READ: HOME Tracker Value

Kaphotics

• 7 months later...

Hey guys! I'm new to a lot of this and after reading all of these posts I have two questions.

1) If I use old event files created with current PKHex (let's say I pop a Faraway Island Mew directly into Violet with NO tracker) transferring it to HOME will then generate one for it? But its origin are dubious & perhaps wont show correct information such as met origin, ball etc?

2) If possible, I assume it would be better to generate the same Pokemon directly into USUM or XYORAS & then move from BANK to HOME creating a new tracker?

Much appreciated!

1) On home you would have glitchy informations such as the ones you mentioned.

2) Yes. For mons that originates in non-Switch games, always gen them in Gen 6 or 7, than transfer through Bank -> HOME. For Switch games, always gen them in their correct game of origin and place them in Home from there.

Go mons are better to not be generated at all, but if you have to, the best place would be Sword / Shield, since Go origin mons defaults to SwSh substructure data.

• 3 weeks later...

So I wanted to add some findings to this thread. I had a friend ask me to use my hackable switch to change a few of her old shinies, she wanted the OT details changing because the Pokemon had the OT of her deadname and gender. All of these shinies were caught on the 3DS so they HAD to have a HOME tracker attached, because they had to have come up through Bank into HOME.

Because of better compatibility with the selection of Pokemon she traded to me, I decided to use BDSP to make most of the edits. So I transferred the Pokemon out to BDSP and made the changes with PKHeX, All seemed fine, there was no issues transferring the edited Pokemon back into HOME from BDSP and we were even able to trade them without issue. However, after the first couple of trades, she noticed that the Pokeball of the edited Pokemon was missing, it was displaying as a white square in the trade confirmation screen, and completely transparent in the Summary screen of the Pokemon. I should mention that this visual issue would only show up in the mobile version of HOME, it all displayed fine in the Switch version, so the data was still there, it just wasn't displaying correctly on mobile.

So she traded me the Pokemon back, and I got to testing. Long story short I found that making edits to Pokemon sent to PLA or BDSP would cause the visual issues, but SwSh would work without issue. I could make all the edits to the Pokemon put into SwSh and there would be zero issues back in HOME with them. Of course, there were Pokemon I couldn't move into SwSh therefore I couldn't make the changes to the OT. As of right now, I have kept them without any edits until a solution is found for BDSP/PLA.

I had one case where I forgot to backup one of her Pokemon before making my changes, and I thought it would be screwed up for good, but once I manually reverted the changes I made, the issue went away and the Pokeball showed up fine once more in the mobile version of HOME.

If I could theorize why this is happening, I would guess that the HOME Tracker is related, perhaps some of the Pokemon's data is stored server side, and we were getting the visual glitch because it didn't match what the server is expecting. Again, just a theory, but it could be worthwhile information for anyone investigating the HOME Tracker.

Sadly I didn't think to take screenshots of the issue when it was happening, but I got a few more Pokemon to work on so if it happens again, I'll edit this post. Perhaps @Kaphotics would find this information useful?

Things I tried that didn't work to fix the issue:

- Zeroing out the HOME tracker

- Making the changes in one save and then drag/dropping the Pokemon to another save of the twin game (so BD to SP, for example)

- Changing the Pokeball to something different

- Changing the Pokeball back after the above didn't work.

12 hours ago, radiocaf said:

she noticed that the Pokeball of the edited Pokemon was missing

You should read this post. It explains why it happens and how to prevent it.

Changing the trainer name breaks the tracker. You must change it to zero and edit the pokémon in the correct game. Pokémon from old gens, go and SWSH must be edited in SWSH, BDSP pokémon in BDSP, PLA pokémon in PLA, SV pokémon in SV. If you edit a pokémon from SWSH in BDSP and has a wrong tracker it will lose its ball.

Edited by FusionGengar

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2023 at 10:29 PM, FusionGengar said:

You should read this post. It explains why it happens and how to prevent it.

Changing the trainer name breaks the tracker. You must change it to zero and edit the pokémon in the correct game. Pokémon from old gens, go and SWSH must be edited in SWSH, BDSP pokémon in BDSP, PLA pokémon in PLA, SV pokémon in SV. If you edit a pokémon from SWSH in BDSP and has a wrong tracker it will lose its ball.

So just to check if I'm understanding it right. I want to change a Copperajah size that was originally caught on SwSh but has already been on SV. To not become illegal, I'll have to edit it on SwSh, delete the Home Tracker and send it back to SV, right?

Will the substructure from SV reset to blank? 

1 hour ago, Myaestro said:

Hi! I'm new and read this post. I have a question. I found the Pokémon GO Transfers series in downloads and each pk file has a fixed home tracker. I've heard that if a pokemon with the same tracker moves to home, it could disappear or cause problems. Does it disappear if I inject that into my home? I don't understand that :(

If you place a cloned Pokémon with an existing Tracker into Home, the Tracker gets changed while keeping all the record/details related to the old tracker. So far that's the safest way to place into Home a Pokémon that should already be passed through Home. Don't wipe/edit the tracker from the Go entries.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, momoss said:

So just to check if I'm understanding it right. I want to change a Copperajah size that was originally caught on SwSh but has already been on SV. To not become illegal, I'll have to edit it on SwSh, delete the Home Tracker and send it back to SV, right?

Will the substructure from SV reset to blank? 

you have to make the edits in the origin game to make the main structure legal, seems to keep and fix some substructure values between games,

for example i caught a cresselia in Shield max lair and sent it into shinningpearl, then i sent it back into shield, started editing in shield because i caught it here made it shiny, changed pokeball, trainer ID to make it fit with shinning pearl, then i sent it into shiningpearl and then HOME and seems to be working because the pokeball appears and the children info showing correctly, in both shield, shining pearl, even in HOME
then i tried to do the same with the original untouched cresselia, starded editing in shinningpearl game but this didn't show the pokeball and sword shield children data, (HOME game icons). 
i didn't fixed home tracker so i am not sure about that...
seems to carry main sctructure while changing some substructure like the modified (pokeball, shiny, tid) in my case.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 8:33 PM, theSLAYER said:

Either import a file that came from GO, or catch one legitimately in GO then transfer that.

If you fancy, use this. Don’t change any of the immutables.

when i drop this darkrai into my save file it results as illigal. Is the OT name an immutable?

1 hour ago, Sarutopi96 said:

when i drop this darkrai into my save file it results as illigal. Is the OT name an immutable?

Change the current handler to someone else.

image.png

Yea, this screenshot isn’t from the latest version but hopefully it can help.

you should change that red-lined portion (HT or Handling Trainer) to your save, and there should be a dropdown nearby that will allow you to select current trainer to HT instead of OT.

Don’t change any of the OT details.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2023 at 2:33 PM, theSLAYER said:

Either import a file that came from GO, or catch one legitimately in GO then transfer that.

If you fancy, use this. Don’t change any of the immutables.

Would this also apply to Pokémon that originate from Home? The options being to either acquire legitimately during the distribution period or import a distribution contribution file (clone; untouched immutable values).

36 minutes ago, mithrandir said:

Would this also apply to Pokémon that originate from Home? The options being to either acquire legitimately during the distribution period or import a distribution contribution file (clone; untouched immutable values).

Correct, what was said applies to any server side distribution or game (eg. Home, GO)

• Like 1

As of HOME v3.1.0

With the recent announcement that Bank might be on borrowed time (source), I’m trying to figure out how possible it is to transfer up without Bank. Is it currently viable to transfer Pokémon from USUM -> SWSH/BDSP/PLA/SV -> HOME using a modded 3DS and Switch + PKHeX?

From what I’m gathering from previous comments, I’m guessing not. Even with a zeroed out home tracker, some data will not be properly stored in Home causing strange behavior?

Please correct me if I’m misunderstanding. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Cornflakes said:

As of HOME v3.1.0

With the recent announcement that Bank might be on borrowed time (source), I’m trying to figure out how possible it is to transfer up without Bank. Is it currently viable to transfer Pokémon from USUM -> SWSH/BDSP/PLA/SV -> HOME using a modded 3DS and Switch + PKHeX?

From what I’m gathering from previous comments, I’m guessing not. Even with a zeroed out home tracker, some data will not be properly stored in Home causing strange behavior?

Please correct me if I’m misunderstanding. Thanks!

A illegal but plausible way is to have the Mon enter HOME from SWSH. It generates data correctly when done so, but HOME can detect and track back that you’ve done so. This is also only limited to species that exist in SWSH.

• Thanks 1

What is said above is valid until they change how the Home data format is handled. They can change the default data (common data) anytime if they want, and it might make sense to do so when switch games will be out of support.

Currently, SwSh data is the Home common data because it was the first game Home was compatible to. I would expect a rearrangement of all the data structures with the new console / games.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Legarad said:

PKHex can't block the Home Trackers form to avoid malicious user editing? Since the Home Trackers are exclusively assigned by Pokemon Home, I think the form should only be visible and not editable

1. The program is open source; anyone can disable safeguards & recompile.

2. Only HOME can verify the tracker. If someone sets a random value, sure it might look "random" and valid, but you can always test by uploading it to HOME. If it uploads, it was valid.

6 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

1. The program is open source; anyone can disable safeguards & recompile.

2. Only HOME can verify the tracker. If someone sets a random value, sure it might look "random" and valid, but you can always test by uploading it to HOME. If it uploads, it was valid.

I was asking about the sysbot, every time the sysbot software is updated it comes with the files that Home Trackers have are blocked. I'm not a Bot Owner, so I don't know how common fake Home Tracker files are on bots trade.  And I understand that sysbot software uses PKHex to work, I have seen several tutorials on Youtube. Unfortunately I don't have a modified Switch yet, to have one of my own.

5 hours ago, Legarad said:

I was asking about the sysbot, every time the sysbot software is updated it comes with the files that Home Trackers have are blocked. I'm not a Bot Owner, so I don't know how common fake Home Tracker files are on bots trade.  And I understand that sysbot software uses PKHex to work, I have seen several tutorials on Youtube. Unfortunately I don't have a modified Switch yet, to have one of my own.

Even if PKHeX blocks modification of mons that bears a HOME tracker, the Sysbot can simply wipe the HOME tracker. It depends on the settings that the owner uses..

10 hours ago, Legarad said:

You should assume that every Pokemon coming from a bot that requires Home Tracker will be blocked in Home.

If the sysbot removes the tracker, it will be blocked in Home.

If the sysbot makes a false tracker, it will be blocked in Home.

If the sysbot doesn't touch the tracker...it still will be blocked in Home because there will be more than one person with the same cloned Pokemon having the same Home Tracker. Home is able to detect clones of a Pokemon with tracker.

4 hours ago, javier_himura said:

If the sysbot doesn't touch the tracker...it still will be blocked in Home because there will be more than one person with the same cloned Pokemon having the same Home Tracker. Home is able to detect clones of a Pokemon with tracker.

This part isn’t true. They’ll just clone server-side data from the tracker provided, then proceed to create a new tracker with the associated data.

granted, it is easy to check on their end if they want to (basically check whether duplicate trackers existed, that ain’t Nincada family), but so far they’ve not done that. In any case, it’ll be at your own (reader’s) risk