Cecillia

Year of the Legendary Pokémon

16 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

IMG_20180119_132608.jpg

 

As of Thursday, January 18th 2018, The Pokémon Company International declared 2018 to be the “Year of the Legendary Pokémon”. This means that there will be various distributions of legendary Pokémon throughout the year. 

The Pokémon that get distributed aren't mythical Pokémon, but luckily 2017 was the 20th anniversary. In celebrating the occasion, they distributed mythical Pokémon throughout the year. This year they chose for a similar scheme, but the legendary Pokémon you receive depends on your game. (e.g. Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon) Additionally, this marks the first time that Shiny Zygarde is being officially recognized by TPCi, and to be slated for release in June. 

Pokémon distribution schedule:
February

  • Sun/Ultra Sun: Palkia
  • Moon/Ultra Moon: Dialga

March

  • Heatran
  • Regigigas

April

  • Raikou
  • Entei

May

  • Xerneas
  • Yveltal

June

  • Shiny Zygarde

July

  • Tornadus
  • Thundurus

August

  • Groudon
  • Kyogre

September

  • Latios
  • Latias

October

  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom

November

  • Ho-oh
  • Lugia

 

Some of them come with a gold bottle cap. They are at least level 60, and know "awesome moves", according to TPCi. 
 

Source: https://www.pokemonlegendary.com/en-us/distributions/


View full article

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Just hope "awesome moves" means some event-exclusive thing and not just their signature + 3 (good) moves we could teach them in-game.

Imagine it's just "celebrate", you know, to celebrate the year of legendary Pokemon.

  • Teary-Eyed 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Imagine it's just "celebrate", you know, to celebrate the year of legendary Pokemon.

But they wouldn't list Celebrate as an "awesome" move, right?
...Right?

...Okay, better not to get my hopes too high.

  • Like 1
  • Hahaha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ruby Genseki said:

But they wouldn't list Celebrate as an "awesome" move, right?
...Right?

...Okay, better not to get my hopes too high.

We really don't know what they'll do.

the upcoming Dialga and Palkia would be a nice indicator.

(please be event exclusive moves)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So they get nothing special in the end.
image.png.49e7b564b10aef44c46b5ce2f6c0d43c.png
SM ones get the movesets they have when encountered in the wild in USUM, whereas the USUM ones have Draco Meteor instead of their sigs, just in case you wanna have it but are too lazy to increase a Lv. 100 Mon's friendship in order to teach it yourself.

Kinda underwhelming, if you ask me. Even Celebrate would have done to an extent, as it is somewhat useful when used as a Z move.

  • Like 2
  • Teary-Eyed 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean that's nice and all but they're basically handing out all the legendaries in the games anyway, it's not like any of these are rare or anything except for shiny Zygarde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MichiS97 said:

I mean that's nice and all but they're basically handing out all the legendaries in the games anyway, it's not like any of these are rare or anything except for shiny Zygarde.

Maybe the legendaries are the  opposite of your game. That would seem logical at the very least. It also reminds me of 2012's Reshiram & Zekrom distribution.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cecillia said:

Maybe it are the legendaries opposite of your game. That would seem logical at the very least. It also reminds me of 2012's Reshiram & Zekrom distribution.

The Palkia/Dialga distribution suggests that this'll be the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2018 at 12:48 AM, Ruby Genseki said:

So they get nothing special in the end.
image.png.49e7b564b10aef44c46b5ce2f6c0d43c.png
SM ones get the movesets they have when encountered in the wild in USUM, whereas the USUM ones have Draco Meteor instead of their sigs, just in case you wanna have it but are too lazy to increase a Lv. 100 Mon's friendship in order to teach it yourself.

Kinda underwhelming, if you ask me. Even Celebrate would have done to an extent, as it is somewhat useful when used as a Z move.

Maybe we just teach them the right moves if they get the right Natures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, CrystalBorf said:

Maybe we just teach them the right moves if they get the right Natures.

Well, of course, but that's not why I'm disappointed. Some of us were expecting these event Mons to have moves that we couldn't teach'em in-game, such as...Idk, do you know about the TRU Arceus? that one from gen 4 with the Creation Trio's signature moves?
These were event-exclusive moves, no other Arceus can legitimately have'em. But the legendaries being given away this years don't have anything special -- they're no different from the ones we could catch in-game, except for being in Cherish Balls and having a fancy ribbon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Well, of course, but that's not why I'm disappointed. Some of us were expecting these event Mons to have moves that we couldn't teach'em in-game, such as...Idk, do you know about the TRU Arceus? that one from gen 4 with the Creation Trio's signature moves?
These were event-exclusive moves, no other Arceus can legitimately have'em. But the legendaries being given away this years don't have anything special -- they're no different from the ones we could catch in-game, except for being in Cherish Balls and having a fancy ribbon.

Oh okay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now