[GEN III] Mystery Gift Tool - Nintendo Events, Wondercards, e-Trainer cards and e-Berry editor (and more!)

suloku

suloku said:
e-trainer injection can be done, even for FRLG. What we say is that they seem to have planed trainer wondercards and that didn't work out/they scrapped the idea.

Do you know if it's possible to inject various language E-reader trainers into eachother?

Originally I wanted to take my Emerald strategy guide promo, scan it into a Japanese save and then convert to English to see what happens. I also wanna do it with the 4 trainer promo cards since those were actually released in English.

Edited by HaxAras

Do you know if it's possible to inject various language E-reader trainers into eachother?

Originally I wanted to take my Emerald strategy guide promo, scan it into a Japanese save and then convert to English to see what happens. I also wanna do it with the 4 trainer promo cards since those were actually released in English.

The Emerald one wouldn't work because of Trainer Hill has a set amount of trainers. As for the R/S trainers, you'd need to inject them another way because Japanese Emerald's Mystery Events won't recognize the R/S cards. That's something I also tried using a printed dot code.

Mistery event is language locked (multiple times) and game-locked, from the research done at glitch city by Hacky it doesn't appear that there's a way to make them compatible with all games, or even all languages.

It may be possible via writing a custom e-reader program though, but if we are doing that (not that I can do it), we might as well go the easy way and directly inject to the save.

Invader TAK said:
The Emerald one wouldn't work because of Trainer Hill has a set amount of trainers. As for the R/S trainers, you'd need to inject them another way because Japanese Emerald's Mystery Events won't recognize the R/S cards. That's something I also tried using a printed dot code.
suloku said:
Mistery event is language locked (multiple times) and game-locked, from the research done at glitch city by Hacky it doesn't appear that there's a way to make them compatible with all games, or even all languages.

It may be possible via writing a custom e-reader program though, but if we are doing that (not that I can do it), we might as well go the easy way and directly inject to the save.

I think there's a misunderstanding.

4 Japanese R/S promo cards. Gonna scan them into a Japanese Ruby and then use my R4 to write the save to an English cart. Same thing with Emerald. I wanna see if it will convert the trainers or what will happen.

So the Emerald trainers are all for trainer hill?

Edited by HaxAras

So the Emerald trainers are all for trainer hill?

Yes they are. Just like the FRLG cards are all for Trainer Tower.

I wonder if it'd be possible to make an e-Reader dot code (or two if needed) that can send the Eon Ticket to all versions of R/S. Only reason I mention it is Prof.9 made custom dot codes for Mega Man Battle Network 4 through 6 that send data to both the Japanese AND English versions of those games (though his BN6 dot codes only work for the Japanese version due to how much Capcom stripped out of the English version). Also worth noting is his custom dot codes are only scannable on English e-Readers.

Ok, I'm gonna make a few statements:

1.- Most e-cards dotcodes have been dumped and are available (all english sets are dumped maybe some promotional cards still missing, same goes for jap).

2.- Those dumped codes can be used on emulator, the same as with real hardware.

3.- The official way of doing it is language and game locked. It is probably not possible to modify the e-reader program to recognize any game, at least not for me (it is z-80 code, probably it can be made so the language and region check is skipped, but that's outside my abilities).

4.- The data inside the e-trainer and e-berry dotcodes (ect and ecb files) is compatible with all games, any region. The format is exactly the same. Of course, due to language encoding and the easy chat system, using it on a different language works, but probably the sentences will not make any sense.*

5.- In the future, I'd like to add a button to output an ect/ecb file as a ready to go e-reader savegame for the desired game language. Of course this will still be language/game region locked. I have the means to do that, but not the time.

*There's currently a bug where some japanese ect files can't be opened in the editor, but injecting works fine.

EDIT: also, dotcodes are e-reader software programmed in z80 language, for the pokemon games they communicate with the game and run several scripts in the gen 3 format. The Eon ticket event and e-trainer/berry are data that instead of getting run right away (like the regi dolls, which is a script that gives you the doll), are stored in the save.

For mystery event techs: http://forums.glitchcity.info/index.php?topic=7114.0

Also, Team Fail made some good research too, as re-enabling mystery event in non-jap emerald:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=224212

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=348484

HaxAras: your legit e-reader saves project is really interesting, but if you are doing it thinking there is no other way to get the events in the saves, you are wrong on that. Most trainer and berries are already included in the package ready for injection to any langage game saves. Also, a japanese save with an scanned trainer will work fine on another language rom, but the easy chat system text will make no sense.

I think I covered most of the doubts?

suloku said:
HaxAras: your legit e-reader saves project is really interesting, but if you are doing it thinking there is no other way to get the events in the saves, you are wrong on that. Most trainer and berries are already included in the package ready for injection to any langage game saves. Also, a japanese save with an scanned trainer will work fine on another language rom, but the easy chat system text will make no sense.

Nope. Personally, I just can't stand dealing with Emulators. I think they cause nothing but headaches. Always crashing and in the case of VBA, the wireless connectivity feature never working or after a while of use it just stops working, etc. So I thought it might be a fun way to pass the time. I didn't/don't know of any other project like it. I'm doing it for people who wish to battle those Pokemon and not deal with the headache of emulators or who also like doing things as legit as possible. If people want the Pokemon on their own saves, I can do that too.

Edited by HaxAras

• 3 weeks later...

I want to signale that my PC doesn't let me use this program because both Avira and Windows 10 defender block this. I disabled Avira and Windows 10 says that there is a "[Trojan:Win32/Manrele.J!cl] in [Gen3 Event tool 0.1d.exe]" This forces me to power off PC, and I don't want to disable PC defender at all, also because then I need to delete the program every time.

Edited by Liger0

49 minutes ago, Liger0 said:

I want to signale that my PC doesn't let me use this program because both Avira and Windows 10 defender block this. I disabled Avira and Windows 10 says that there is a "[Trojan:Win32/Manrele.J!cl] in [Gen3 Event tool 0.1d.exe]" This forces me to power off PC, and I don't want to disable PC defender at all, also because then I need to delete the program every time.

Given how few virus scanners detect anything wrong with it, I'd say that it's just a false positive.

• Like 1

I'm running Windows 8.1 pro and have Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Anti Malware. I've had it installed since it was released and I have not had a single issue. There's also a complete lack of anybody else in this thread claiming to have problems with it. If you're really skeptical, I'm sure somebody could install the events to your saves and send them back to you.  

10 hours ago, HaxAras said:

I'm running Windows 8.1 pro and have Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Anti Malware. I've had it installed since it was released and I have not had a single issue. There's also a complete lack of anybody else in this thread claiming to have problems with it. If you're really skeptical, I'm sure somebody could install the events to your saves and send them back to you.  

I'm not skeptical, I've just problems running the program as my PC automatically deletes it, and I don't want to disable every protection in the system.

I know Windows Defender lets you check the list of detected items and you can choose to put them in a whitelist. Does Avira also have that?

It's a little bit of a hassle, but I've historically had issues with that with Pokesav, it'd always just remove it when downloaded. But if you checked Windows Defender after it said it found something, there's somewhere in the menu that lets you view detected items. Got the option to delete permanently, take out of quarantine, or allow. Taking out of quarantine usually just results in it removing it again right away and I've had to kinda jump through hoops by telling it to allow this file and then redownload it. I stopped getting that false positive for Pokesav a while ago tho so I guess at least they're improving their system for false positives :P

I was messing with the tool. I tinkered with it once before but I never injected anything. I most just loaded a save or two to look at the options. I was trying to inject a wish Chansey into my Emerald save to see how it worked and got this error. 

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at WC3_TOOL.WC3_editor_givegg.Save_butClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
WC3_TOOL
    Assembly Version: 1.0.6159.33299
    Win32 Version: 1.0.6159.33299
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/HaxAras/OneDrive/Documents/New%20folder/Save%20editors%20-%20Emulators/Mystery%20Gift%20Tool%200.1d/Mystery%20Gift%20Tool%200.1d.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

PC version of the tool, VBA save file. Not really open in any other programs. I have Triggers PC open but I save my game, messed around a bit and then loaded up the tool so I don't think that would be a problem. 

Edited by HaxAras

21 hours ago, suloku said:

Works fine on my end, can you post the exact steps that trigger the error?

I don't know why the error occurred. What I was doing was going into the WC editor and picking a random one from the files and then clicking on the egg event option. Once I had the Wish Chansey picked out, I then just saved. Then clicked the x icon to close the window because I didn't know what else to do. It never worked though. Eventually I just repeated that and saved it as a custom WC. I'd just "Inject WC" and activate the modified card and the program gave me the eggs. 

Edit:
I was trying to make a video showing it but now I can't even get the program to work properly. I keep loading and injecting WC's and the man at the PokeCenter just keeps thanking me. I can't delete the old WC even though the tool said it would overwrite it because the Wireless function in VBA is worthless. 

Edit 2: Deleted all the wonder cards I messed with and tried to make a new one and got the error again. I remember now, this is what I did the original time, got this error and then just loaded a legit ticket and modified it. 

183kXoC.png

vny9Qnn.png

I was able to make a custom WC last time and both times I can't save it. Is there some way I'd be able to inject egg events into my Emerald save using VBA? I can easily write these to my GBA save and use a wireless adapter to delete the WC. (Even though the program says it overwrites it).

I can't remember if you guys said these would be considered legit or legal. None of that really matters to me. It's more for personal use in Pokemon Colosseum/XD/Casual playthoughs and my trophy collection. I want to get a bunch of wish eggs, scan them with Triggers PC for shinnies to do future playthroughs of gen 3 games with. 

I can easily hatch a regular Chansey shiny and then import to gen 4 and use the glitch to get any move on any Pokemon but gen 3 is the main gen that I play. 

Edit 3?:

I have no idea what I did. I took a Spanish legit event and modified it a little and was able to get a custom WC that I can use as many times as I want to give myself Wish eggs. I accidentally gave Farfetch'd the wrong move at one point and I was able to successfully edit it and it still works. 

Edited by HaxAras

Ok, the error happens because I forgot to disable the "inject egg script" buttons when no WC3 is previously loaded, in the current version you are supposed to load a WC3, then edit it as you please, but the button layour seems to imply you are ready to use it. I think in next version I'll just make it load by default an empty WC3 (I'll do the same for Wonder News), that way the egg events can be created without loading an existing wc3. I also wanted to add a button for a "Gift Pokémon" script, just for fun.

Also note that the editor itself has nothing to do with the savegame file loaded: the editor handles WC3 files, the main screen handles SAV files, they are independent. I though directly editing the WC stored in the save might lead to confusion, so I kept it this way, buttons are in the same group for organization purposes.

About egg legality: if you only create the eggs listed at bulbapedia (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_PCNY_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_III#Wish_Eggs), the eggs themselves should be no different from the actual event. The wondercard and script are not the official ones, but that doesn't affect the generated egg, which should be the same as the event. We are asuming the official egg event used a script very similar to the one found in the rom (this is what happened with the other wondercard events).

In bulbapedia I'm seeing that they say "This Pokémon can be Shiny if hatched in a different game to the game it was received in.", which seems to imply the eggs couldn't be shiny. Gen 3 had no shiny lock for in-game events as far as I'm concerned (even all legendaries can be shiny), so I don't know where that statement from bulbapedia comes from.

Last but not least: the egg event enables a flag in the savegame preventing from receiving the egg again. This flag is cleared when tossing the wondercard. The tool has an option in the menu to clear this flag too, if that would be more handy for you.

• Like 1

What I ended up doing was loading some Spanish event card, injecting the egg script and clicking on the "Killscript" option, saving the WC3 and then when prompted to save the file, I saved over my Emerald file. I load up the save in VBA, accept the egg and save. Then I load up Triggers PC, take the egg and repeat. 

I intend to get enough eggs to scan with Triggers PC for a shiny. I was wondering about their legitimacy/legality but I'm not too worried since I don't intend to share them with anybody. I mean, I might give them to my best friends but only one is an event collector so all I'd really have to tell her is that it's not an official event and problem solved. 

The killscript version is the same script, but instead of setting the flags that the normal event uses, it erases itself from the savegame so you can't receive another egg. I you want to make multiple eggs, I can send you a modified version that doesn't kill itself -> you'll get an egg each time you talk with the man in blue/green. The code to generate the pokemon is untouched, so the egg will be exactly the same. If you are going to get so many eggs, maybe you'll want this script.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, suloku said:

The killscript version is the same script, but instead of setting the flags that the normal event uses, it erases itself from the savegame so you can't receive another egg. I you want to make multiple eggs, I can send you a modified version that doesn't kill itself -> you'll get an egg each time you talk with the man in blue/green. The code to generate the pokemon is untouched, so the egg will be exactly the same. If you are going to get so many eggs, maybe you'll want this script.

Yes please! That would save me so much time! Like I said, I want to hatch shiny ones of all the gen 3 egg events for my personal gen 3 collection. So I was expecting this to take dozens of hours. I don't really care about stats or natures so outside of that, I had no need for multiple eggs. 

That would be incredible. I'm assuming it would only take slight modification to change the Pokemon/moves to the different events. I got a working Farfeth'd ticket that I've been loading into the editor and then modifying the Pokemon, save it and then load it into Emerald. 

12 minutes ago, Real.96 said:

There is a little error in the Aurora Ticket Injected Wondercard. I tryed to use the program to inject an Aurora Ticket in English LeafGreen and "AURORATICKET" is written "AURORA TICKET".

That's not an error. That's the US version of the Auroraticket.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I downloaded this and my antivirus flagged it and it looks like a lot of other antiviruses think its a virus too.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/f5fd1387561a2a3380a7c87281dbcc538c87bd8378f8478e09d5bf7fa9705666/analysis/

Edit: I downloaded the version before the current one and it seems to work fine.

Edited by FallenHearts