Battle Frontier Platinum: Discussion/Progress

Darach_Chiaki

You guys are good... I got 20 win streak both times for Tower, and Palmer keeps owning me...

He used Rhyperior in the beginning of the first time I battled him, so I knocked it out, but he threw out Dragonite and Milotic, and I couldn't take 'em out because they were too fast or I did too lil' damage.

Second time, I was prepared for his Rhyperior, only to find out he threw is Dragonite out first, ruining my strategy...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are good... I got 20 win streak both times for Tower, and Palmer keeps owning me...

He used Rhyperior in the beginning of the first time I battled him, so I knocked it out, but he threw out Dragonite and Milotic, and I couldn't take 'em out because they were too fast or I did too lil' damage.

Second time, I was prepared for his Rhyperior, only to find out he threw is Dragonite out first, ruining my strategy...

That Milotic outsped my Gengar somehow... I don't know why. Back in D/P, the special sweeping Rhyperior OHKO'd my Salamence with Ice Beam.

I went up to 14 but I got owned by a Quick Claw Guillotine Crawdaunt which hit me EVERY SINGLE TIME without missing. I think something's wrong in the Battle Tower.

IM SO PISSED!!!

i had 149 win streak in the battle hall, then i click the wrong move against steelix, then he killed me because i had choice band equiped, and i couldnt click earthquake to kill. SO DAM PISSED!

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

my battle hall 50 win streak

26-39851-87683

wow, my worst luck there was when I was using my Salamence, you know what the frontier brain had, a Laparas, I knew I was screwed already, I used outrage, Lapras was in the red for hp, Lapras uses Blizzard, omg what a happy ending, and it was the last battle for me to get the gold thing on your card, seriously what kind of luck is that

Agh, I'm so angry. My Armaldo got to the 47th streak. However, when I was going to choose the next Pokémon to battle, my game froze. Eh, that's what I get for using an old DS Lite that is beginning to fail to work. :/

Still, I'm pretty agitated. Ah well, there's no use crying over spilt milk.

By the way, I was wondering: does the level of your own Pokémon in the Battle Hall influence what Pokémon Argenta chooses? My level 76 Drapion got me a Slaking, but in a video in the Global Terminal, a level 39 Rotom went against a Magmar. Perhaps... :/

i really don't get it. on my 40th battle @ the Battle Tower, we were both down with one pokemon, my Gyarados against Floatzel. Gyarados HP was down to 9, while Floatzel's maybe 10 or something, i knocked him out with my final move (Waterfall)... Floatzel fainted, but "hail" affected my Gyarados and knocked him down too. it's a clear DRAW, but I was sent out of the Battle Tower and the lady nurse thanked me told me that I LOST! damn!!!!

(BTW, "hail" was initiated by my Empoleon@leftovers for the accuracy of his "blizzard". an experimental move combo ) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Since I've finally got the Battle Frontier, I can finally post here! <3

I've got one silver metal so far: Battle Castle. I just died at 30 consecutive battles. (I was doing so well, too) It's highly addictive. Now to work on the others, though. I keep messing up on the Tower. Ugh.

I finally got the Silver Print for the Battle Castle, but not with the team I intended to use. I planned on using Masquerain, Grumpig and Drapion, but I ended up replacing Masquerain and Drapion with Cacturne and Metagross. Not the most eye-catching video for the Battle Tower...

Ah well, I'm just happy with the Silver Print.

Man Pokemon Platinum Battle Frontier sounds so wicked, but i can't be botherd to play through Pokemon Platinum, and previous games are getting in the way, like currently I'm playing: SUPER ROBOT TAISEN OG SAGA ENDLESS FRONTIER which is so awesome by the way, the humor, the characters, it's a overall fantastic game.

Tower and Castle, to me, are by far the easiest. Factory is challenging, as well as Hall. Hall, I can get a long win streak, but always end up losing to a random type...

Could someone recommend a good Pokémon for the Battle Hall? =/

Also, Tower is quite annoying for the surprise factor by Tower Tycoon Palmer... He has quite a intricate team, and can be deadly.

For Battle Hall, all you need is a strong sweeper. Give them a Choice Spec/Band and everything's fine.

That why I used Starmie at first. Starmie is good for the Battle Hall because of its grreat type-coverage. Salamence and Latios are pretty good for it, too.

However, I prefer challenges, so that's why I decided to end my Starmie's 50-win streak early and let my shiny Sharpedo take the stage.

Whew! what a fight! I've beaten Palmer (at the Battle Tower) for the second time.

My team:

- Garchomp @ Choice Band (lead)

- Flygon @ leftovers

- Scizor @ Life Orb

Palmer's:

- Regigigas @ ???

- Heatran @ Focus Sash

- Cresselia @ Leftovers

I now have a Gold in Battle Tower :)

I just started at the Castle :) (first 7 battles cleared) :)

Whew! what a fight! I've beaten Palmer (at the Battle Tower) for the second time.

My team:

- Garchomp @ Choice Band (lead)

- Flygon @ leftovers

- Scizor @ Life Orb

Palmer's:

- Regigigas @ ???

- Heatran @ Focus Sash

- Cresselia @ Leftovers

I now have a Gold in Battle Tower :)

I just started at the Castle :) (first 7 battles cleared) :)

Nice! I got haxxed by a special sweeping Rhyperior back in my D/P version. An Ice Beam OHKOd my Salamence from a Rhyperior X_X

Nice! I got haxxed by a special sweeping Rhyperior back in my D/P version. An Ice Beam OHKOd my Salamence from a Rhyperior X_X

actually, it's not a gold trophy yet, just a silver trophy, but I received a gold print or something(?).

Yeah, it looks like that the game was programmed to use Ice Beam once they are facing a dragon type pokemon, that's why i brought in scizor, after any failed attack of Garchomp, i would immediately swith-in scizor :D , and bingo, the ice beam/blizzard or any ice attack would hit scizor, naturally, he would resist that, and go on with the sweep, hahaha.