PPSE: Can you add feature ______? - POST HERE

Sabresite

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pokedex is stored in the RAM the exact same way as it is in the save. The current blocks in the save are loaded as-is into a certain location in the RAM, so by knowing the save location and applying some simple arithmetic, we can make AR codes for anything related to the save file without having to hunt for each individual thing.

That being said, much of the information in the Pokedex is stored as bit fields. If you don't know what that means, basically, it would be very difficult (read: almost impossible) to modify individual entries with AR codes. The benefit of AR codes being as simple as they are is that it's easy to learn how to understand them. The curse is that there's limits on how powerful they are.

As an analogy, take a piece of paper, and without creasing it, using anything sharp, or ripping one of the edges, try tearing a hole out of the center.

I could do this using an ASM hack, but the code for even just one entry would be pretty decently sized. If you want to modify a dozen at a time, it'd be huge.

The best I can reasonably do is instead of one giant batch, I have separate options for Seen, Caught, Genders, each of the Special Forms, Languages, and the Dex Flags. It'd be easy to generate the code for each separately and mush it all together into one big code.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, about add a feature for Platinum PPSE to be able the edit the win streak of the battle facilities in the Battle Frontier. As far as I know, Pokesav can only be used to edit the Battle Tower Win Streak (no other battle facilities) while PPSE doesn't have that function yet. So it would be a nice idea to be able to modify the other facilities as well...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Didn't see anything in the rules about bumping threads/stickied threads, but I really need to ask this question now that it's popped into my head:

When using the "Original Name" function, will the original name revert to the original name that corresponds with the language for the Pokémon?

For example, my Alakazam nicknamed Spoony ( xD ), when using the original name function, will go back to the following:

(ENG Alakazam) ALAKAZAM

(JAP Alakazam) フ-ディン

etc?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. As mentioned a few posts above, it would be great if ppse is hgss compatible.

Another feature that would be nice is if you can add a major event checklist (if I am not mistaken this was also already mentioned and is already part of the to-do list). Just to clarify, it would be nice to be able to 'legitimately' obtain the other kanto and hoenn starters by redoing the battle with Red and talking to Prof Oak and Steven again.

In this link there are the sav files:

-before the battle with Red

-after defeating Red

-Right before choosing the Kanto starters

-AFTER choosing Bulbasaur

-AFTER choosing Charmander

-AFTER choosing Squirtle

-Before Steven asks you to choose your Hoenn starters

-AFTER choosing Treeko

-AFTER choosing Torchic

-AFTER choosing Mudkip

http://rapidshare.com/files/394437755/hgsav.rar

I hope I did not break any rules by posting this link.

Good luck on the PPSE project. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...