[GEN III] Mystery Gift Tool - Nintendo Events, Wondercards, e-Trainer cards and e-Berry editor (and more!)

suloku

Please, always keep a backup of your savegames!

To know where this comes from, please read this thread: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46883-GEN-3-Mystery-Gift-Research

PC Version: https://github.com/projectpokemon/Gen3-WCTool/releases/

GC/Wii Homebrew: https://github.com/suloku/gba-link-cable-dumper/releases/

NDS Homebrew: https://github.com/suloku/savegame-manager/releases/

e-Reader savegames for Eon Ticket transfer (all regions) via Link Cable with real hardware: EON_ticket_ereader_savegames.zip
EON_TICKETS.thumb.png.12ccb3a455327e67b8f4145c9b71152c.png

7d81f1b02f.png

57e008baa2.png

Sorry, I can't make a propper post right now. I'll try to get this decent tomorrow. There are some readme included.

FAQ:

Q: What's the diference between using any of these injection apps and sending my cartridge to nintendo?

A: None.

Q: I have a ESP/GER/ITA/FRE game. If I inject the USA Mystic ticket, will this be legit?

A: All evidence suggests that the USA Wondercard distributions were compatible with all non-japanese games. Game release dates make it also technically possible to have received an Emerald Mystic ticket on an European game, and we know the USA Aurora Ticket distribution device is compatible with European games (but it only distributed the english wondercard, fully opetational though).

- USA and UK games are the very same game rom, so all the english events apply to both, regarless of being European or USA.

- The spanish Emerald Aurora ticket wondercard is fine, Nintendo messed up and left Vermillion city instead of updating the wondercard text to Hoenn. The event was never done in Spain, but it could be received at other countries if you used the spanish cart, so it is totally legit, so don't worry, nintendo was very sloppy with this.

- Nintendo also messed up the german Eon Ticket (there is photo proof from oficial german distribution that this was already known).

EON_TICKETS.png

EON_ticket_ereader_savegames.zip

WC3Tool 0.1e.zip

• Like 11
  • Amazed 2

Found a MAJOR bug with the DS and Wii injectors. Both options for English Emerald give you the Mystic Ticket. But since it's happening with both injectors, I'm starting to think it's something with my save.

EDIT: Started a new save on my English Emerald and played up to being able to activate Mystery Gift then tried the DS injector. Same problem.

EDIT 2: The DS injector also won't inject the Aurora Ticket into English FRLG.

Edited by Invader TAK

Great job Suloku, ajxpkm and others for bringing this to life!

I have discovered a bug with Gen 3 Event Tool. I used to the tool to add the Old Sea Map and the Mystic Ticket to my Japanese Save. Both went perfect! I caught the pokemon and saved. But When I at last tried to inject the Eon Ticket, in the tool itself everything went fine. But when I loaded up the game, The save file had been deleted and the backup save file had been restored. I saved the game a couple of times and tried to inject the ticket again but the same thing recurred. This seems to be exclusively with the Eon Ticket. The other two are working as intended.

I just read this now. This is ?on ticket for japanesse savegame right? I'll get this fixed tomorrow.

Japanesse are different and have been the less tested, sorry for the inconvenience. I'll also check if the problem happens in the nds and wii versions.

My time is very limited right now, so not much time to support this tool, but this seems to be a major bug so I'll get this fixed tomorrow night.

I just read this now. This is ?on ticket for japanesse savegame right? I'll get this fixed tomorrow.

Japanesse are different and have been the less tested, sorry for the inconvenience. I'll also check if the problem happens in the nds and wii versions.

My time is very limited right now, so not much time to support this tool, but this seems to be a major bug so I'll get this fixed tomorrow night.

I was able to inject the Eon Ticket into my Japanese Sapphire using the DS tool no problem.

Speaking of the DS tool, would it be possible to put in the option to swap carts without needing to reloading it or is that a limitation with the save manager you used for it?

I was able to inject the Eon Ticket into my Japanese Sapphire using the DS tool no problem.

Speaking of the DS tool, would it be possible to put in the option to swap carts without needing to reloading it or is that a limitation with the save manager you used for it?

Will check if the original one supports swapping carts, if it does, I'll try to re-add it. All the gba cart reading code is totally foreing to me, so I didn't want to mess with it more than needed.

EDIT:

Great job Suloku, ajxpkm and others for bringing this to life!

I have discovered a bug with Gen 3 Event Tool. I used to the tool to add the Old Sea Map and the Mystic Ticket to my Japanese Save. Both went perfect! I caught the pokemon and saved. But When I at last tried to inject the Eon Ticket, in the tool itself everything went fine. But when I loaded up the game, The save file had been deleted and the backup save file had been restored. I saved the game a couple of times and tried to inject the ticket again but the same thing recurred. This seems to be exclusively with the Eon Ticket. The other two are working as intended.

I can't seem to be able to replicate this, works for me just fine. Might you send me your savegame via private message?

Edited by suloku

I kept getting an "Unhandled Exception" in the Mystery Gift Tool whenever I tried injecting a sharable Wonder Card and overwriting the save I was injecting to. I had to output to a new file for it to work. But it did work!

I can't reaplicate this, may you please tell me exact steps you do to produce the bug?

I have sent you a PM along with a quick video on how it wasnt working. ^_^

I found the problem, I forgot to fix a section checksum for Japanese Emerald (eon ticket on that game works a little different, the event is in-game and the mistery event only enabled it and added the eon ticket data for record mixing. The NDS and GC/Wii version are not affected, as I did the propper job there.

I'll upload update program tonight, I'll wait a little and see if I can also upload a fixed version for the bug Invader TAK mentioned. If you are eagger, you may fix the section checksums by loading the save on Mystery gift tool and using the menu option for that.

Hey guys, I don't mean to spam this thread, but I found this while searching in Google and I've been following the process of you guys working on these tools. I have a quick question, is it possible to inject the Old Sea Map wonder card into a Japanese save and then transfer that wonder card in game from that save to an English save, and 'legally' obtain the Old Sea Map that way? Also, after I injected the wonder card into my Japanese save, I could not receive the Old Sea Map. The man on the 2nd floor of the PC would just 'thank me for using Mystery Gift'. I think there might be a bug or something.

P.S., there is another thread on this site that provides a ZIP with a lot of the official e-Reader files and a tool to inject them. Pretty cool, I've been checking them all out: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46216-GEN-3-e-Reader-Event-Injection

Hey guys, I don't mean to spam this thread, but I found this while searching in Google and I've been following the process of you guys working on these tools. I have a quick question, is it possible to inject the Old Sea Map wonder card into a Japanese save and then transfer that wonder card in game from that save to an English save, and 'legally' obtain the Old Sea Map that way? Also, after I injected the wonder card into my Japanese save, I could not receive the Old Sea Map. The man on the 2nd floor of the PC would just 'thank me for using Mystery Gift'. I think there might be a bug or something.

1.- Japanese-Internation roms aren't compatible since the wondercard format is different. They can't share/download wondercards or wonder news between them, they don't even detect that other players are "online" using the wireless adapter. This makes me think that japanese wondercard distributions were not compatible with other regions, so any non-japanese old sea map mew is illegal. Of course I wasn't there and I don't have the distribution cart for the old sea map or any other japanese event to confirm this, so we might never know for sure.

1.5- Keep in mind that any non-japanese old sea map mew is illegal (even though it is "legit", interpreted as being generated in-game with correct location data). Loading your savegame on a japanese rom to get the Mew will only generate a fully legal Mew if you edit your OT to use the japanese character encoding table, as simply loading the save will apparently display the correct OT, but the encoding used is different to the one you would get if you had input your name in the japanese rom when prompted and the data that ends up in the OT field of the pk3 file generated by the game will be "wrong".

2.- I'll upload the fixed version of the tool later for the emerald eon ticket bug. I'll also include a custom wondercard for the FRLG Mistyc Ticket and one for the international Old Sea Map using the unused scripts that lie inside the rom. Of course those two wondercards will be completely illegal and non-official. The obtained Mew for the Old sea map will also be illegal, for the reasons stated above. On the contrary, Ho-ho or Lugia captured using this custom wondercard will be completely legal, but only in the english roms, since the pokemon are generated in-game. Just delete the custom wondercard if you want and there will be no difference with the official event.

2.5.- We know the US Aurora ticket distribution cartridge was compatible with all the ENG/FRE/GER/ITA/ESP roms (though the received wondercard would be in english in all cases), so there's no reason to think this was not the case for the Mistyc ticket distribution, so technically speaking, there is a very high probability that FRE/GER/ITA/ESP Mistyc Ho-ho/Lugia are totally legal too.

3.- If the man in the 2nd floor tells you "thank you for using Mystery Gift", that means that either you already have the Old Sea map or one of the flags related to the event enabled, but not all (or you would be able to visit the island). Did you try any kind of action replay codes on that savegame?

3.5.- Just to be safe: Old Sea Map is only compatible with Emerald, even if you can inject the wondercard on a FRLG savegame with the tool the wondercard won't work on them as intended and unexpected behavior can occur.

P.S., there is another thread on this site that provides a ZIP with a lot of the official e-Reader files and a tool to inject them. Pretty cool, I've been checking them all out: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?46216-GEN-3-e-Reader-Event-Injection

I'm aware of Team Fail's work, in fact I have used it to make customized e-reader savegames for Eon ticket distribution for the other european languages. The japanesse Eon ticket for RS should work too, but I need to test it a little more. For japanese emerald, I'm pretty sure I can craft a savegame that enables the event, but the japanese emerald eon ticket works a little different to.

I also want to upload savegames for the Regi Dolls distribution that work with other languages games (of course, this would be considered as "illegal" since those were never obtainable in non japanese roms).

suloku said:
I also want to upload savegames for the Regi Dolls distribution that work with other languages games (of course, this would be considered as "illegal" since those were never obtainable in non japanese roms).

That is entirely incorrect.

I have the Decoration Present card, English and Japanese Emerald versions, E-readers and whatever else I'm forgetting to mention.

Scan Decoration Present into Japanese R/S/E (I honestly can't remember if you can scan it into Emerald)

Mix records to transfer it from a Japanese Ruby to a Japanese Emerald using the Mauville city decoration trader.

Then mix records between the Japanese Emerald and the English Emerald using the same trader.

I may be the first English player or one of to get legit Regi dolls on the English games. I can provide proof that I have all these thins as well as a video showing the process needed to transfer legit dolls. I also uploaded a Japanese Ruby save on the thread for this project with the Regi dolls inserted.

----

When you were talking about the Japanese Old Sea Map. It made me wonder if I could just write my non-Japanese roms to my Japanese save, insert the Old Sea map and get the Mew on my Japanese cart, back it up and restore it back to my non J saves. As well as just restore it before I catch it to get non J Mew. What would be the legality of that?

Edit: I don't like making claims without providing proof. So here it is.

Picture of all my stuff.

http://imgur.com/a/UEWJq

Here's a terrible video of the Decoration Present being scanned in. I can make a video of the transfer but I'd have to record one game with a webcam and the other using my Hauppauge.

Edited by HaxAras

I uploaded 0.1b with the emerald eon ticket bugfix and the package includes Mystick Ticket for FRLG and Old Sea Map custom wondercards for non-japanese games. Those are, of course, not the official files, as stated in the included txt file.

https://github.com/suloku/wc-tool/releases/tag/0.1b

That is entirely incorrect.

I have the Decoration Present card, English and Japanese Emerald versions, E-readers and whatever else I'm forgetting to mention.

Scan Decoration Present into Japanese R/S/E (I honestly can't remember if you can scan it into Emerald)

Mix records to transfer it from a Japanese Ruby to a Japanese Emerald using the Mauville city decoration trader.

Then mix records between the Japanese Emerald and the English Emerald using the same trader.

I may be the first English player or one of to get legit Regi dolls on the English games. I can provide proof that I have all these thins as well as a video showing the process needed to transfer legit dolls. I also uploaded a Japanese Ruby save on the thread for this project with the Regi dolls inserted.

----

When you were talking about the Japanese Old Sea Map. It made me wonder if I could just write my non-Japanese roms to my Japanese save, insert the Old Sea map and get the Mew on my Japanese cart, back it up and restore it back to my non J saves. As well as just restore it before I catch it to get non J Mew. What would be the legality of that?

Edit: I don't like making claims without providing proof. So here it is.

Picture of all my stuff.

http://imgur.com/a/UEWJq

Here's a terrible video of the Decoration Present being scanned in. I can make a video of the transfer but I'd have to record one game with a webcam and the other using my Hauppauge.

That's VERY insteresting to know! I didn't know jap games could mix records with other regions, this is really cool to know, since that means the saves would provide an easy way of getting the dolls, rather than sending them just for fun to the saves.

I uploaded 0.1b with the emerald eon ticket bugfix and the package includes Mystick Ticket for FRLG and Old Sea Map custom wondercards for non-japanese games. Those are, of course, not the official files, as stated in the included txt file.

https://github.com/suloku/wc-tool/releases/tag/0.1b

That's VERY insteresting to know! I didn't know jap games could mix records with other regions, this is really cool to know, since that means the saves would provide an easy way of getting the dolls, rather than sending them just for fun to the saves.

Only Emerald can. Ruby/Sapphire cannot mix records between languages. So the process would be:

1. Scan Decoration Present on Japanese Ruby/Sapphire give a Regi Doll to the Decoration Trader at Mauville City's Pokemon Center.

2. Mix Records with Japanese Emerald.

3. Mix Records between Japanese Emerald and non-Japanese Emerald.

4. Mix records between the non-Japanese Emerald and non-Japanese R/S of the same language.

Invader TAK said:
Only Emerald can. Ruby/Sapphire cannot mix records between languages. So the process would be:

1. Scan Decoration Present on Japanese Ruby/Sapphire give a Regi Doll to the Decoration Trader at Mauville City's Pokemon Center.

2. Mix Records with Japanese Emerald.

3. Mix Records between Japanese Emerald and non-Japanese Emerald.

4. Mix records between the non-Japanese Emerald and non-Japanese R/S of the same language.

This is 100% correct and worded much better than I could have ever put it.

I was skimming through the tool earlier today. I couldn't figure out a few things. Stuff like the E-reader berries required files to be loaded. (Thanks to BlackShark for posting those. I have the English cards (minus a couple promo's but not all the Japanese one yet.)

I think the wonder mail/wonder cards did as well. Are there no official wonder cards loaded into the tool? I want them more for the novelty of getting to see them in my actual carts. I have no interest in creating my own.

Another thing I was wondering about. With the different tickets being region locked. I loaded in an Emerald save and certain events were blocked for certain languages. Will there ever be a way to have the tool scan any ticket into any save? I know people don't consider various tickets in the wrong language to be legit. But as far as my collection goes (gen 3 living dexes in every language) it's not a problem for me.

For my personal collection, as long as the Pokemon were generated in-game (on the islands), I don't care how the tickets were obtained. Eventually I'll get different copies of Pokemon Colosseum and XD: from various regions but I'd also like a way to get these island Pokemon. I'd normally just find some Action Replay codes and backup my saves, write them into an English cart and then restore them to the original region. But this would be quicker.

I'm more of a preservationist. My interest is in making sure as many of these old events are preserved as possible.

Edited by HaxAras

This is 100% correct and worded much better than I could have ever put it.

I was skimming through the tool earlier today. I couldn't figure out a few things. Stuff like the E-reader berries required files to be loaded. (Thanks to BlackShark for posting those. I have the English cards (minus a couple promo's but not all the Japanese one yet.)

I think the wonder mail/wonder cards did as well. Are there no official wonder cards loaded into the tool? I want them more for the novelty of getting to see them in my actual carts. I have no interest in creating my own.

Another thing I was wondering about. With the different tickets being region locked. I loaded in an Emerald save and certain events were blocked for certain languages. Will there ever be a way to have the tool scan any ticket into any save? I know people don't consider various tickets in the wrong language to be legit. But as far as my collection goes (gen 3 living dexes in every language) it's not a problem for me.

For my personal collection, as long as the Pokemon were generated in-game (on the islands), I don't care how the tickets were obtained. Eventually I'll get different copies of Pokemon Colosseum and :XD: from various regions but I'd also like a way to get these island Pokemon. I'd normally just find some Action Replay codes and backup my saves, write them into an English cart and then restore them to the original region. But this would be quicker.

I'm more of a preservationist. My interest is in making sure as many of these old events are preserved as possible.

All of the Wonder Cards and Eon Ticket files are official in the PC tool zip are official.

I can confirm that non-japanese games were unable to detect or download the japanese old sea map distribution.

Does that mean you or someone you know withnessed the unability of a non-japanese game to download the Old Sea Map?

Nice work!

It looks like the visibility of the buttons don't get updated when you override the game version.

They get updated in the Event Tool. Also the offsets seem to be fine though.

By the way, if anyone is looking for ECT and ECB files:

[ATTACH]13840[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]13841[/ATTACH]

Do you mean the override button when accessing the events in theain tool? I'll check that. I originally intended to leave the eventa out of the main tool, but decided keeping the button there doesn't hurt. The official event injector is just a stripped version for those only interested in the events,imicking a little the ones taka coded long ago.

And thanks for the berries and trainer files compilation! I need to add support to inject/extract them directly from uncompressed vpks to create e-reader saves with Team Fail's program, or ideally, be able to do everything (extract vkp, decompress vpk, inject/extract berry/trainer, recompress vpk and inject the savegame.

The vpk compression algorythm is open source and the e-reader save checksum was implemented by the SciresM we know and love, so it is absolutely possible, it just needs time to get done.

All of the Wonder Cards and Eon Ticket files are official in the PC tool zip are official.

@HaxAras as Invader TAK states, all the files included are oficial, except the obvious CUSTOM folder, which is the only place where non official events will be placed in the file I upload.

Right now the folder just holds a FRLG Mystic ticket and an Old Sea Map for non-japanese games, just so anyone wanting to trigger the events doesn't need to use morpheo's codes.

Custom wondercards are very powerful, as they can trigger a lot of things in-game, and can be associated with any npc. I have one that enables the eon ticket event in emerald, showing an image of the missing lati depending on which one you selected, for example, but you can make a wondercard that distributes a Celebi, or gives you a master ball or whatever, the only limitation would be that without enabling in-game flags, the event would be triggered more than once. This can be "solved" by using a command that deletes the script from the save once executed.

About regions and such:

Emarald wondercards won't work on FireRed/LeafGreen and vice versa.

Jap wondercards only work with japanese games

Non-jap wondercards work on any non-jap game, only difference is text language. In the USA you could receive aurora ticket to any non-jap, but the wondercard and event in-game will be in english. The European distributions auto-selected the correct language when downloading the wondercard.

With the tool, use the override region button to get other region wondercards injected. The language autodetection is not perfect, so it may fail with some savegames, specially FRLG are the hardest and more prone to fail, that's actually the main purpose of the override button.

Eon ticket: the distribution machine was/is language locked (this is tied to how the mystery event itself is coded), but the event itself works on any region if you override and inject it to a savegame of a different language.

To clarify how the events work: they are a single script associated to an npc,for wondercards it's the man in the 2nd floor, fo eon ticket your father at petalburg. Talking to them executes the script and the only difference between the different language scripts is, game-wise, the text, besides that everything else is the same script.

The scripts also contain trash data, not relevant for the game or the event iself, but relevant so we can claim the file is the Official Nintendo event with proud.

Also, the scripts for wondercards are independent to the wondercard, so I suspect that Emerald and FRLG, which had mystery gift and mystery event in the japanese versions, would fail to download a wondercard if you still had a mystery event script there. I should test this, but I wouldn't understand the japanese errors. They never used mystery event on emerald or frlg to distribute an script, favoring wondercard distribution, so this was not a problem in real practice.

Also, this is probably because the savegame doesn't have enough room to store both scripts.

Does that mean you or someone you know withnessed the unability of a non-japanese game to download the Old Sea Map?

Do you mean the override button when accessing the events in theain tool? I'll check that. I originally intended to leave the eventa out of the main tool, but decided keeping the button there doesn't hurt. The official event injector is just a stripped version for those only interested in the events,imicking a little the ones taka coded long ago.

And thanks for the berries and trainer files compilation! I need to add support to inject/extract them directly from uncompressed vpks to create e-reader saves with Team Fail's program, or ideally, be able to do everything (extract vkp, decompress vpk, inject/extract berry/trainer, recompress vpk and inject the savegame.

The vpk compression algorythm is open source and the e-reader save checksum was implemented by the SciresM we know and love, so it is absolutely possible, it just needs time to get done.

@HaxAras as Invader TAK states, all the files included are oficial, except the obvious CUSTOM folder, which is the only place where non official events will be placed in the file I upload.

Right now the folder just holds a FRLG Mystic ticket and an Old Sea Map for non-japanese games, just so anyone wanting to trigger the events doesn't need to use morpheo's codes.

Custom wondercards are very powerful, as they can trigger a lot of things in-game, and can be associated with any npc. I have one that enables the eon ticket event in emerald, showing an image of the missing lati depending on which one you selected, for example, but you can make a wondercard that distributes a Celebi, or gives you a master ball or whatever, the only limitation would be that without enabling in-game flags, the event would be triggered more than once. This can be "solved" by using a command that deletes the script from the save once executed.

About regions and such:

Emarald wondercards won't work on FireRed/LeafGreen and vice versa.

Jap wondercards only work with japanese games

Non-jap wondercards work on any non-jap game, only difference is text language. In the USA you could receive aurora ticket to any non-jap, but the wondercard and event in-game will be in english. The European distributions auto-selected the correct language when downloading the wondercard.

With the tool, use the override region button to get other region wondercards injected. The language autodetection is not perfect, so it may fail with some savegames, specially FRLG are the hardest and more prone to fail, that's actually the main purpose of the override button.

Eon ticket: the distribution machine was/is language locked (this is tied to how the mystery event itself is coded), but the event itself works on any region if you override and inject it to a savegame of a different language.

To clarify how the events work: they are a single script associated to an npc,for wondercards it's the man in the 2nd floor, fo eon ticket your father at petalburg. Talking to them executes the script and the only difference between the different language scripts is, game-wise, the text, besides that everything else is the same script.

The scripts also contain trash data, not relevant for the game or the event iself, but relevant so we can claim the file is the Official Nintendo event with proud.

Also, the scripts for wondercards are independent to the wondercard, so I suspect that Emerald and FRLG, which had mystery gift and mystery event in the japanese versions, would fail to download a wondercard if you still had a mystery event script there. I should test this, but I wouldn't understand the japanese errors. They never used mystery event on emerald or frlg to distribute an script, favoring wondercard distribution, so this was not a problem in real practice.

Also, this is probably because the savegame doesn't have enough room to store both scripts.

Only Japanese Emerald has both Mystery Event and Mystery Gift. Which is strange, considering the only e-Reader cards Emerald got were to add Trainers to Trainer Hill, and those are sent through Mystery Gift. The ones released for R/S aren't compatible, I tried it using printed dot codes since I don't have ANY Japanese e-Cards, just the Card e-Reader+.