Under Level Collection

jojo12100

Welcome to the Under Level Collection.
This thread was originally started by Poke J (as seen below in the second post), however due to inactivity maintaining the archive links,
theSLAYER usurped one of jojo12100's older post, and shifted it over to become the top post of this thread.

This first post will be updated to include the latest archive zip in due time.

• Like 1

Good day everyone!  The aim of this thread is to collect all of the Pokemon that can be legally obtained under level in game i.e. Magicarp evolves into Gyarados at level 20, but can be found at level 15 in Pokemon Yellow.  Below you'll find a list of Pokemon for each generation and the level that they are encountered at, as well as, what game they are caught in (if no game is listed then the Pokemon can be found in all games in that generation at that level).  Also, please note that the given location is not the only location that the Pokemon can be found at that level it's just the first one I saw and that there maybe errors in the lists so don't hesitate to point them out so that they can be corrected.

If you got any updates, you can send it to @jojo12100! (he's managing the sheet seen below)

If you'd like to contribute to this thread please follow these guidelines and recommendations:

• Please no Pokemon from Wonder Trade or GTS
  • Try to use actual hardware

Also, considering adding the under leveled Pokemon from Pokemon Stadium

So far I've only done the Pokemon that can be obtained through trading with NPCs as outlined on Bulbapedia's In-Game Trade page.  https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/In-game_trade .  As a side note not all Pokemon are recognized as legal with PKHex.  As well, not all Pokemon can be legally transferred to gen 7 as some required breeding in gen 2 to get the lowest possible level for the Pokemon that was traded.  Those ones will be legal once the Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver virtual counsel games are released in September.  Also, some where obtained in Pokemon Crystal and will not be legal for transfer to gen 7 for the foreseeable future.  (Download Folder is up to date)

Under Leveled.zip

Edited by wrathsoffire76
Updated collection file
  • Proud 1

5 hours ago, Got_Eevees said:

Nice! Do you think we could team up? (We could make a new Dropbox account and share it.)

I could train some Pokes here and there. :D

If you'd like you can help out.  There won't be any training of Pokemon required since the only Pokemon left are ones to find in the wild.  I still need to look through encounter tables to see where under leveled Pokemon are located, but I'll do that early next week as I heading out of town for the weekend.  In terms of a Dropbox any Pokemon caught can be uploaded to this tread or use the privet messaging for discussion that doesn't need to be public.

Edited by Poke J

1 hour ago, Poke J said:

If you'd like you can help out.  There won't be any training of Pokemon required since the only Pokemon left are ones to find in the wild.  I still need to look through encounter tables to see where under leveled Pokemon are located, but I'll do that early next week as I heading out of town for the weekend.  In terms of a Dropbox any Pokemon caught can be uploaded to this tread or use the privet messaging for discussion that doesn't need to be public.

@Poke J Yep. That sounds neat. (Thanks for letting me help out!) Something that always annoys me, drives me crazy, and makes me feel sad/desperate is when people make topics for a download instead of putting them in the Downloads section.

Because If you think about it...

How many amazing or cool downloads will never be found?...

D: Do ya think we should finish this topic and then compile a Full Download list for tha Downloads section? or should we instead post here and then in the Downloads section?(Individually. One by ONE. 0.O A bit tedious, no?)

Also, here's a Bulbasaur :) Shiny.

Bulbasaur_Hewos.pkm

24 minutes ago, Got_Eevees said:

@Poke J Yep. That sounds neat. (Thanks for letting me help out!) Something that always annoys me, drives me crazy, and makes me feel sad/desperate is when people make topics for a download instead of putting them in the Downloads section.

Because If you think about it...

How many amazing or cool downloads will never be found?...

D: Do ya think we should finish this topic and then compile a Full Download list for tha Downloads section? or should we instead post here and then in the Downloads section?(Individually. One by ONE. 0.O A bit tedious, no?)

That is something that is 100% out of our control.  I don't know who makes that decision, but it isn't something we do not have authorization to do.  Otherwise the download section would be flooded with everyone's stuff and nothing would ever get found.  So no, files get uploaded to this thread and maybe, but leaning greatly to the side that this will never be considered as something that will be incorporated into the downloads section.

22 minutes ago, Poke J said:

That is something that is 100% out of our control.  I don't know who makes that decision, but it isn't something we do not have authorization to do.  Otherwise the download section would be flooded with everyone's stuff and nothing would ever get found.  So no, files get uploaded to this thread and maybe, but leaning greatly to the side that this will never be considered as something that will be incorporated into the downloads section.

D: I know... but It's so annoying and sad that alot of good stuff will never be found...

but true. No good things would be found because they're buried by trolls.

I-I hm.... I know,but.... How about once we finish everything we collate it all together and put it in the Downloads section like ROC's PC? It could be a hit! :D

1 hour ago, Poke J said:

If you all do submit files in Downloads, here is a link to the correct place to upload the pkm files (hopefully compressed). 

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/files/category/64-pkm-files/

• Like 1
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2017 at 3:47 PM, Poke J said:

Thanks for saving me the trouble of going for the in-game trade mons! I've been trying to find people who have the in-game trades at the lowest legit levels and nobody ever does. But I also want them in every language. 

Here are some resources I found while searching for the same Pokemon in the last week. 

The picture is what I have so far. Along with a couple level 35 in-game trade Haunter from gen 4 and a level 20 Gengar, 3 level 7Pidgeotto in gen 7 currently. 

Edit: Here's my gen 3 in-game trade collection. All the in game trades at the lowest possible level they can be, gen 3 only. Every language for the main series games. I only have the English Colo/XD: mons. 

1A.png

Pokemon Fire Red GEN3 Legit Event Pokemon 1-17-17 - Trades.sav

Edited by HaxAras

@Got_Eevees I'm going through gen 4 tables right now, I haven't really set much time a side for this project and things got a little delayed due to spending time with friends before they leave for the year again.  Expect the original post to be amended soon a full list of under leveled Pokemon.  Just keep in mind there will probably be errors in the list at first.

2 hours ago, HaxAras said:

Thanks for saving me the trouble of going for the in-game trade mons! I've been trying to find people who have the in-game trades at the lowest legit levels and nobody ever does. But I also want them in every language. 

Here are some resources I found while searching for the same Pokemon in the last week. 

The picture is what I have so far. Along with a couple level 35 in-game trade Haunter from gen 4 and a level 20 Gengar, 3 level 7Pidgeotto in gen 7 currently. 

Edit: Here's my gen 3 in-game trade collection. All the in game trades at the lowest possible level they can be, gen 3 only. Every language for the main series games. I only have the English Colo/XD: mons. 

1A.png

Pokemon Fire Red GEN3 Legit Event Pokemon 1-17-17 - Trades.sav

I'm glad that posting these were able to help you.  As I was going through encounter tables I've learnt that the Bulbapedia page I was using for reference had some wrong information and some of the gen 1 and 2 in-game trade Pokemon can actually be found at lower levels then documented on that page.  But, I'll have to double check on that information by checking in game.  As for getting them in all languages I'd love to do that, but as I do not own any other language game other than english ones I'd need to rely on emulation to get them or find others with different language versions to help out.

Pokemon lists have been added to the main post.  @HaxAras I lack the knowledge at this point to obtain the rental Pokemon from Stadium do you know how to extract them?  Also, I'm thinking that those Pokemon might go with the Unreleased/Prototype thread than this one.  What are your thoughts?

5 hours ago, Poke J said:

Pokemon lists have been added to the main post.  @HaxAras I lack the knowledge at this point to obtain the rental Pokemon from Stadium do you know how to extract them?  Also, I'm thinking that those Pokemon might go with the Unreleased/Prototype thread than this one.  What are your thoughts?

I can't hex edit or mess with emulators. I suck at match and I'm a hardware collector. 

I have a lot of the gen 3 Pokemon in the list. 

There's also a level 35 Medichaim west of Snowpoint in Diamond/Pearl. I obtained a few and traded 2 for the in game trade Haunter since it's technically lowered leveled than you should be able to get it. I have the Haunter and Gengar.

All my contributions will have the OT: HaxAras though.  

Spoiler

Level 29 Dodrio

Level 4 Kakuna

Level 20 Poliwhirl, Poliwrath and Politoed

Level 15 Gyarados 

Level 25 Golduck

Level 20 Tentacruel

Level 4 Metapod

Level 37 Rapidash

Level 25 Magcargo

Level 5 Silcoon

Level 5 Cascoon

Level 25 Wailord

Level 3 Electrode

Level 32 Weezing 

Level 20 Haunter

Level 32 Dewgong

I have the level 20 Gengar from FR/LG but it's in gen 7 with my level 7 Pidgeotto. I'll dump the Medicham, and in game trade Haunter/Gengar later as well. 

Edited by HaxAras

I was editing my previous post when you replied. Here's the file containing what's listed in the quote above.

Under-Leveled Pokemon.7z

Edit

I found mention of underleveled Pokemon while google searching. One I don't currently see on the list is the apparent under-leveled Hydreigon from XY's victory road that falls from the ceiling. Here are my re-worded notes and copied messages from other people. 

Spoiler

Level 10 Seaking 
Wild noctowl in johto. 

Red/Blue/Yellow 
Trade a GSC bred Cubone for a level 5 Machamp in Yellow. 
Pidgeotto - Viridian forest Yellow 

Gold/Silver/Crystal 
In Gold/Silver, you can fish for a lv10 Dragonair 
On G/S you could catch pokemons evolution before they should have evolved like you could catch lvl 20 Tentacruels and lvl 16 Persians 
wild fearow in original g/s/c(lvl 7 in route next to viridan) 

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald 
Way back in the days of OG Ruby and Sapphire, I was sailing around southern Hoenn and found/fished up a lv25 Wailord. 
level 29 Dodrio from Sapphire Safari zone 
Safari zone Seaking 
Safari zone Golduck 

Fire Red/Leaf Green 

Heart Gold/Soul Silver 
HG I got a level 6 furret in Viridan Forest 
level 14 Weezing from HGSS 
HG/SS you could catch level 10 Gyrados 

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum 
Level 10 Golbats in Oreburgh Gate. 
D/P(not Pt) In route 204, Kirlia level 6 with pokeradar, 
Level 4 Staravia and Bibarel will appear at Lake Verity if you slot in FireRed, LeafGreen, or Emerald. 4% chance each. 
Old Chatau "room with eyes, GBA cart inserted. Night only. Gengar - Level 16. (I have one of these)

Black/White 
In BW, Route 9 has Garbodors a few levels under where they should be 
Undella bay rippling water Wailord 
Undella bay rippling water Walrein 
Undells bay rippling water Jellicent 
P2 lab Jellicent 
P2 lab Stoutland 

Black 2/White 2 
Resort level 1 Gyarados 
Level 15 Seismitoad in B/W, gotta surf in rippling water on route 8. Only a 5% chance of a Seismitoad though, and levels range from 15-40, so have fun. 

X/Y 
Friend safari Pilowsine 
In X and Y, it's possible to channel your inner Ghetsis and catch a Hydreigon at Lv59 (5 levels before it's meant to evolve) at Victory Road. 

Edited by HaxAras
  • Thanks 1

I got almost all of them except Jellicent (I have a lv6 for the moment) and Seismitoad.

I can correct many things:

-in gen 2 Granbull is at level 15

-in gen 3 there is no lv5 Golbat but a lv5 Gyarados to get

-in gen 4 lv10 Quagsire surfing the twin cave

-in gen 5 lv11 Magneton from Hidden Grotto special event

-in gen7 lv11 Kadabra, Drifblim from Pelago

-in gen7 lv15 SOS Shelgon from Kala'e Bay

and so much more that I forgot in DPPT...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally got the lv5 Jellicent today. Let's hunt the Seismitoad (chances are 1/520 to see it).

Another correction: there is no lv15 Swarm in B2W2 and the Azumarill is at lv5.

And the SM Butterfree is at lv9.

Edited by jojo12100

3 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

Finally got the lv5 Jellicent today. Let's hunt the Seismitoad (chances are 1/520 to see it).

Another correction: there is no lv15 Swarm in B2W2 and the Azumarill is at lv5.

And the SM Butterfree is at lv9.

Does anyone know the encounter slot for that Seismitoad so that RNG abuse can be used?  Last I checked the link RNG Reporter gave for gen 5 encounter tables was dead.