Jump to content
Megacon94

Tamamushi Magikarp event

Recommended Posts

Hello, fellow Pokemon hunters. I just wanted to make a thread in regards to information on the distribution of the Tamamushi University Magikarp event, that took place in Japan. I am already aware of the 20 Dragon Rage Magikarp that were distributed in the Gen 1 games, paired along with the rare trophy card in the TCG, as well as other merch.

My main onjective at the moment is to find anyone that might have any info on the actual Magikarp that was distributed in game to the winners. What I hope to do is open up a discussion that could lead to similar results as the thread that brought about the Gen 1 Mew being transferred and redistributed from save files before the internal batteries died. If anyone has any info, or even could act as a middleman or translator for other Japanese forums, any help would be greatly appreciated.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't even have a Japanese 1st Gen Mew or Japanese 2nd Gen Celebi.
So I'm afraid it's unlikely there will ever be a Tamamushi Magikarp popping up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is their a Japanese equivalent of Project Pokemon where a community is researching / archiving events? I don't really know what Japanese communities are out there for Pokemon.

If we had someone who is fluent in both English and Japanese, it might well be worth making a bit of noise on Japanese Pokemon community sites. I'd be amazed if someone didn't have a GEN 1 Mew and GEN 2 Celebi somewhere.

Given only 20 Tamamushi Magikarp we're distributed, 19 years ago, the odd's of one surviving are massively against us. Never say never though, it's not like tools didn't exist back them to dump saves and roms. Someone with the foresight the carts battery would eventually die might well have dumped their save, that save ever making it online though...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found this on the Web a long time ago searching it.

Hope that you'll investigate for.

I think that at least 1 example is still existing somewhere in Japan.

Dragon Rage Magikarp.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jojo12100 said:

I found this on the Web a long time ago searching it.

Hope that you'll investigate for.

I think that at least 1 example is still existing somewhere in Japan.

Dragon Rage Magikarp.png

Yes, i came upon that image, too. I was able to find this website and thread discussing it, but its difficult to properly translate it all.

http://pokemonxy-matome.com/blog-entry-87.html

3 hours ago, ajxpk said:

We don't even have a Japanese 1st Gen Mew or Japanese 2nd Gen Celebi.
So I'm afraid it's unlikely there will ever be a Tamamushi Magikarp popping up.

True, but one can still hope lol

2 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

Is their a Japanese equivalent of Project Pokemon where a community is researching / archiving events? I don't really know what Japanese communities are out there for Pokemon.

If we had someone who is fluent in both English and Japanese, it might well be worth making a bit of noise on Japanese Pokemon community sites. I'd be amazed if someone didn't have a GEN 1 Mew and GEN 2 Celebi somewhere.

Given only 20 Tamamushi Magikarp we're distributed, 19 years ago, the odd's of one surviving are massively against us. Never say never though, it's not like tools didn't exist back them to dump saves and roms. Someone with the foresight the carts battery would eventually die might well have dumped their save, that save ever making it online though...

Thats what im saying! I think its pertinent that we find some sort of language middleman to do some snooping. Heck, id pay for an online investigator like that haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2017 at 2:35 AM, scottishdanstfu said:

I just did Google translate on the site it's definitely confusing
..d3a430e7938b7c19de5e877aadc58259.jpg

http://hayabusa.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/news4vip/1382918834?v=pc this is the original website it is from they are talking about the damage it does and something about esper and it was posted in 2013 so there is a chance it's on someone's pokebank or been save dumped

 

Is there anyone on this site that might be able to better translate and navigate that website? Even ask around? I noticed the post date, and i thought the same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is there anyone on this site that might be able to better translate and navigate that website? Even ask around? I noticed the post date, and i thought the same thing


I'm not too sure.. if I get more time I'll try navigate it but can't guarantee. Unless anyone else has any time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, scottishdanstfu said:

 


I'm not too sure.. if I get more time I'll try navigate it but can't guarantee. Unless anyone else has any time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

 

Yes, please someone have the time lol. It's an emergency

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2017 at 10:50 AM, scottishdanstfu said:

 


I'm not too sure.. if I get more time I'll try navigate it but can't guarantee. Unless anyone else has any time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
 

 

Hey, any luck? I know it's a bit late, but just wanted to know if anything new has popped up haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ajxpk said:

I already mentioned this somewhere else, but again... It was a hack.

What was a hack? The Magikarp posting in 2013?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. It was a fun post... From what I understood the Magikarp was merged using "hybrid Pokemon" to get the move.
I still don't expect anything about it to come to the surface. I would love if it does but I would like to stay realistic.
I looked really deep into the whole world wide web and all I found was about the more common Events.
And even when it comes to them I wasn't able to gather a single one...
Everyone is of course welcomed to help searching for more information. 

Edited by ajxpk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ajxpk said:

Yes. It was a fun post... From what I understood the Magikarp was merged using "hybrid Pokemon" to get the move.
I still don't expect anything about it to come to the surface. I would love if it does but I would like to stay realistic.
I looked really deep into the whole world wide web and all I found was about the more common Events.
And even when it comes to them I wasn't able to gather a single one...
Everyone is of course welcomed to help searching for more information. 

Well, i still plan on being optimistic, but if this link didn't end up going anywhere, i can understand if nothing comes up. It's just realistic to assume that no one saved their files, preemptively. I'm still going to pray one day, a good lead pops up. Appreciate all your help, though, my man!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...