Pokemon XG: NeXt Gen

I can.t beat the Healing Status Problem/Pokemon types and move types/ Pokemon type matchup

1, i cured burned of magikarp but the Paras keep using Fire Charge even after i cured Sleep/Paralized and reckt me. and magikarp only move is Wood Hammer
I Think u are suppose to cure the burn then have magikarp use wood hammer to tigger Paras ability to lowe the Evasion on magikarp, but even if i get hit or not by status moves i keep using Fire charge after it uses Sleep power and Stun power in the order, i don.t know if this is rigged or buged, the AI over is defently improved, good job on that one.

2. i can.t seem to take down the Makuhita and i tried to use quick attack and tunderbolt to either take it right out or Paralize it but Raw Stab or Paralzed does,t help that much as it survie barley after 2 quick attack and i don.t wanna wait for a crit or Paralze check to win me this, 

3. The golden is rather... proly thoght out, i still think it is great with the combo the Magimite even tho it has tundershock, it can.t use it on the goldeen seen it has Lighting rod and Tangla has Regenrator so it is really cool the u have to switch in and out in order to heal it up then send it out again.... but Regerator doesn.t heal enough , like swich it out heal it 11 hp but the goldeen deal 10-11 dm with Shadow power trip so it gets kinda negated and drain punch heal it yes.. but not enough to take on the sandhrew i could.t keep both Magnimite and Tangla alive at the same time and this is rather anoying but this i a good 

i say u can.t count on everything for the battle sim when it comes to the different fights for each players 
Like crit can happend/ u miss or hit too the is cool.... 
but when it just... seem it can.t win without crit or... the Ai messes up which they hardly do.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Nidas said:

Hi, I see two downloadable versions for the ROM, which is the more updated version?

Actually, the 1.2.1-3 patch file seems to be corrupt, as stated by NUPS when I try to apply the patch to a clean XD iso. Is there any reason for this? Because the 1.1.8 patch has no issues with the same conditions.

• 4 weeks later...

I think what this game really needs, if it ever gets updated, is a NPC that can change natures and help with EV training. I don't know if IVs would be needed since the Pokemon in this game with Hidden Power seem to have their IVs fixed to have a certain Hidden Power type, like Magnemite with HP Fire or Electrike with HP Ice, but we do need a way to change Natures and EVs, especially for the Shadow Pokemon since your only way to get a good nature is by soft resetting, which can be a really painful process starting in the midgame when there's multiple Shadow Pokemon per trainer. Have the NPC be in Agate Village, that's where I'd put it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hey! Im a n00b to this site, and forums in general, trying to download this rom hack and cant seem to figure out how, where I thought I could download the Rom isn't working, I feel like it's something super simple that I'm missing any assistance? 

Edited by TrainerLyriQ

On 6/3/2016 at 6:33 PM, WaReV said:

Hey, does anyone know how to finish setting it up? I got the download and I have the conifgurations it suggested on the site ready. Its just..Where do I put the file? Do I put it in the same folder as my other games? And what other things should I do? Maybe a guide would be better..

I’m trying to download the patch and apply it. And I have nKit. But I don’t know how to use it or to apply the patch.

The patch itself has two files: a folder with the Documentation and a file labeled Pokemon XG v1.2.1.ups. What should I do next with the files?

Hey all, hopefully this has not been asked but I looked awhile and tried using google to find out how but I haven't had much luck.  I am trying to edit the XG patch file to change the starter zigzagoon to a mareep.  What is used to open and edit the patch?  I tried changing the json values in the documentation files but that did not work (I changed both the readable and the non readable).  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, I'm having trouble playing your game. I extracted the files from the zip folder using winRAR, and then I try running the simulation using dolphin, but it doesn't work. I try running the .ups file that is extracted. Can somebody help you out? It my first-time playing a GameCube game on my pc.

So I made an account JUST to post here. I've tried numerous times to download this file, but the file always appears to be corrupt in some manner! Am I doing something wrong, or is this file just broken now? I've tried downloading it 5 times now with no luck.

21 hours ago, SqueakyNote said:

So I made an account JUST to post here. I've tried numerous times to download this file, but the file always appears to be corrupt in some manner! Am I doing something wrong, or is this file just broken now? I've tried downloading it 5 times now with no luck.

Hey there I've had a few people have this issue all of a sudden the last few days. I've reuploaded the patch to the same download link and I think it should be working again now. Try downloading it again and you should be able to extract it from the .zip file. 

A quick reminder that I won't be following this thread anymore but I can be reached for support in my discord server for Gamecube and Wii Pokemon game ROM hacking: https://discord.gg/xCPjjnv

Also a reminder for those asking how to use the patch that patching instructions are in the original post. I've moved the instructions right under the download link now so hopefully they're easier to see.

For some reason when I try to patch the ISO (which I grabbed from the "Processed" folder) it tells me that the patch is corrupt. I'm on windows using NUPS and I've tried my best to follow all directions so I'm not sure what's wrong.

On 6/19/2022 at 5:04 AM, Brandope said:

Here's this image from NUPS

16556404646546094075782714164993.jpg

I'm having this same issue. Any help would be appreciated!

It was a problem with v1.2.1-3.

v1.1.8-3 patched successfully

Edited by Fauxami

On 6/24/2022 at 6:22 AM, Fauxami said:

I'm having this same issue. Any help would be appreciated!

It was a problem with v1.2.1-3.

v1.1.8-3 patched successfully

How do you get that ISO file of Pokemon XD??