TwistedFatal Black and White Toolbox

well specifically i tried editing lilligant. i changed teeter dance to level 30, quiver dance to 35, petal dance to 46, and added stored power at 51. when i saved and look in the hex editor the places where the hex for 30, 35, 46, and 51 should be are all FFs. i just change them to the right hex values and that fixes the problem. a while back i also tried with shiftry where i gave him hurricane at level 36, between his original leaf tornado (lvl 19) and leaf storm (lvl 49). the hex sheet shows that the level 36 and even the 49 values turned into FFs. maybe its just me -___-

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just tried what u did and it works perfectly fine on mine. when you change the level are you selecting it in the drop down box ?

now that you mention it......dang i cant believe i didn't catch that. i always just type the number. i should have known since it is the same with move names. it turned out it really was just me >___< your tool was great from the start.

oh and here is a quick fix for the lickilicky problem. just copy any moveset file of a different pokemon and rename it to match the number corresponding to lickilicky. replace the old file and use the moveset editor to redo all of its moves. or you can use a hex editor but i think this is easier.

Edited by FatefulEncounter

in the moveset editor you should see a label that says loaded file next to that you should see the loaded file (if you have windows 7 and you have aero themes on the writting will be black its recommended to turn this of to see the program properly) also you only replace a/0/1/8 in crystal tile if you try to replace using nitro explorer the game will crash. crystal tile automagicaly repoints the moveset.

Sorry I still don't understand... I haven't got to the part where I have to use CrystalTile. I have Windows XP. I see Loaded File written in green next to alternate forms, but nothing happens if I click it... The problem is that I don't know what do I have to do with PPNFR after saving the list.

ok the moveset editor doesnt seem to like me is there any way you can get it to work from a rom and or already edited movesets? (sorry if I am bothering you)

open a/0/1/8 using kiwi.ds (u can get this from kazo tools its named editor their) then dump the files inside that narc then u will need a hex editor and u will need to give every 1 of them 667 files 22 attacks thats the only way u will be able to use the tool with your modified movepools. the reason it doesnt edit the rom is because the game will crash and editing the files inside the narc is basicaly the same as editing the narc itself also what exact problems are you getting with the tool

Sorry I still don't understand... I haven't got to the part where I have to use CrystalTile. I have Windows XP. I see Loaded File written in green next to alternate forms, but nothing happens if I click it... The problem is that I don't know what do I have to do with PPNFR after saving the list.

the green loaded file is just a label. next to that is the actual loaded file which will probably be black writing but all of the files are based of the national dex order of the pokemon check http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/ and you will see the number for the poke. with ppnfr you click on load narc u then locate a/0/1/8 then you click on the drop down box and look for the file that matches the file you have just edited so say u was trying to edit mewtwo you would look for file 150 in ppnfr then click on that file then click replace file and then go to the place where you put the moveset folder then in the moveset folder locate moveset_150 and click on that then ur done (u will not get any notifaction that the file has been replaced but believe me it has been replaced) then u can move onto crystaltile then check my 1st post if u dont know what to do from there hope this helps as i cant think of a better way of describing the process

Ok, thanks, but, there is something I am missing. I am posting here step by step what I do with images, so that you can point the error I make.

1. I open nitroexplorer and extract a018. I save it as a018.narc:

74135992.jpg

43916961.jpg

2. I open Moveset editor and load the folder Moveset:

87969755.jpg

84724504.jpg

3. I edit Cinccino and Save list 1:

76515739.jpg

68580351.jpg

4. I open PPNFR, and load a018.narc, then I click replace file and go to moveset 573 (Cinccino):

12734059.jpg

29354948.jpg

14655838.jpg

70891868.jpg

5. An error occurs:

62842171.jpg

@serperior: you just missing, on PPNFR, open narc file, don't click replace file if you not set what file to replace with you new file, click on dropbox list, and select same number as you new file .... like moveset 573, so you must click on dropbox list into "file 573" ... after you found that you can click replace file, is really easy, xD

snag0015.png

@serperior: you just missing, on PPNFR, open narc file, don't click replace file if you not set what file to replace with you new file, click on dropbox list, and select same number as you new file .... like moveset 573, so you must click on dropbox list into "file 573" ... after you found that you can click replace file, is really easy, xD

snag0015.png

Ok, that's it!, How did I miss that!? Thank you very much, now I can work much better in my hack!

Okay, just asking, would it be possible to edit a file which doesn't already have edited movesets by editing a specific file included in the download, and then inserting it into the already edited unpacked Narc, then repacking the narc?

yeah ... yes (you can test by yourself, and don't forget create backup if is something weird glitch move..)

You've got some movepools wrong. Some movepools are from pokemon Blaze Black & Volt White so the movesets are wrong. i'm trying to edit samurott and it came up with the Pokemon Blaze Black & Volt White movepool instead of the normal movepool.

Crap, just got an arithmetic error for moveset editor. When I clicked on Ralts, after editing Wormadam (all three), Gallade and Gardevoir.

************** Exception Text **************

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToShort(String Value)

at WindowsApplication1.Form1.kanto_SelectedIndexChanged_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Just checked again... Yeah, can't click on Ralts without crashing the program, now.

edit: Replacing all the moveset files with the originals still has it crashing on Ralts. Replacing moveset_280 with a different one (from another rom), but keeping all the other files the same as twisted's defaults, still crashes the program when you get to Ralts.

Other pokemon that crash the program:

Nosepass

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '16928' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.

Parameter name: SelectedIndex

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)

at WindowsApplication1.Form1.kanto_SelectedIndexChanged_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Skitty

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '16928' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.

Sableye

Grotle

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.

Lickilicky

System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from string "&H" to type 'Short' is not valid. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ParseDouble(String Value, NumberFormatInfo NumberFormat)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

You've got some movepools wrong. Some movepools are from pokemon Blaze Black & Volt White so the movesets are wrong. i'm trying to edit samurott and it came up with the Pokemon Blaze Black & Volt White movepool instead of the normal movepool.

ye i did dump the files from volt white but i didnt think this would be a problem since ur gonna be editing the game anyways. but you can dump em from the original rom if you would like to just remeber to give all pokes 22 attacks in hex

when you will launch the attack editor?

im no longer making this tool since oxnite is already making 1 so theirs no need for 2 but i may continue it 1 day

Crap, just got an arithmetic error for moveset editor. When I clicked on Ralts, after editing Wormadam (all three), Gallade and Gardevoir.

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow

Just checked again... Yeah, can't click on Ralts without crashing the program, now.

edit: Replacing all the moveset files with the originals still has it crashing on Ralts. Replacing moveset_280 with a different one (from another rom), but keeping all the other files the same as twisted's defaults, still crashes the program when you get to Ralts.

Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow <-- Make sure you are selecting both the level and the attacks in the drop down box

(you cant just type in the box)

ye its doing the same crap again to fix this you will need a hex editor open the file and replace all bytes with 0s again i dont know why this does this

but thats all you need to do to fix this

in hex the bytes will be attack = 2 bytes then level = 2 bytes (00 = 1 byte) in level the byte can only go upto 64

the second byte should always be 00

Edited by twistedfatal
ye