DSi XL vs. PSP Go

Lucario

As for me, i don't really like the idea of both.

I'm quite happy just playing the games in PS2 and PS3 so for me buying a PSP is just another of those vanities.

DSi XL is just outrageous. Nintendo should have just thought of making it instead of making DSi first. Or make the cameras to be at the very least be 2.0 mp.

Both are highly unnecessary.

Firstly, the PSP Go's being download only for games takes away trade ins when you're done with the game. I'm all for not having to lug around tons of games and other miscellaneous things, but in the long run you see no return.

Now, for the DSi XL; this is stupid. Sheer greed inspired this creation of Nintendo's. The DS line of gameboy's is likely coming to an end and they just want to see how much more they could squeeze out of it. There is no reason that anyone would need a hand held that big.

Both are highly unnecessary.

Firstly, the PSP Go's being download only for games takes away trade ins when you're done with the game. I'm all for not having to lug around tons of games and other miscellaneous things, but in the long run you see no return.

Now, for the DSi XL; this is stupid. Sheer greed inspired this creation of Nintendo's. The DS line of gameboy's is likely coming to an end and they just want to see how much more they could squeeze out of it. There is no reason that anyone would need a hand held that big.

The PSP Go costs a lot more and you get a lot less for your money.

maybe you dont have to "lug around" tons of games but you are forgeting there are people who have spent loads of money on UMDs only for Sony to go scrap it what a large and absurd amount of fail..And it has yet to get a proper internet connection..it is only usable in hot spots so that puts loads of people out of even being able to get games! why dont they have 3G internet for the Go and the DS? it simplifies everything.

Also i hear they are going to "re-launch" PSP Go (because everyone knows it is awful) and there is talk of the UMDs coming back. Now all they need is a right analog nub and the PSP Go whould infact be a viable handheld gaming console.

As for the XL..i dont have much to say just a money grabbing scheme with no large point if they are going to create a new system later in the year for the Gen V games.....

DSi XL is just outrageous. Nintendo should have just thought of making it instead of making DSi first. Or make the cameras to be at the very least be 2.0 mp.

It doesn't matter. A bad picture will always be a bad picture, regardless of the resolution.

In Japan, the XL is designed for and marketed to old people who had complained in the past about not being able to read the screen and not being able to hold a tiny stylus. The idea behind the XL was to have a handheld that you left on the kitchen counter or something and everyone in the family could make use of it.

The DSi XL is just the DSi with huge screen. The original DS's is rather small to begin with, so this would make the screen HIGHLY pixelated.

The PSPgo is the PSP 2000 series with a smaller screen and no UMD slot. Even if you would download games to it's internal flash memory, you could only have 10 games on it. That's without counting in music, videos, photos, and extras, making that totally useless. Also, with no UMD slot and only accepted Micro Memory Sticks, it means all your previous games and sticks are useless. This makes bakwords compatibly out of the question unless you want to re-buy ALL your games. Even if you did, you could only have 10 at a time, unless you re-buy all those Memory Sticks. I suppose, if you used the firmware 6.10 exploit, it would make a nice portable emulation device; however, Sony has been trying to fix this, so it might no longer be possible in the future.

When compared the DSi XL is the better system just for it's ability to use it's originator's features (excluding the GBA slot). ~STBE

• 3 weeks later...

I was at Gamestop on the day HG/SS came out and I heard the cashier ask if they want to reserve/trade-in anything for the DSi XL. The customer said no and commented on it saying "Oh so basically it's a DSi for grownups?". I laughed a lot at the comment.

I think both are pretty unneeded and odd. The DSi was released with specs that show stuff like a bigger screen and a smaller size of the ds itself (slightly smaller in height compared to the DS lite). The DSi XL is almost the opposite of what they were planning with the DSi with their huge stylus pen. For the PSP Go, it reminds me of having an E-Reader for your Gameboy except the games are digitally downloaded instead as cards/disks/etc.

• 3 months later...

I personally think that the DSi XL is pointless. I have both the DSi and DSi XL and prefer my DSi. The DSi XL is the exact same thing with all the same features as the DSi has, but are for older people who has hard time to play, type, see and read. The only exception that the DSi XL has over the DSi is that the DSi XL already has pre-downloaded the Nintendo DSi Browser, Nintendo DSi Camera, Nintendo DSi Sound, Nintendo DSi Download Play, Nintendo DSi Picto Chat, Flipnote Studio, Mario Vs. Donkey Kong 1: March of the Minis Again, Photo Dojo, ect.

I have an original PSP which as far as I am concerned is a better option than the Go. The main disadvantage of downloading games is that you can never get them at bargain prices as the price rarely drops. Also you are pretty much limited to your own Region for games.

Comapring with DSiXL? The Go would be more of a pocket device for portable gaming. For gaming in general the DSiXL would I suspect be too big to be comfortably portable. However there is a very wide choice of games and they work fine. My issue with PSP's is the analogue "stick" which I do not get along with, I presume the Go is better, but how good is it I wonder.

PSP's do have the advantage of being able to show movies (which do seem to work well and are easily watchable).

The main downfall of the DSi Series is that it does not support any downloads at all and does not support Media Files, but the main uprise that the DSi Series has over the PSP Series is that the DSi can connect anywhere and does not have to rely on Hot Spots alone like the PSP does.

The good and bad thing about the DSi Series has is the ability to have an extremely good firmware to block all Rom, Emulators, Homebrews, ect for the DSi and DSi XL V1.3 and V1.4.

One bizarre thing about the DSi is that I use my PS3 for the AAC music files which is one of the formats that the PS3 uses to store music on its hard disk. I can put my CD in import it to AAC format and put it on my SD card for listening on the DSi. In that respect the PS3 can supply music to the PSPGo (MP3 format) or the DSi series (AAC format)!!

I sold my dsi and traded it for a dsi xl not too long ago lol.Does anyone think that was a good choice?
well you did i little, all it just have a 93% large screen and have a little more sound, and i have one too. i didn't have the dsi because i didn't have the money to buy one well it was march i had the money to buy it but, i saw the dsixl show thing so i got that.

The DSi and DSi XL only accepts AAC Formats (.M4a .Mp4 .3gp), but not Copyright Music. You can usually use a Youtube to Mp4 or Video to Mp4 Converter to save on your Micro SD Card, SD Card or SDHC Card. It is a lot easier and your DSi or DSi XL will even accept Copyright Music by doing it this way. However the DSi or DSi XL does not support any other Music Formats and this is one of the downfalls with the DSi Series.

As for the PSP Series, I like this System because you can Download and Watch Videos, Listen to .Mp3 Music Format, Ect.

It all depends on what you want with the System. Do you prefer A) Downloading and watching Videos, Listening to .Mp3 Music Format, Expensive Downloadable Games and Limited Internet Accessibility or B) Unlimited Internet Accessibility, Listening to AAC (.M4a .Mp4 .3gp) Music Formats and Cheaper Downloadable Games?

• 9 months later...

IMO The PSP is amazing when you hack it with Custom Firmware.

It's an all in one portable media player, and the screen on it is HD quality widescreen!

Load it up with movies, music, books, homebrew apps, emulators/roms, PS1 games, PSN games, and any PSP game!

I love my PSP, if it wasn't for Pokemon I would have never bought a DS

• 4 weeks later...