vB54-5 didn't support Platinum trash bytes.

That is the problem.

If you look in Save Editing Research and Development, find my trash byte fixer. It should work and fix them up for you

Thanks, but the problem is still there. Any idea? The language of game (I have the italian version) is a problem? - I don't know, maybe Trashbyte program works only with some local version... Another question: the Trashbyte program included in the new version of Legality Checker don't work on my pc, as I said it crashes, the problem is my pc or someody else has this problem?

Yes. Language is a problem.

We only know the Japanese and English strings.

If you want to help us discover the Italian platinum strings (and have a GBA pokemon game that you can pal park from) send me a PM.

Otherwise, you can make a quick edit to the pokemon to make them legal (change the 46h value to 00)

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever I try to install the MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0, I kept getting error. It would just abruptly end the installation. I'm not sure what to do next. Are there certain file/program I needed to install beforehand?

Whenever I try to install the MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 2.0, I kept getting error. It would just abruptly end the installation. I'm not sure what to do next. Are there certain file/program I needed to install beforehand?

No, there is nothing that you need. if it is not installing, the easiest thing is to restore your computer.

No, there is nothing that you need. if it is not installing, the easiest thing is to restore your computer.

I see. I followed your suggestion in the system restore, and now I'm able to successfully install the framework.

Thanks for the minor fix.

cool thanks

Same problem as I had? Ha ha.

• 2 weeks later...

I edited the ID, Secret ID, OT Name and Nickname of a Lugia from Pokemon xD, who previously had an Unknown GBA Type in the Legality Checker, to match my ID, Secret ID, etc. I also put the edited file through the Trash Byte Normalizer. It now shows the type as Normal NDS or GBA. What caused this to change exactly and how can I prevent it?

I edited the ID, Secret ID, OT Name and Nickname of a Lugia from Pokemon xD, who previously had an Unknown GBA Type in the Legality Checker, to match my ID, Secret ID, etc. I also put the edited file through the Trash Byte Normalizer. It now shows the type as Normal NDS or GBA. What caused this to change exactly and how can I prevent it?

Well you've pretty much made the Pokemon illegal by doing this and you probably won't be able to make it legal again because the algorithm the GC games use is unknown.

• 2 weeks later...

Current trash byte checking is flawed, when checking japanese trash bytes. Indeed, the 5 palparked of them do not have any trash bytes, but the first one do - freshly pal parked Pokepark Pokemon displayed as "Invalid trash bytes" in legal.exe. I have no idea if you know about it, or no.

Updated Legality Checker to vB54-10

This update is huge. Thanks to mingot we have discovered another layer of legality checks which restrict the legality of Pokemon that can be synchronized. This affects only 4th gen Pokemon which are encountered in the wild, or stationary in-game legends (including rotom, arceus, etc).

Updated Legality Checker to vB54-10

This update is huge. Thanks to mingot we have discovered another layer of legality checks which restrict the legality of Pokemon that can be synchronized. This affects only 4th gen Pokemon which are encountered in the wild, or stationary in-game legends (including rotom, arceus, etc).

Hi Sabresite.

What's exactly this new restriction? I've performed a random test using Rotom with PV-IVs combo from my generator and "Sync" still shows "Valid".

Is it related to "Method J" being used instead of "Method 1" for PV generation as described by mingot? I read it some time ago but I don't see how can it be restrictive if you only know the PV. Algorithm is supposed to perform as many calls as required (according to mingot) to match the nature in the first call.

Having a party syncher introduces a slight change in algorithm but, how do you know whether a syncher was used?

Thanks in advance.

Yeah it is related to Method J. This restriction eliminates 3.57% of PV/IV combinations, so while it is a low restriction, it helps determine legality none-the-less. When determining the legality, we take into consideration whether or not it could have been synchronized, and the 3.57% includes the possibility of a failed synchronization, a successful synchronization, and not using synchronization.

Yeah it is related to Method J. This restriction eliminates 3.57% of PV/IV combinations, so while it is a low restriction, it helps determine legality none-the-less. When determining the legality, we take into consideration whether or not it could have been synchronized, and the 3.57% includes the possibility of a failed synchronization, a successful synchronization, and not using synchronization.

Thank you Sabresite.

So you mean that given a Method 1 PV-IV combo, and no syncher, is it possible that you can't find a previous PRN which matches PV nature as described by mingot?

And assuming a succesful synch, do you mean that for that very same combo it is possible that you can't find a previous PRN with its highest bit set to 0?

For a failed synch, I understand that there's a relation between first 2 calls (trigger + nature target), but previous 2 cases amaze me. Could you supply a PV-IV example which is Synch-Invalid?

Here are the first 10 from a rainbow table:

87|AF930000 (Quiet)|29,9,3,31,5,5
89|33200000 (Bashful)|3,20,4,27,13,5
95|486C0000 (Modest)|2,17,12,0,29,6
96|8A320000 (Impish)|4,6,29,29,0,7
B4|3F6F0000 (Naughty)|19,30,16,25,22,10[/Code]

Where the first number is the initial seed, the second number is the PV, and third are the IVs. While you cannot pre-determine if a pokemon was synched successfully, or not at all, we relax these restrictions to allow for both scenarios at the same time.

EDIT: I took a final count, and the sync check renders 153331808 PID/IV Method 1 combinations as invalid.

Edited by Sabresite