Pokemon Movie 21 Announced (in Japan)! Slated for July 2018

theSLAYER

A new official teaser for the upcoming Pokemon Movie has dropped in Japan!
    Presently, the full name of the movie has yet to be revealed.
    Initial short teasers typically don't reveal much, but a few notable details can been seen.

Teaser 1:

Observed details in the spoiler below:

Spoiler

1. Lugia silhouette in the water at the start of the video
    2. Ash wearing the Partner Cap from Movie 20 (but overall clothes look different)
    3. New female trainer to be introduced
    4. Using same winged logo as Movie 20
    5. Totally new artwork style
    6. Music reminiscent of the Lugia Movie theme at the end.

Do you think they are mixing up the formulas for the movie?
    Are you excited for the new look and feel, compared to Movie 20 and the Sun/Moon Anime?
    Tell us what do you think below!

Edited by theSLAYER

• Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Speculation time:

Spoiler

1. Like how the M20 showcased Ho-Oh and Marshadow, this Movie will Showcase Lugia and Zeraora.

2. It's possible they'll also reveal a Pokemon from the next generation, as done previously in a ton of movies, at the end of the respective generations.

Link to comment
    8 minutes ago, TheObserverYouAlwaysWanted said:

the collar of his shirt/jacket kinda resembles  the  flag of spain

That is true, but I'm pretty sure that isn't the point.

Link to comment

Seems like you're not the only ones who think Ash looks girly.

Spoiler

The first thing i saw when i entered Facebook this morning was this edit:
    image.png.e54d33e23c04ed8995f90cf29629fda0.png
    And I've kept seeing it during the whole day, along with some trap-lover memes.
    (Traps are gay, get over it)

• Like 1

Link to comment

I don't like traps at all (I'm okay-ish)

image.png

but I woulnd't mind falling for that trap

oh por dios que me esta pasando?? TENGO MIEDO!!!

Edited by JISN[064]

Link to comment
    46 minutes ago, JISN[064] said:

I don't like traps at all (I'm okay-ish)

Er...

46 minutes ago, JISN[064] said:

but I woulnd't mind falling for that trap

Then you still like'em somewhat.

46 minutes ago, JISN[064] said:

oh por dios que me esta pasando??

Te estás volviendo gay, wey (?)
    Nothing wrong with that, as long as you recognize liking traps and being straight are incompatible, regardless of your own gender

Edited by Ruby Genseki

Link to comment

I'm psyched for the movie, I kinda prefer the movies split-off from the Anime, because that means that I don't need to watch the Anime. I don't want to watch the Anime because of there being a seizure episode, also other problems with episodes. Such as: there are too many episodes, and the censored ones are hard to find. So I can't watch them all :(, if I could then I would've done so. This is why a split-off movies series is better, and maybe Ash becomes champion in the movies.

• Like 1

Link to comment
    On 12/22/2017 at 1:50 AM, Cecillia said:

I'm psyched for the movie

Me too! Wondering how they'll spin it off!

On 12/22/2017 at 1:50 AM, Cecillia said:

Well, as much as the previous movies are mostly canon (if not all canon), the events in the anime don't really affect the movie, besides the main things (like Ash getting a Charizard, so he'll naturally have it in the movie, that kind of thing)

More important, is your problem with the Original Series (Kanto + Johto), or is your embargo also on the latest seasons?

I randomly jumped into XY, stopped at the end of XY,
    and randomly jumped into SM (few episodes before the introduction of Cosmog)

Link to comment
    On 12/23/2017 at 1:12 AM, theSLAYER said:

Me too! Wondering how they'll spin it off!

I randomly jumped into XY, stopped at the end of XY,
    and randomly jumped into SM (few episodes before the introduction of Cosmog)

Last few seasons too. I want to watch them all or don't watch it

Link to comment

My personal opinion on the movie is that it will be inferior to the Indigo League and Orange Island anime series. I've never been a fan of the movies tbh (except rise of darkrai), but, I guess I'll end up watching it sooner or later...

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Already have an account? Sign in here.

• Our picks