Invader TAK

Gen 3 Event Generation Algorithm Research (10ANNIV, etc)

252 posts in this topic

Just now, Ammako said:

Yeah, like they're not completely legit since they were never released, but they're not completely hacked either since Nintendo themselves made them.

GAMESTP Celebi was a really interesting one since it wasn't meant to be given out, but people got it legitimately anyway (if Nintendo considers changing the date on the distribution DSes as legitimate, lol.)

There's also the AGATE Celebi and COLOS Pikachu. And probably the Colosseum E-reader mons. The door to the E-reader room is locked in the English games but if you can get in there, the Japanese E-reader and cards work with the North American games. 

1 person likes this

Also come to think of it, it's kinda like the distro cartridges. They're official stuff made by Nintendo at some point that we were never meant to be able to have, but managed to get at some point anyway. :P

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

On 12/31/2016 at 4:59 PM, Ammako said:

Yeah, like they're not completely legit since they were never released, but they're not completely hacked either since Nintendo themselves made them.

GAMESTP Celebi was a really interesting one since it wasn't meant to be given out, but people got it legitimately anyway (if Nintendo considers changing the date on the distribution DSes as legitimate, lol.)

I always figured it WAS meant to be given out, but Nintendo of America decided push up the start date for the Gen 4 Celebi event which meant they needed new carts.

Edited by Invader TAK
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

edit

Edited by Soniktts
8 people like this

@Soniktts

Wow, you actually happen to have all 10 European carts, just what we've needed to finish off a complete compilation of all DS distro roms on another website. I'm not sure if you're even willing to dump and share some of these roms, but it would seriously be greatly appreciated if you would. We can't actually upload or link roms on this site, which is why we're compiling these on another site, but we can discuss it in detail via private message if you're interested.

2 people like this

I second that please dump these. I could contribute all the US ones once they come n the mail but sounds like others will be able to sooner.

1 hour ago, Soniktts said:

I own all of these cartridges. 

Psal9tT.jpg

Can I be of any assistance for research? 

I also own the US Berry Glitch disc and AGETO bonus disc. 

What case is in ur photo? I have never seen a case like this that allows to hold so many carts. Amazing

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

@Soniktts

Wow, you actually happen to have all 10 European carts, just what we've needed to finish off a complete compilation of all DS distro roms on another website. I'm not sure if you're even willing to dump and share some of these roms, but it would seriously be greatly appreciated if you would. We can't actually upload or link roms on this site, which is why we're compiling these on another site, but we can discuss it in detail via private message if you're interested.

I don't currently have a method of dumping the ROMS but I may do this in the future. 

Some interesting notes about the Manaphy cartridge is that it is not date/time locked unlike every other Gen IV and V cartridge.

vBjN2qk.png

The event only ran for a few hours so it seems the developers saw no need to implement a date. You can set it today and it will distribute Manaphy endlessly where as if you were to use Darkrai (the event after it), it would need to be set to the distribution date presumably set in the RAM.

If there are any other questions for comparison purposes in this thread, let me know.  

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Thanks for the great offer @Soniktts.
Told this already to you via PM, I have keen interested in Distribution ROMs.
Sometimes hidden content can be found on them.

I have bad news regarding the PCJP03 Shiny Pichu Algorithm.
I did some more tests with other examples and the result when we used the BGF Algorithm matched only on 1(!) given example out of 5, which makes me think that it was maybe coincidence and something else or more complex than the BGF Zigzagoons Algorithm. In order to solve this I would need more of these Eggs for further research and I will try to gather them over the time, which is necessary in order to confirm what is legal regarding them, if we can't get the Algorithm right we are not able to confirm their legitimacy. Best for this research would be if I get these Pokemon also in unhatched versions, also for documenting their Trash Bytes, because these Trash Bytes are overwritten when they hatch which makes this research impossible to complete. 

In other words we need to do more research before this information can be used in terms legality analysis ect.
If someone who reads this wants to contribute to the research it would be very nice too. I know it's highly unlikely that I will ever get some, but PCJP03 Eggs from other sources would be really appreciated. Because the files I have received from Neoseeker I have always find a bit suspicious. 

Update:
@Sabresite solved it! The same method is being used for PCJP03 Shiny Pichu as for Berry Fix Zigzagoons.
There was an little error in our Algorithm. Now with the fixed Algorithm we get the correct results for both Shiny Pichus and Shiny Zigzagoons.

Edited by ajxpk

Soniktts u can get an r4 dirt cheap on console parts for like under 10 dollars and dump them

2 people like this

As an update to PCJP2003 eggs (Shiny Pichu) and what @ajxpk was talking about. I think we figured it out. It looks like shiny pichu uses a similar (if not the same) method as berry glitch.  I updated my last post that has the algorithm method on page 9.

2 people like this

Soniktts were do u get this shiny pichu egg from what event r u talking about

Posted (edited)

I think I read on post in beginning of the topic that someone had the 10 ANNIV rom 3 years ago? How come u didn't share with the world? And what's that jirachi undistributed that we sW1 earlier. From what cart is that on?

Edited by YoshiMoshi

4 minutes ago, YoshiMoshi said:

I think I read on post in beginning of the topic that someone had the 10 ANNIV rom 3 years ago? How come u didn't share with the world? And what's that jirachi undistributed that we sW1 earlier. From what cart is that on?

They were afraid bootlegs would get out. Of course, it doesn't matter now.

As for that Jirachi, I have no idea where it comes from. People have found multiboot distros hidden in plenty of other games (and distros).

@Bond697
One thing I don't have information about is the difference between PIkachu & Surfing Pikachu.  Is that taken care of on rand5? I know the standard function for pokemon construction can take a move as input, so is it rand1 and the PID/IVs after? Is it PID, IVs, Move, Item OTG?

Posted (edited)

@Sabresite if the Pikachu I have is legit. (4th Gen, Agility...)
It would be definitely rand5, because PID and IVs are generated as they normally should.
If possible I will try to get another one with Surf and still in Gen 3 just to be sure.
One thing I noticed on Bulbapedia (good source... I know, lol) is that the order of Moves of these Pikachus is different.
Which (if they listed the correct order) would speak rather for another ROM than a function of the generation process.

Netherless it still would be good to know from Bond what it would be in case if there's a decision between 2 optional Special Moves.
Because we are struggle with this question in the moment...
So, yeah... this is an important question.

Edited by ajxpk

I was curious about this and since this kinda turned into the event research thread for gen 3, maybe somebody will have an answer. I ended up getting an Ageto Celebi once that didn't have any moves. I was able to import it to gen 5 but had to teach it a move to get it into gen 6. I should still have it on Pokemon Box if anybody is interested in it. 

Please if someone could dump Ash's Pikachu I would be forever grateful

On 10/01/2017 at 2:56 AM, nydanii said:

Please if someone could dump Ash's Pikachu I would be forever grateful

We don't have the rom dumping here, but I think we actually host the wondercard

@ajxpk How is the pikachu surf going? If Moves are rand5, then item and otg are pushed back to rand 6 and 7? Can you verify?
Bond is moving so he won't be available for a bit.

@Sabresite  No there is nothing new about Pikachu with Surf and pretty questionable if I will get one at the moment.
It's kinda hard to get an overview what's actually there, but when I went through the Shops  I noticed that it seems that there is NO Pikachu with Surf still in Gen 3. The same goes for ROCKS Metang. And I'm not too interested in Gen 4 files, because the chance that they are hacked is more likely, so I would only go for those if there is no other cance and if it's necessary. 
I can't reach my most important contacts in the moment which is very unfortunate, last time I talked with them they were pretty busy.
At this moment PCJP03 Eggs (Most important right now) and 10 ANIV Party of the Decade (to confirm Trash Bytes) are on Top of my list of the files I would gather for research. But if there is something else important let me know and I will see what I can do.

Back to the research...
As I said earlier, I have this Pikachu with Agility. I don't know wether the Move would be on rand5 if it was determined by a rand.
Should have said it earlier but the Pikachu I have has OTG Female and this was definitely decided by rand5 just like other 10th Anniversary Event Pokemon. Which makes me believe that Journey Across America's Pikachu's Move was not determined by a rand. Except if it was on rand6 or rand7... I believe it's rather likely that it has its own ROM. Especially if Bulbapedia listed the order of Moves correctly, because I suppose the Special Move would be last Move. 

I think we should wait what Bond has to say about that. 

Edited by ajxpk

@ajxpk You won't have any surf pikachus in gen 4, cause HM's cannot be Pal Parked.

Let's look into rand6/rand7 because we know it doesn't have a variable item.

1 person likes this

Just now, Sabresite said:

@ajxpk You won't have any surf pikachus in gen 4, cause HM's cannot be Pal Parked.

Let's look into rand6/rand7 because we know it doesn't have a variable item.

Yeah, you're right. :D lol
Which explains why I can't find any Pikachu with Surf at all...
As a matter of fact, I didn't even knew that there was a Pikachu with Surf (Journey Across America) and even one with Fly (Party of the Decade) in the US until a while ago...
And I think I do know 3rd Gen Event Pokemon pretty well.

Wait I will send you a message... 

Are ROCKS Metang and the Festa Metang generated the same way? 

I also have Surf and Fly Pikachu in gen 3. I have 2 of each.