Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.05

Re: PPSE: Project Pokemon's Save Editor 0.05

I guess it could be because the sav file is 520kb but I don't know how to make it 512kb, and saving twice isn't working.

PMD Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherEvent ContributorModeratorSuper Moderator evandixon's Avatar
    An Aperture Science lab near Treasure Town
    Blog Entries

hello,
    I have a 'working' linux binary compiled for i686 on arch. the problem that I currently have with it, and the reason I have quotes arrount working, is that it is unable to open any save files with the error(on the cli): QFile::seek: IODevice is not open.

If you don't have time to fix this soon, don't let me know and I will look into it on thursday.

It is a Pl save and from a AceKard 2i

Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Great Wall

Just a heads up as I read on this thread that some people are having trouble using PPSE 0.5 in Windows Vista for some reason, I have used PPSE 0.5 and opened a save file without any crashing and I am using Vista 64bit (SP2).

What happened to this project? It hasn't been updated in forever, and I'd like to see HGSS save editing on here because editing with the latest version of Pokesav for HGSS doesn't help me that much, even when I use that Applocale thing with it (that doesn't work at all because of Japanese characters becoming question marks or not appearing at all after saving the changes to the sav file).
    I know (console) C++. In fact, I made a class that acts as a multi-dimensional array (it's static, but it can be passed to functions easily). (I am aware that Boost has has its own version of this, but I made mine anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by FLSHK View Post
    What happened to this project? It hasn't been updated in forever, and I'd like to see HGSS save editing on here because editing with the latest version of Pokesav for HGSS doesn't help me that much, even when I use that Applocale thing with it (that doesn't work at all because of Japanese characters becoming question marks or not appearing at all after saving the changes to the sav file).
    If there hasn't been an update in a while, it means they are probably working on it and trying to make it the best it can be. Do you want a buggy program fast or one that you have to wait for that is perfect?

Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Great Wall

I understand the need for time to program something, and I know something like this takes time, especially as it is coming out of someone's free time. Still, posting an update on how things are going shouldn't be too much to ask. I am not talking about doing it every day, but once a week maybe? Just to keep everyone in the loop.

MAy i ask when the edit pokemon feature will come for PPSE?

The Lazy Programmer Translation ContributorDeveloperGame Save ResearcherRAM ResearcherIRC HOP Chase-san's Avatar

I am trying to convince them to switch over to using the PokeLib library. Which is what I made and combined to run with PPSE-DS.

But to be honest I have not seen them in awhile.
    I do not get along with building GUI's, they bug me.

I refuse to know everything about pokemon, that would be really boring. -.-

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Rich Cook

Looks like development is "on-hold." Gone for a while and still no change. =/

Learning to breathe IRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherModerator codemonkey85's Avatar

Seeing as it's been a while since Jiggy-Ninja has updated this thread, I am going to lock it for the time being, so as to prevent it from straying into "so is it still dead?"-land. Jiggy, myself, or any other staff can unlock it if and when the time comes.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789