Invader TAK

Gen 3 Event Generation Algorithm Research (10ANNIV, etc)

251 posts in this topic

Just now, Deoxyz said:

Luckily I can use actual hardware as well :D

It would just be nice if we knew a method where the 10ANNIV worked with an emulator just as well as everything else.

I can see the uses. Look at the people who managed to get emulators working with Colosseum's e-Reader functionality.

2 minutes ago, Invader TAK said:

I can see the uses. Look at the people who managed to get emulators working with Colosseum's e-Reader functionality.

That, and for those who actually play on emulators and/or don't have a GBA flashcart

Edited by Deoxyz
1 person likes this

7 minutes ago, pMD said:

Was the Aurora Ticket distribution rom ever released to the public?

Yes

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Deoxyz said:

I just tried VBALink 1.8, and almost every case when trying to link with the 10ANNIV, the first window just starts lagging so badly that it's unusable.

This happens to me as well. When i load the 10ANNIV distribution rom and pick the Pokemon i want to send, the first window will freeze, but when i open the Pokemon game in my second VBA Link window, the first window will work as it should be and the ''Waiting...'' message appears immediately.

1 hour ago, Deoxyz said:

However I do sometimes eventually get it to work without the lag and start multiboot mode, and right when it says it's transferring, it freezes the second window completely. I eventually got it to work once, but not again.

The second VBA Link window will freeze for me when the ''Transferring...'' message from the first window of VBA Link disappears (meaning you come to the selection screen). Then i close the first window and the second one will have no problems and it works like it should be (the ''You are receiving the Pokemon now. Please do not turn off the power.'' message appears right after i close the first window).

I dont know if there is a solution to all these ''problems'', but its working more or less (at least for me).

Edited by zeropain

Well, one thing's sure is that getting this to work in emulators isn't zeropain at all. :3

(get it, painless)

2 people like this

9 hours ago, pMD said:

Was the Aurora Ticket distribution rom ever released to the public?

If you're interested it's at the same sources as the 10ANNIV :^)

8 hours ago, zeropain said:

This happens to me as well. When i load the 10ANNIV distribution rom and pick the Pokemon i want to send, the first window will freeze, but when i open the Pokemon game in my second VBA Link window, the first window will work as it should be and the ''Waiting...'' message appears immediately.

The second VBA Link window will freeze for me when the ''Transferring...'' message from the first window of VBA Link disappears (meaning you come to the selection screen). Then i close the first window and the second one will have no problems and it works like it should be (the ''You are receiving the Pokemon now. Please do not turn off the power.'' message appears right after i close the first window).

I dont know if there is a solution to all these ''problems'', but its working more or less (at least for me).

I figured out that much. If you open the windows and roms in a proper sequence, it'll start to connect to transfer everytime. But no matter what, even if I close the first window after it says "Transferring", the second window remains permanently frozen. I have no idea how I got it to work that one time.

Edit: It looks that like after it goes back to the pokemon selection screen in the first window, if you select a pokemon again, it'll unfreeze the second window and will finish the transfer of your original selection successfully. Works every time. It's a little weird from the way it's supposed to work, but it does transfer in the end.

Edited by Deoxyz
1 person likes this

I t truly amazing for purchasing these carts. I'm truly thankful.

Is the shiny zigzagoon distro cart or others still available? Plz let me know which ones you are willing to sell that u still have. I would be interested. Even in the zigzagoon one.

Thanks.

Already shared this with Sabresite.
Yesterday I discovered another unknown 3rd Gen Event Pokemon Algorithm.
A special PID Type that is only used for the PCJP03 Shiny Pichu Eggs! 

1st rand() (Unknown)
2nd rand() (Unknown)
3rd rand() PID High (tid ^ sid ^ (rand() >> 0x10 for PID low)
4th rand() (Unknown - Used for Shiny PID?)
5th rand() (Or this one? Or both?)
6th rand() (IV1)
7th rand() (IV2)

It's still an unsolved puzzle but I can say that it looks a little bit like a hybrid between the rand()3 Algorithm + the BGF Zigzagoon's Algorithm.

Edited by ajxpk
1 person likes this

The only gas distro carts that have had their rooms dumped to the masses this far are:

10 ANNIE UK

AUTROR TICKET

I haven't seen any others for GBA.

@ozderya

RNG the distro itself? Probably, but not sure what you would get from it. 10 anniv cannot be shiny, and I don't even remember if there were good IVs in the spread.  Keep in mind the seed is very contrived, with only 65535 combinations.

Regarding PCJP2003 shiny pichu eggs, we have solved the PID/IVs.  Here is the algorithm, and keep in mind all results from rand() are 32bit.

seed = 0 -> 0xFFFF
randA() - unknown
randB() - unknown
pid = ((randC() >> 0x10) << 0x10)) | (randD() >> 0x10)
If force-shiny flag on (How this is determined we don't know)
shiny = (randE() >> 0x10) & 7
pid = (pid & 0xFFFF0000) | ((pidH ^ tid ^ sid) & ~0x7) | shiny)

IVs are generated normally on randF() and randG().

I think this is similar, if not exactly the same way as berry glitch zig, yet was released 8 months earlier.

3 people like this

1 minute ago, ozderya said:

To be honest, I don't care about to get them shiny. I care about nature and IVs

IVs won't matter once Bank gets updated for Sun and Moon thanks to Bottle Caps. You'd only need to worry about Natures.

1 person likes this

Just now, Invader TAK said:

IVs won't matter once Bank gets updated for Sun and Moon thanks to Bottle Caps. You'd only need to worry about Natures.

Are bottle caps a permanent increase to stats? I have those Colosseum E-reader mons and a 5IV shiny Feebas. It would be cool to make Feebas perfect and those Colo mons not suck. 

What about gen 3, 4, 5 and 6 though? Couldn't the 10th anniversary Pokemon be used as Battle Tower mons?

I was curious if the source rom of the unreleased Meteor Jirachi is known, or was that something else that was made to be kept secret?

That pokemon has been a bit of a curiosity of mine lately, since I always found unreleased events to be interesting.

5 minutes ago, ozderya said:

To be honest, I don't care about to get them shiny. I care about nature and IVs

You'd probably just have to keep receiving the same pokemon over and over until it gives you a spread you're fine with. Basically like SRing for good IVs for legendarys in games before they were guaranteed 3 31s. But if you don't plan to keep it in Gen 3, then like Invader Tak said, you don't necessarily need worry about IVs.

Edited by Deoxyz
1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

Are bottle caps a permanent increase to stats? I have those Colosseum E-reader mons and a 5IV shiny Feebas. It would be cool to make Feebas perfect and those Colo mons not suck. 

What about gen 3, 4, 5 and 6 though? Couldn't the 10th anniversary Pokemon be used as Battle Tower mons?

Yes, as long as they weren't banned Pokemon to begin with. So no Ho-Oh, Luigia, Celebi or Deoxys (there was a period in 2006 where it was given away at Space Center Houston).

Also, I believe Bottle Caps ARE a permanent increase to stats, but they leave the IVs alone. I assume it was done that way so you couldn't just Bottle Cap a Ditto and breed, and also for Hidden Power.

Edited by Invader TAK
1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, HaxAras said:

From what I understand, Bottle Caps don't change the actual IV values, it's just kind of like a cloak that makes them act as if they were maxed out. So for example, a maxed stat of 31 would still be 24, just not act as 24.

I can't really tell if transferring to PokeBank is going to reset this or not.

Edited by Deoxyz
1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Deoxyz said:

From what I understand, Bottle Caps don't change the actual IV values, it's just kind of like a cloak that makes them act as if they were maxed out. So for example, a maxed stat of 31 would still be 24, just not act as 24.

I can't really tell if transferring to PokeBank is going to reset this or not.

I get that part. But is it a temporary thing? If I trade it to another game or power down my game or whatever, would I have to use another cap later. Or is it a permanent addition to my Pokemon like Pokerus, a ribbon or a shiny crown?

Just now, HaxAras said:

I get that part. But is it a temporary thing? If I trade it to another game or power down my game or whatever, would I have to use another cap later. Or is it a permanent addition to my Pokemon like Pokerus, a ribbon or a shiny crown?

I think it's permanent. I should gen a Pokemon, then PKHeX some Bottle Caps in and test that.

I can't even remember which 10th anniversary Pokemon that rom gives out. Would any of them even be useful for the Battle Tower in Emerald? Maybe some of the other facilities. 

1 minute ago, HaxAras said:

I can't even remember which 10th anniversary Pokemon that rom gives out. Would any of them even be useful for the Battle Tower in Emerald? Maybe some of the other facilities. 

0TWUjF5.png

I think any of the non-banned pokemon, besides maybe Pikachu, would be good for the Battle Frontier

1 person likes this

48 minutes ago, Deoxyz said:

I was curious if the source rom of the unreleased Meteor Jirachi is known, or was that something else that was made to be kept secret?

That pokemon has been a bit of a curiosity of mine lately, since I always found unreleased events to be interesting.

Yeah, like they're not completely legit since they were never released, but they're not completely hacked either since Nintendo themselves made them.

GAMESTP Celebi was a really interesting one since it wasn't meant to be given out, but people got it legitimately anyway (if Nintendo considers changing the date on the distribution DSes as legitimate, lol.)

1 person likes this