StarsMmd

Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

735 posts in this topic

StarsMmd    39

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world's first ever Pokemon XD:GoD hack!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5921af24e3e8b_ScreenShot2017-05-07at15_42_48.thumb.png.4ddacd4ea419096b2b6e9f48b7d9e02f.png

Main Features:

- Physical/Special Split

- Gen VI type matchup chart including fairy type

- New set of shadow pokemon and other obtainable pokemon

- Over 100 Shadow Pokemon

- Over 50 Shadow Moves

- 75 Wild Pokemon

- Moves and abilities from later generations

- Gen 7 Game Mechanics

- More challenging opponents

Corrupted Save files

A lot of people have been getting their save files corrupted. This is due to anti cheat measures in XD. It's most commonly caused by abusing save states in Dolphin. In XD, your previous save files are kept and referred to when you save. If, for example, you have a new save file with less play time than the previous save file then it is considered corrupted. This happens if you load a state save from before your most recent manual save. Use your save states wisely!

Download

Other features

- Gen VI critical hit multiplier

- TMs can be reused infinitely.

- Move tutor moves can be learned infinitely and are all available from the start.

- Your team is automatically healed before snattle and after shadow lugia

- The move relearner costs 5 pokecoupons per move

- Decapitalised text

- Increased chance of finding shinies (more in line with gen 7). Shadow pokemon can be shiny without the colosseum glitch

- 2 starter pokemon

- You don't need to beat 1-100 all in a row in mt.battle to get the prizes. You get one each time you beat zone 100.

- The trainers at the pyrite duel square can be used strategically for EV training; they use pokemon chosen specifically to give 1 type of EV

- better AI (still not perfect though)

Change Log:

v1.0.4

• fixed bug where the game crashed in the rest stop after Mt. Battle area 1
  • feebas evolves at level 20
  • disable's accuracy set to 100%
  • fixed Shadow Veil having 0 PP
  • fixed Rest having the wrong effect

v1.0.3

• better rewards for Battle Bingo, Mt. Battle, helping the lost girl at ONBS and beating the Phenac Pre-gym
  • Shadow Pokemon rebalancing
  • fixed Shadow Room issues on dolphin
  • fixed Shadow Room and Shadow Madness animations
  • fixed Shadow Terrain weakening shadow moves instead of regular moves
  • fixed Intimidate not activating on switch in
  •  Life Orb recoil now only activates on attacking moves
  • residual damage from burn reduced from 1/8 to 1/16
  • Blizzard/Shadow Storm now 100% accurate in Hail/Shadow Sky
  • Aura animation on all shadow moves
  • A few new shadow moves
  • added Aurora Veil
  • made shadow Lugia battle more challenging
  • fixed bug with empty item box in SS Libra
  • new totals of 107 Shadow Pokemon and 55 Shadow Moves

v1.0.1-2

- Fixed the animation for shadow room so pokemon like shadow gengar should no longer cause issues on Dolphin.

- I forgot to put in shadow beedrill and shadow carvanha in v1.0.1 so miror b. could never appear. He now appears once you've caught everything other than those two.

v1.0.1

More items

choice scarf, choice specs, pixie plate, focus sash, assault vest, life orb, eviolite (works with pokemon with gen 4 evolutions)

New items

• aura booster - powers a shadow pokemon's moves by 20%
  • aura filter - the wearer receives half damage from shadow moves
  • shadow armour - boosts the defense of a shadow pokemon by 50%

More abilities

no guard, magic bounce, sturdy, adaptability, multiscale, solar power, regenerator, snow warning, tough claws, sand force, bulletproof, fur coat,motor drive, storm drain, sap sipper, justified, skill link, download

New abilities

• pure heart - takes half damage from ghost, dark and shadow moves
  • amplifier - boosts the power of sound moves 33%

New moves

• psyshock, psystrike, feint, foul play, acrobatics, freeze dry, tailwind, trick room etc.
  • many new shadow moves (now 40+ in total)

Obtainable pokemon

• 25 pokemon per pokespot
  • new shadow pokemon (total 108)

types changes

• forretress and noctowl back to their original typings
  • misdreavus part fairy type

GFX

new title screen

New mechanics

• TMs can now be used infinitely!
  • hurricane 100% accurate in rain
  • rock types 50% spdef boost in sand
  • opponents shadow pokemon can enter rage mode
  • rage mode boosts shadow pokemon's moves by 20%
  • I was going to make shadow sky boost shadow moves by 50% but it turns out this was already in XD, just nobody knew about it!

Updated mechanics

• shadow sky, rage mode and rough skin damage from 1/16 to 1/8 of max hp
  • paralysis halves speed instead of quarter
  • weather abilities no longer infinite
  • the next pokemon is sent out at the end of the turn instead of as soon as the previous one faints
  • lightning rod is now immune to electric moves and gives a sp.atk boost
  • facade negates burn attack reduction
  • Most people don't know this but in XD, shadow pokemon get a 50% speed boost. This has now been taken out.

New features

battle bingo is back

General changes

• reverse mode renamed to rage mode
  • Chobin’s name was changed back
  • New Mt. Battle prizes
  • changed tutor moves and TMs

Known Bugs:

- New pokespot pokemon don’t have overworld models

- the move relearner says it costs 1000 coupons per move, it actually costs 5.

- sometimes when trying to teach a pokemon a tutor move it says its already learned. You can ignore this and it works fine

- battle bingo cards still use old images. (will be fixed in the next update)

- solar power doesn't hurt the user

- life orb activates on every hit of a multi hit move.

- snow warning uses drizzle's animation

- nasty plot activates justified

- you can't use Battle CDs (yet).

Notes:

Compatibility

Since a lot of things have been added/removed/replaced in XG it doesn't work as intended with save editors. It isn't 100% compatible with vanilla XD/GBA games.

Techincal Limitations

These aren't really bugs but more things that can't be perfected because the necessary mechanics weren't implemented in XD's engine.

- Moves like bulldoze, discharge only hit opponents

- Sucker punch is a regular priority move and isn't affected by your opponent's move choice

Pokemon Changes

Some pokemon have had their types and stats changed. There are a few minor stat buffs and new abilities to increase viability and more closely match gen 7 stats.

All the pokemon that gained the fairy typing in gen 6 will have the fairy type in XG. In addition, jumpluff is grass/fairy, jynx is ice/fairy, misdreavus is ghost/fairy and altaria is dragon/fairy just to increase the number of fairies in the game.

Similarly to add more dragon types, ampharos and sceptile (grovyle too) now have dragon as a secondary typing.

Realgam Tower

Battle sims in Realgam tower have been temporarily removed on purpose so if you talk to the NPC she will do nothing.

How to patch:

The UPS program Tsukuyomi is unable to patch the ISO. NUPS is apparently working though.

Apply the patch file to a clean Pokemon XD: Gale of darkness ISO using any UPS patcher. This patch was made for the NTSC (US) version so it will not work on other versions. The iso is quite large so it may take a few minutes.

Always patch onto a clean ISO, even if you are applying an update.

FAQs:

How complete is this hack?

It is essentially done. You can play through from start to end and everything that I want to implement has been implemented. The only thing left is to fix battle CDs. I release updates for minor bug fixes or changes based on feedback.

Why did/didn't you _____ ?

Some things just aren't possible right now or are too time consuming so some decisions may seem really weird but were the best I could do. I'm still working on the game though and I'm open to suggestions/feedback so over time things should improve :)

Why aren’t there more shadow pokemon?

Too many shadow pokemon would make the game a little tedious with all the time spent snagging pokemon that aren’t useful to the player just for the sake of having more shadow pokemon. It is possible to get up to 128 shadow pokemon relatively easily but I felt 108 was enough for now.

Why is/isn’t there a shadow ____ in this game?

The shadow pokemon were chosen very carefully since there are only a limited number available. There are currently 108 (original "XD" has 83) and 25 pokemon per pokespot so most pokemon are now available. Unfortunately not every pokemon made the cut but I think most people should be satisfied. 

Is it possible to add gen 4+ mons / fakemons?

GCN hacks are still really new and not many people even know they are possible yet so it will probably be a while before anything like that is possible. It's possible in theory, just nobody knows how to do it right now and the people who have the specialties required to figure something like that out haven't come forward yet.

I heard a team of people started working on reversing the model format for XD. Apparently it's really similar to the one used in super smash bros. melee so the potential exists.

Is it possible to make all shadow pokemon have dark skins like shadow lugia?

Not yet but maybe one day soon. It’s easy to do in theory, just requires some research on how the textures are stored in the model files.

yes but it isn't worth the effort.

Does this hack work on nintendon’t/dolphin?

Yes.

Is it possible to randomise Pokemon XD?

Coming soon ;)

Special Thanks

@Tux @psy_commando @Tiddlywinks @Made_s

Edited by StarsMmd
  • Like 4

Hellenic    10

Getting this error when trying to patch the file using tsukuyomi.

"To directly patch source file, a temporary file is being made.

Upon successful patching, the target file will be replaced with this.

Applying patch file 'D:\Pokemon hacks\xD\Pokemon XG v0.9b\Pokemon XG v0.9b.ups' ...

Reading file 'D:\Emulaattorit\Dolphin\Games\Pokemon xD - Gale of Darkness.iso' ...

Failed! File cannot be read.

Replacing output file with temporary file ...

Success!

"

After that, the patched file just disappears/gets removed. Any idea why this happens? Had no issues with your other ups files before like the randomizers. The only thing i can think of is that upgrading to windows 10 from 7 caused some compatibility issues which wouldn't be surprising at all knowing win 10 (i'm hoping that's not the case). If you have knowledge about this issue or if you can point me to the right direction i would appreciate that couse i've been waiting for this hack for so long.

EDIT: Okay seems like it's an issue with tsukuyomi itself not the files. Tried out NUPS instead and worked like a charm.

StarsMmd    39
Getting this error when trying to patch the file using tsukuyomi.

"To directly patch source file, a temporary file is being made.

Upon successful patching, the target file will be replaced with this.

Applying patch file 'D:\Pokemon hacks\xD\Pokemon XG v0.9b\Pokemon XG v0.9b.ups' ...

Reading file 'D:\Emulaattorit\Dolphin\Games\Pokemon xD - Gale of Darkness.iso' ...

Failed! File cannot be read.

Replacing output file with temporary file ...

Success!

"

After that, the patched file just disappears/gets removed. Any idea why this happens? Had no issues with your other ups files before like the randomizers. The only thing i can think of is that upgrading to windows 10 from 7 caused some compatibility issues which wouldn't be surprising at all knowing win 10 (i'm hoping that's not the case). If you have knowledge about this issue or if you can point me to the right direction i would appreciate that couse i've been waiting for this hack for so long.

EDIT: After trying out the old ups patches, they still patched properly so does this have something to do with the .iso file then?

someone else was complaining about the same thinng. Apparently using a different story patching software worked?

Hellenic    10

Yeah just tried out NUPS and worked like a charm :). Might wanna add a heads up to the patching instructions pointing out that tsukuyomi doesn't work for this particular file so people won't have these same issues.

GamingAori    11

can you upload a patch with the original battle bingo and battle sim? and do you know how to edit them? i think this would be cool. I'm really hyped for playing this i hope next week or in 2 weeks because my vwii isn't hacked at the moment.

StarsMmd    39
can you upload a patch with the original battle bingo and battle sim? and do you know how to edit them? i think this would be cool. I'm really hyped for playing this i hope next week or in 2 weeks because my vwii isn't hacked at the moment.

No I took them out on purpose because they're broken. A lot of moves have been removed or changed so the sims don't work anymore. Like moves having their base power reduced in line with gen 6 means that a move that was meant to OHKO in a battle sim might not OHKO anymore making them impossible to complete. Some of them had win conditions which required specific moves that are no longer in the game. This is even worse in battle bingo which only has one move per pokemon.

I know exactly how to edit them and have started working on them so don't worry they'll be great again. Plus it will be nice having new challenges to figure out from scratch. I'm interested to see what I can come up with using the new mechanics ;)

Yeah just tried out NUPS and worked like a charm :). Might wanna add a heads up to the patching instructions pointing out that tsukuyomi doesn't work for this particular file so people won't have these same issues.

Good idea, I'll add it to the main post and in the download notes for the next version.

XModxGodX    10

Hi I figured I'd talk about this hack through something other than twitter so I made an account here. Anyways I think you should lower the encounter rate on

the gen 2 legendary trio I got two poke spot notifications at once and one was Entei the other was Raikou.

Not complaining but that's a bit ridiculous. (unless I just got super lucky)

PizzaHutGuy    10

Hey man, just like yesterday I was like "I can't wait for this to come out" and it's up today! You're killing me man. Just a question before I play, which emulator do you recommend? I've tried using Dolphin before on other games but it seems pretty laggy to me, do you think nintendon't will be better? Also congrats on finishing this, you must be like one of the only people to make this happen :)

GamingAori    11

now i played already a hour on the dolphin emulator and is nice. i have 3 team member now and i catched 2 shadow pokemon.

PizzaHutGuy    10
now i played already a hour on the dolphin emulator and is nice. i have 3 team member now and i catched 2 shadow pokemon.

I'll give it a try, maybe it will work with this game.

StarsMmd    39
Hi I figured I'd talk about this hack through something other than twitter so I made an account here. Anyways I think you should lower the encounter rate on ... Not complaining but that's a bit ridiculous. (unless I just got super lucky)

They're actually only 10%. It took me a little while to get all 3 so I guess you just got really lucky!

I wanted to make them hard to catch without being impossible since the pokespot system can be time consuming so there are 3 factors involved. The encounter percentage, the steps required for them to eat a pokesnack and their catch rate.

I decided to increase their catch rates just a little because it would be a shame to finally find one and then run out of pokeballs. However I made them eat pokesnacks quite quickly (pokesnacks are also a lot more expensive now) and as I mentioned they only have a 10% chance of being encountered.

Hey man, just like yesterday I was like "I can't wait for this to come out" and it's up today! You're killing me man. Just a question before I play, which emulator do you recommend? I've tried using Dolphin before on other games but it seems pretty laggy to me, do you think nintendon't will be better? Also congrats on finishing this, you must be like one of the only people to make this happen :)

I hope you enjoy it. I would definitely choose nintendon't if you have a wii or wii u available. Dolphin might work okay if you have a really really good computer but probably won't be perfect still. Nintendon't runs flawlessly.

WaReV    10

I sent you a message a moment ago on the previous topic, then I'm back and your game is finally out and it's amazing :D ! But there is a problem, in PC, I press A, and I can't withdraw pokemon with it or open my team, I can open my team with Z (of the gamecube) but can't move pokemons :(.

Edited by WaReV

Jakeyyboy    10

I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but I believe Eevee's nature reflects the second Pokemon in your party as well for the starters. My Eevee's nature was Jolly and so was the 2nd Pokemon's.

StarsMmd    39
I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but I believe Eevee's nature reflects the second Pokemon in your party as well for the starters. My Eevee's nature was Jolly and so was the 2nd Pokemon's.

I'm pretty sure it was a coincidence. It hasn't happened to me in 2 play throughs. There is a 4% chance of this happening so while rare, it's not impossible. Compare this to around a 6% chance of getting a critical hit.

StarsMmd    39
I sent you a message a moment ago on the previous topic, then I'm back and your game is finally out and it's amazing :D ! But there is a problem, in PC, I press A, and I can't withdraw pokemon with it or open my team, I can open my team with Z (of the gamecube) but can't move pokemons :(.

You probably pressed x or y by accident. When you press x/y the selection circle turns yellow and then you can move the pokemon quickly without the menu. It's just how the game is programmed.

I can't give Flareon or Beldum nicknames for some reason.

Hmm, I edited the script so that any pokemon can be renamed regardless of original trainer. I must have made a slight error. It will be fixed in the next update which I'll aim to release tomorrow with a few other bug fixes.

WaReV    10

Thanks for the answer, I just couldn't press A, it did nothing, my Z key was assigned to the A button (Gamecube) and R button (Gamecube), so it didn't worked properly, but I solved it :]. But it could help new people in Pokemon xD to learn about the yellow circle ;)

StarsMmd    39
Thanks for the answer, I just couldn't press A, it did nothing, my Z key was assigned to the A button (Gamecube) and R button (Gamecube), so it didn't worked properly, but I solved it :]. But it could help new people in Pokemon xD to learn about the yellow circle ;)

Ah I see! xD well I'm glad you managed to sort it out :)

Jakeyyboy    10
Ah I see! xD well I'm glad you managed to sort it out :)

What you did with a certain someone was funny as all hell. The nicknames were perfect for them. You have done nothing short of a fantastic job with the game so far!

StarsMmd    39
What you did with a certain someone was funny as all hell. The nicknames were perfect for them. You have done nothing short of a fantastic job with the game so far!

Thanks for the kind words! I have more ideas for future versions in terms of the general story and characters.

PizzaHutGuy    10

I've started playing for a little while now, everything seems to be working fine! I'm in Gateon Port and got to watch the Zeke battle vs the guy in blue, and the guy in blue lost LOOL is that supposed to happen?

EDIT: Also, are shadow pokemon stronger? I feel as if I don't do much damage to them while they are wrecking me hardcore, either that or I'm just a pansy.

Edited by PizzaHutGuy

Jakeyyboy    10
I've started playing for a little while now, everything seems to be working fine! I'm in Gateon Port and got to watch the Zeke battle vs the guy in blue, and the guy in blue lost LOOL is that supposed to happen?

EDIT: Also, are shadow pokemon stronger? I feel as if I don't do much damage to them while they are wrecking me hardcore, either that or I'm just a pansy.

Blue guy won for me. Maybe it's a chance? I actually have no idea since that never could happen. Also, they're more on par with your Pokemon levels and some moves were changed/amped up so that might be it as well.

GamingAori    11

for people who don't have a really strong pc use the Ishiiruka Dolphin build, the build runs faster then the original one. and i found a bug

a47456-1465021844.png

a lot of TMs have the problem.

Edited by GamingAori

PizzaHutGuy    10
Blue guy won for me. Maybe it's a chance? I actually have no idea since that never could happen. Also, they're more on par with your Pokemon levels and some moves were changed/amped up so that might be it as well.

On my game the Zangoose lived like at 1 hp and got a crit on the blue guy lmao, and idk i just feel like they do way more dmg, at the cipher power rangers this shadow fire pokemon (no spoilers) shadow rushed crit my shadow electric pokemon for half hp, and they were the same level lol, I don't know maybe they're not stronger and its all in my mind.

GamingAori    11
On my game the Zangoose lived like at 1 hp and got a crit on the blue guy lmao, and idk i just feel like they do way more dmg, at the cipher power rangers this shadow fire pokemon (no spoilers) shadow rushed crit my shadow electric pokemon for half hp, and they were the same level lol, I don't know maybe they're not stronger and its all in my mind.

yeah i think too the shadow pokemon are stronger. the pokemon from the purple guy is really awesome.