TwistedFatal Black and White Toolbox

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with a problem. I edited and follow all the steps at the first time it works, but when I tried at the second time to import the file in crystaltile a message appears: The file is too small, then appears a new adress in the box and the adress change. Now my Rom don't change anymore the moveset it don't works. How Can I solve this problem? I'll bring more details before if nedeed. Sorry my english is too poor...

Try replacing the file using nitro explorer

how do we use this with black and white 2? could you update it to work with them? pleease, i really want to make my sceptile a dragon type

i will update it when the full english game comes out (3 months) from time of writing.

3 months? really? that long? well i could wait cuz i am gonna play it again when it comes in english,ahh, but i really want to just walk around with a dragon sceptile.. do you know of any quick way to hack this and modify that one stat? srry if i'm pestering you, i'm really grateful for this tool, i used it for the last game, great help, got me my dragon sceptile, had fun with that and i just really, really want to play with it on this game as well lol

• 1 month later...

Hey pal, thanks for your hard work! I have a few questions for you;

Since I'm using a modded game (I'm assuming this is the problem) when I select "open rom" and then click on Totodile, I'm prompted with the following error;

:bidoof::bidoof::bidoof::bidoof::bidoof::bidoof: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue blah blah blah..

InvalidArgument=Value of '226' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.

parameter name: SelectedIndex.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '226' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.

Parameter name: SelectedIndex

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)

at WindowsApplication1.Form1.List1_SelectedIndexChanged_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ListBox.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 (RTMGDR.030319-2600)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

pkmn Black And white Stats Editor

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Bryse/Desktop/Editor/pkmn%20Black%20And%20white%20Stats%20Editor.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic

Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.269 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.278 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.282 built by: RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box. :bidoof::bidoof::bidoof::bidoof::bidoof::bidoof:

Soooooo I thought.. "well, I'll just open my file as a .narc".. Which folder am I supposed to extract and use? I tried a/1/2/4 because thats supposed to be "pokemon moves and types".... That didn't work either, I can post the error if you'd like.. So how can I get this bad boy to work? I'm missing something here obviously.. My goal is to change the type of Totodile and other poekemon.

Thanks for help anyone can offer ^_^

You'd have to be very careful. You can't just import BW1's level-up moves narc over to BW2 because of the new forms and Pokewood files at the end. Horrible errors could happen.

What you'd need to do is just make the changes you want to the Pokemon you want and then insert each individual pokemon back into the narc one-by-one. So, basically, hex editing is the best method by far. It's very time consuming but there is little chance for any game-breaking errors as long as you A) know how to read & convert hexidecimal to decimal and back, and B) don't try to give Pokemon more than 22 attacks.

About the 22 attacks thing, I have a feeling that was a false report. I'm fairly sure I had Steelix with 23 in my Blaze Black / Volt White hack and there were no issues...

The files for BW and B2W2 match for anything numbered between 1 to 649 also, so a file insertion tactic would work. That said, watch out for the numerous changes B2W2 made to a lot of Pokémon! You might reverse them by accident, and nobody wants their Marill's Aqua Tail to return to 40 odd ;-;

3 months? really? that long? well i could wait cuz i am gonna play it again when it comes in english,ahh, but i really want to just walk around with a dragon sceptile.. do you know of any quick way to hack this and modify that one stat? srry if i'm pestering you, i'm really grateful for this tool, i used it for the last game, great help, got me my dragon sceptile, had fun with that and i just really, really want to play with it on this game as well lol

sorry for the late reply but if your still wanting to turn your sceptile into dragon/grass what you will need is a hex editor once you have it go to "186001170" if done correctly you will notice their is 2 "0b" change the first "0b" to "0f" if done correctly your sceptile will be Dragon Grass

-------------------------------

4655417869550B0B <--- This Is What You Will See

4655417869550f0B <--- This Is What You Should Have

------------------------------

Note: The Ones In Bold Is Pokemon Types The Numbers Before That Is Pokemon Stats

it happens if you click on the wrong save button. im guessing you clicked on arbok and pressed the save list 2 button what happens is when you click on a pokemon in a list it tells the program where to save data if you press the wrong save button it will save the data from the other list to the pokemon you have selected. Notice how arbok is the 24th pokemon on list 1 and zoroark is the 24th pokemon on list 2

in other words if you click on bulbasaur and click on save list 2 then petilil data will overwrite bulbasaurs data

it happens if you click on the wrong save button. im guessing you clicked on arbok and pressed the save list 2 button what happens is when you click on a pokemon in a list it tells the program where to save data if you press the wrong save button it will save the data from the other list to the pokemon you have selected. Notice how arbok is the 24th pokemon on list 1 and zoroark is the 24th pokemon on list 2

in other words if you click on bulbasaur and click on save list 2 then petilil data will overwrite bulbasaurs data

Thank you. Your answer is clear and told me just what I wanted to know. In fact, I'm always messing up when clicking xD I'll pay more attention.

I also have a problem on the 0xattack editor. I extracted the a021 narc, I did my modification with the program and when I save, if gives me the same error message that many people send over the pages.

When I edit the moveset with a018 and do as you did in your video on gbatemp, if I only replace one file on PPNFR every other pkmn have struggle and then I have to replace every file for them to attack normally. Is it normal or just me?

@Bowser_Guy Try Nitro Explorer . And Thats Not Normal replacing 1 file shouldnt effect all pokes. also i have lost all my projects so i cant recreate the error

@All Hi All Iv Possibly Created The First Tool For Pokemon black And White Version 2.. I Present Today My Pokemon Black And White Version 2 Starter Editor.. Happy Modifying :D

Edited by twistedfatal
reply + introducing my 1st black and white v2 tool

Hi All This Time Round Im Just Going To Release all My Tools In 1 Main Project

Pros: Tools Should Have No Bugs Or Maybe A Few I Might Of Missed When Released, It Will Be More Convenient , When I Update Tools You Will only Need To Download 1 Tool Instead Of Loads Should I Update All Tools

Cons: You Will Have To Wait Considerably Longer

Check First Post Under tools In Progress To See What Tools Im Aiming To Make

Considering that there's always an attack editor out, wouldn't it be better to start on something else? Maybe the moveset editor or mart editor? Unless you're planning on adding support for B2/W2, which isn't even necessary since you can just use the B/W's attack narc file and insert in B2/W2.