BrynCat

celebi machine Any Information relating to Celebi/Mew Distribution Machines

I haven't found much information about Celebi Machines, even after searching through the Internet for the last couple months, but this is some of the more notable information that I have gathered:

There is a (possibly modified) Super Famicom inside, which has a (also possibly modified) Super Gameboy 2 inserted in it.

Inside the SGB2 is a modified Gold version(or Blue for the Mew machines).

The SGB2 is connected to a modified Gameboy/Gameboy Color, which in most pictures you can see as the "IN" slot.

There is a glitch relating to Pokemon in the party having mail.

What I don't know:

If the Super Famicom/SGB2 is modified

How they are modified.

How the Pokemon Gold/GBC is modified

How the Celebi is distributed. I have heard that it is automatic, but that might be untrue.

These are merely my findings on this topic. I would love to hear everyone else's finds into this, whether it is false or true.

• Like 2

For Gen 2, I claimed a celebi myself.  I stuck my cart into a huge machine.  It showed me a pic of Celebi and then displayed successful.  I took the cart out and had celebi. I THINK we had to have a party slot available.  I bet there are others who can confirm since this was so long ago.  I also do not remember pressing any buttons.

I don't remember anything about the machine, sorry.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Sabresite said:

For Gen 2, I claimed a celebi myself.  I stuck my cart into a huge machine.  It showed me a pic of Celebi and then displayed successful.  I took the cart out and had celebi. I THINK we had to have a party slot available.  I bet there are others who can confirm since this was so long ago.  I also do not remember pressing any buttons.

I don't remember anything about the machine, sorry.

Do you remember if it looked something like this?

Spoiler

Celebi_machine.jpg.975d3b0860d005ead7ae9115d5c8b145.jpg

As well, did the employee push any buttons? Like, something to get the transfer started?

• Like 1

Employees were not present to help the line.  It is possible that is how the machine looks.  I want to say it was yellow, but I can't be certain since it was so long ago.  My memory is not the best, but I don't remember pressing any buttons.

1 hour ago, Sabresite said:

I want to say it was yellow, but I can't be certain since it was so long ago.

I actually heard they were yellow before:

And of course, there were different revisions of the Celebi Machine (the earliest ones seen at events like Pokémon Fun Fest 2001 had the same blue-coloured case as a Mew Machine, later Celebi Machines had a yellow case).

(Link to the conversation stated above, it also talks about a glitch in the distribution machines: Link)

Strange though, I can't seem to find any pictures of the yellow ones.

Perhaps the yellow ones are slightly better in software than the blue ones, not just a colour change? Maybe they could have loaded the Celebi automatically, instead of the employee having to press the button to transfer it.

Hmm. I just found a picture that shows something rather interesting:

Spoiler

Celebi_Tour_2001_Belgium_distribution.thumb.jpg.c7278fa9d384056a0259fd3b2c6278b8.jpg

If I am not mistaken, and I am pretty sure I'm not, this Celebi machine is running a (Modified) Silver cartridge inside. I guess it would make sense for them to not use exclusively Gold cartridges. What is also interesting is that this is in the exact same casing as a Mew machine:

Spoiler

6f3eVen.jpg.fd4fd497c6f0df6c30b608372506fcae.jpg

As opposed to most of the pictures of it on the internet:

Spoiler

serebii_4.jpg.2a6e16ca31481ff5c0ced9f2086327d1.jpg

This picture in particular was taken in the summer of 2000!(At Spaceworld, Japan) While the one above was taken in 2001(Belgium).

• Like 2

I also went to once of these events.
You had to give your game cartridge to the staff, they would put it into that "IN" slot, and then push "A" on the Super Famicom controller.
The TV showed a short animation while the savedata was updated and that's it.
It was also possible to push A multiple times to get more than 1 Celebi, even without swapping carts first.

Edited by Purin

1 minute ago, Purin said:

I also went to once of these events.
You had to give your game cartridge to the staff, they would put it into that "IN" slot, and then push "A" on the Super Famicom controller.
The TV showed a short animation while the savedata was updated and that's it.
It was also possible to push A multiple times to get more than 1 Celebi, even without swapping carts first.

Huh, I didn't know the machine did that, I thought that it would load it into the cart, and then you would have to reinsert it to get another. As well, was the animation like the trading one, like it would show the Celebi going through the trade cable? I heard that it was like that for the Mew machines:

Spoiler

mew_machine_article.thumb.png.f174a0fdaa6c1c5d524ab97721439423.png