Using PKHeX: How to Compile The Latest Version of PKHeX

5 minutes ago, BigPapiBrian said:

It's under build config manager, right?

Well what I meant was this, but you can change it that way as well.

release.png.1466d5a6bcf64542425c0fc4ac19fc1e.png

3 minutes ago, BigPapiBrian said:

@BlackShark So I ran it, and here are the 4 files i have in my folder:

PKHex.Core.dll

PKHeX

PKHeX.exe

PKHeX.pdb

Do I just need to move the first 2 files and i can delete the entire "PKHeX-master" folder?

What exactly is the file type of the first two files? If they are XML Configuration files you don't need them. You just need the exe.

The 1st and 3rd are XML Configs, the 2nd is an Application, and the 4th is a Program Debug (I couldn't see the rest of the type). Also, I may have done an oopsie. I ran the application, and i hit no to bak file. I can restart the process if I need to, as it doesn't take long. Last thing. I tried to import a ROM, but it said the file was too large. Is there any way I can do this?

Edited by BigPapiBrian

@BigPapiBrian You don't need to restart the process. You can create a new folder in the directory where your PKHeX.exe is and call it bak. Also there should be an option in PKHeX's settings to enable automatic bakups.

You don't import ROMs in PKHeX, you need to get the save file. Check the tutorials for how to mange saves for different console types https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/

Since this is going off topic now (this thread is about compilation only) move further discussion into the PKHeX sub forums https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/forum/83-pkhex/ or send me a private message.

• 1 month later...

Hello Guys, I've tried to stick to the guideline, but it does not work. Can someone please help me?  I habe just 1/4 Projects. When opening Pkhex.sln, it says that at least one project was not loaded successfully. What am i doing wrong? Many thanks in advance

image.png.84c84d299aebbf5d33b2133b5f24911c.pngimage.png.0f3a907651f434eefe448a79f8a7b8ce.png

2 hours ago, OG93 said:

Hello Guys, I've tried to stick to the guideline, but it does not work. Can someone please help me?  I habe just 1/4 Projects. When opening Pkhex.sln, it says that at least one project was not loaded successfully. What am i doing wrong? Many thanks in advance

image.png.84c84d299aebbf5d33b2133b5f24911c.pngimage.png.0f3a907651f434eefe448a79f8a7b8ce.png

You'll need to install the .Net Core SDK 3.0 to build PKHeX. Alternatively, you can find the latest development build of PKHeX here:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, gremlin said:

I keep getting 3 succeeded 1 failed no matter how many times i redownload the file or rerun the build... any suggestions?

the error is specifically saying that pkhex.winforms is restricted or has an internet mark that needs to be removed...:

4>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(3075,5): error MSB3821: Couldn't process file Subforms\Save Editors\SAV_Inventory.resx due to its being in the Internet or Restricted zone or having the mark of the web on the file. Remove the mark of the web if you want to process these files.
4>Done building project "PKHeX.WinForms.csproj" -- FAILED.
4>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Current\Bin\Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(3075,5): error MSB3821: Couldn't process file Subforms\Save Editors\SAV_Inventory.resx due to its being in the Internet or Restricted zone or having the mark of the web on the file. Remove the mark of the web if you want to process these files.
4>Done building project "PKHeX.WinForms.csproj" -- FAILED.

"

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Omi-Wan Kenobi said:

I have this issue as well, and it didn't magically start working. Someone clue me in please? I really want to start getting the gender pokemon that I want without having to restart umpteen million times

You can get the latest development build of PKHeX which includes the latest commits from github from here.

If you still want to build it from source, first make sure you have .NET desktop development installed in Visual Studio Installer. If you don't have it, install it then redownload the source.

22 minutes ago, BlackShark said:

You can get the latest development build of PKHeX which includes the latest commits from github from here.

If you still want to build it from source, first make sure you have .NET desktop development installed in Visual Studio Installer. If you don't have it, install it then redownload the source.

I downloaded the zip folder. do i just need to drag the two highlighted items (1st attachment) to say my desktop and PKHex will work without the VS and having to compile PKheX? and I DID make sure I had the .NET desktop development installed in Visual Studio, and I just redownloaded the source (from https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX) and tried to run PKheX.sln but had this pop up (2nd attachment) then it gives me this (3rd attachment). Thank you for your quick response to my first comment btw!

Screenshot 2020-12-29 193726.png

Screenshot 2020-12-29 193800.png

Screenshot 2020-12-29 193852.png

2 hours ago, Omi-Wan Kenobi said:

I downloaded the zip folder. do i just need to drag the two highlighted items (1st attachment) to say my desktop and PKHex will work without the VS and having to compile PKheX? and I DID make sure I had the .NET desktop development installed in Visual Studio, and I just redownloaded the source (from https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX) and tried to run PKheX.sln but had this pop up (2nd attachment) then it gives me this (3rd attachment). Thank you for your quick response to my first comment btw!

You didn't install the right stuff.

Ask yourself why you need to compile it yourself. You likely don't, and can just use whatever the latest release is.

okay, thanks. i was just following this site's guide which led me to believe that i had to do all this compiling. if i can just use the latest release i'm all for that. i'm going to have enough issues trying to figure out the homebrew/CFW thing. i'm used to using powersaves, so only one program and an adapter to plug the game into my computer >.<'

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

I finally got it all working and opened up PKHeX once, and now when I open the application I get the "Starting up PKHeX... ProjectPokemon.org" little screen/picture with the logo and everything except it's translucent and doesn't open, it just closes immediately after. I got it where all builds were successful, etc. no fails or anything and now it won't open! Any ideas? Thanks for the great tutorial regardless I never would've figured any of this out myself

PKHeX startup.jpg

• 1 month later...