TwistedFatal Black and White Toolbox

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says, unable to read beyond the end of the stream. in one window that pops up.

Then, in the next one, it says: Conversion from string H to type Short is not valid

and then in the details part it says:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "&H" to type 'Short' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(String Value)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at WindowsApplication1.Form1.kanto_SelectedIndexChanged_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

WindowsApplication1

Also please note that this happened when I tried to load one I edited in Hex from my ROM, not the files included in the download. Is it because the pokemon has to know 22 Attacks for it work?

yes their has to be 22 attacks in the file available for editing also Conversion from string H to type Short is not valid <-- this is related to the first problem you will get this if either A.(you clicked on -no pokemon-) or B. (the file does not have 22 available attacks to edit) so basically in the moveset files their should be 88 bytes followed by ffff ffff

also note that the pokemon doesnt have to know 22 attacks but their has to be 22 attacks worth of bytes so basicaly you can give a poke any amount of moves then the rest of the attacks you put as zeros

just remember that the layout is level then attack 6400 is max for level (100) and max for attack is 2f02 (fusion bolt)

if any level or attack looks higher then this then change to 0000 or Manuely change to their correct value

or copy this into the file via hex

00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000FFFFFFFF

save then try edit

Edited by twistedfatal
more

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

at WindowsApplication1.Form1.kanto_SelectedIndexChanged_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.237 (RTMGDR.030319-2300)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

WindowsApplication1

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/SAXMAN/Desktop/5th%20gen%20Moveset%20Editor/Pokemon%205th%20Gen%20Moveset%20Editor.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.236 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.235 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

There ya go. It was an Arithmetic Operation resulted in an overflow.

• 4 weeks later...

So the stat editor was working fine regardless of most mods that I was making on my rom, until I replaced Clamperl's in-battle sprite with Lugia's. Everything within the game is fine, but now the stat editor is not working. All my other mods were sprite related as well, but didn't cause any problems. Any idea what this could mean?

Folder I was working with was a/0/0/4, not sure why this would affect the stats editor.

• 4 weeks later...

Could you make a moveset folder with clean moves for the moveset editor, if its not much to ask? cuz really i think most people in here would appreciate that a lot, and thanks for all of your tools so far they have been very useful.

Edited by wyndamn

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Could you repair Moveset editor? It doesn't work good, because some pokemons (eg. Wingull, Swellow) have errors, so I can'e edit them ;/

You can make all the edits you want with the program, then manually edit the error ones in a hex editor. Or just do them all in hex like I did at one point, to ensure there'll be no errors.

• 3 weeks later...

So I am a complete newbie to everything hacking~

Now I have been successful in using almost all of these amazing tools except the moveset editor. I watched the tutorial video and read the README several times but to no avail...

Here's what I do: I start the program, locate the file labeled "moveset" and then I edit Tepig. I change his level 7 move to flamethrower (instead of ember). I save List 1.

Now my problem is "Replace File." Once I click that button in the top left of the program, I can't follow the tutorial video. In his youtube tutorial, an "8.narc" file appears and he clicks it. No such thing is on my computer...i think... and thus I cannot proceed with my editing...what do I do?

any help is much appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Now I have been successful in using almost all of these amazing tools except the moveset editor. I watched the tutorial video and read the README several times but to no avail...

Here's what I do: I start the program, locate the file labeled "moveset" and then I edit Tepig. I change his level 7 move to flamethrower (instead of ember). I save List 1.

Now my problem is "Replace File." Once I click that button in the top left of the program, I can't follow the tutorial video. In his youtube tutorial, an "8.narc" file appears and he clicks it. No such thing is on my computer...i think... and thus I cannot proceed with my editing...what do I do?

I'm pretty much having the same problem as you. Total Hacking Newbie. All of the tools have been working fantastically. I can follow the directions perfectly, until I get to the part that accesses the .narc file. I don't have a 8.narc file I can access in the folder. Where is the 8.narc file? Where can I get it? And if I get it, where do I put it? How do I know if I have the right .narc file? I can get everything else fine. Except that .narc file. I looked up how to get .narc files. But the ones I've been looking for don't work (Tahaxan, no bgd.dll and I don't trust the download sites enough to risk a virus on my computer) or simply can't find (Nitro Explorer site is off).

I hit a brick wall and I wind up with an Assembly Error in the program.

EDIT: I'm editing a rom that was already hacked. It's Drayano's VoltWhite rom hack (Version 3.1). Is that part of the problem I'm having?

You must repack them into narc files, just using kiwi.ds or puyo puyo tools or tools is for create or repack narc files~

Hi, I saw you canceled your Attack Editor and I was wondering, since you probably have some knowledge in the attack editing scene, how would I be able to copy U-Turn/Volt Switch's effect onto other moves, if that's even possible? I used the OxAttack 1.6 tool to try it by making Splash and Teleport Water and Psychic versions, but all they do is deal damage, they don't let you switch. I also tried to make Quash a Dark Type version of Dragon Tail, and it doesn't do the same thing either, only deal damage. If it's not possible, then okay, but if it is possible, how would I be able to do this?

If you're not sure, either, then that's fine. I just thought maybe you would possibly know.

• 2 months later...

I'm with a problem. I edited and follow all the steps at the first time it works, but when I tried at the second time to import the file in crystaltile a message appears: The file is too small, then appears a new adress in the box and the adress change. Now my Rom don't change anymore the moveset it don't works. How Can I solve this problem? I'll bring more details before if nedeed. Sorry my english is too poor...

It's that happens when I import the narc in the file a/0/1/8. Then I edit, the size of the narc file grow up, it's crazy i don't understand why it's happening!!

The original size of narc file is: 46 KB but after edited it's 47 KB

RAAAAL6N_EG4TSviVRH2jlCw82vehuBYu-gqsWu66fCaGa1rIGyUP7kVVWl1PVz8v_DDo-SIbUcK12f2HSbLDmjhXFJ_DTdhhUy3eRxyG3eJ5reUAJtU9VD-_j9xQOCmqCB-XLBwugJu8Vyw8A.jpg

Edited by Kyo