Holla!

SM - Marshadow (JP/US/EU)

72 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

UPDATE: It has been confirmed that Marshadow will be distributed in the US through Gamestop on October 9th through October 23rd and at select retailers in Europe on October 1st through November 14th. This Marshadow is Level 50 with the moves Spectral Thief, Close Combat, Force Palm and Shadow Ball and comes with the Marshadium Z. We'll bring more dates and locations as they come, but in the meantime our Event Database has been updated with details of this distribution

Corocoro confirmed it will be distributed starting July 15 in Japan!

So far no distribution method confirmed.

Quote

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. In this issue, it confirms that Marshadow will be distributed with the movie on July 15th 2017 in Japan. It also reveals the first artwork for Marshadow's appearance when it uses its special moves, as well as the first official look at its Z-Move, Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike. It also reconfirms the Ho-Oh distribution happening via Serial Code in the magazine next month. We'll bring more as it comes

Spoiler

corocoro7171.jpg

Pokemon.com announcement: http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/marshadow/

US Reveal Trailer:

Spoiler

 

Movie 20 Trailer:

Spoiler

 

 

Edited by Holla!
New info!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Holla! I don't think these videos counts, as it's nothing but a reveal.

Granted, a reveal means a distribution will come soon enough,
but right now no details are given.

Hopefully, it's via serial code.

If it's another one of those "distribute at movie with local wireless" I think I'll go insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

@Holla! I don't think these videos counts, as it's nothing but a reveal.

Granted, a reveal means a distribution will come soon enough,
but right now no details are given.

Hopefully, it's via serial code.

If it's another one of those "distribute at movie with local wireless" I think I'll go insane.

I dunno man I just posted whatever serebii had so eagerly. :/ 

Also posted the Pokemon.com page site which most likely will be updated to announce any details about its NA releases.

I too predict a serial code in probably Fall for overseas since Volcanion was also done like that for just back in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Holla! said:

I dunno man I just posted whatever serebii had so eagerly. :/ 

Also posted the Pokemon.com page site which most likely will be updated to announce any details about its NA releases.

I too predict a serial code in probably Fall for overseas since Volcanion was also done like that for just back in October.

If using Volcanion as a basis,
Marshadow in Japan (and maybe Korea) could be serial code with movie ticket purchase at the theaters,
since that's what was done with Volcanion there. (so July 2017)

US and EU will get it randomly as serial code (probably Jan/Feb 2018)
then eventually it'll get an alternative release as Movie Ticket Serial Code again (for HKTW and SEA affiliated countries)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'know it makes sense that it would be released for early 2018 in the west 'cause they also have to distribute the Ash's Pikachu variants, right?

The thing that makes me curious is if there will be a new mainline game announced  by E3 which Marshadow will have its own in-game event since Sun and Moon doesn't have any NPCs that acknowledge its existence.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Holla! said:

Y'know it makes sense that it would be released for early 2018 in the west 'cause they also have to distribute the Ash's Pikachu variants, right?

The thing that makes me curious is if there will be a new mainline game announced  by E3 which Marshadow will have its own in-game event since Sun and Moon doesn't have any NPCs that acknowledge its existence.

I was thinking they could pull a Diancie/Hoopa

Give it a mega forme or alternate forme, make it exclusive to the future game.
And following that trend, it could very well be a DPPt remake (Suspicious amounts of DP pokemon in movie is suspicious)

I think they started pushing Hoenn material right around the corner right, in the Mega Evolution specials and all.

Tho seeing the Z crystals can't be traded, it's possible that the DPPt remake won't have Z moves. (shudders in fear)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging from the fact that the current announced 20th movie events are given via a Serial Code, It seems to reinforce that Marshadow will be the local distribution at the Japanese movie theaters, and looking back at their history these local methods are usually Region-Free. I do wonder if it'd come with its Z-Crystal and if it would be flagged on non-Japanese PGLs then it would be really dumb and unfair to those that even traveled to Japan or live there that have other region 3DSes and copies.

Just my thoughts on a hypothetical situation btw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Holla! said:

Judging from the fact that the current announced 20th movie events are given via a Serial Code, It seems to reinforce that Marshadow will be the local distribution at the Japanese movie theaters, and looking back at their history these local methods are usually Region-Free. I do wonder if it'd come with its Z-Crystal and if it would be flagged on non-Japanese PGLs then it would be really dumb and unfair to those that even traveled to Japan or live there that have other region 3DSes and copies.

Just my thoughts on a hypothetical situation btw.

I would have to agree with this notion. This means it could get difficult to weed out illegitimate Marshadows from then on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And possibly a third game for the Switch considering reports? I also think we're getting it in the west in Fall for coinciding with said game(s) if so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Holla! said:

And possibly a third game for the Switch considering reports? I also think we're getting it in the west in Fall for coinciding with said game(s) if so.

None of the reports verified.

could be third game, could be enhanced port, could be sequel, we don't know.

we will have a hint, when the trademarked name is out .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corocoro confirmed via Serebii!

Edited by Holla!
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that GF has finally found a good distrib method.

Nobody noticed that we still ignore the Marshadow distrib method?

I'm pretty sure it'll be by the same method, probably in SM but it can be in USUM too like Magearna after all.

 

Edit: According to the Corocoro Marshadow will probably distributed by local wireless sadly. But wait and see.

Ps: Who want to meet me at the Japan Expo2017? I'll be at the premiere and the opening of the temporary Pokemon Center.

Edited by jojo12100
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Which site & translation confirms this?

Serebii says :

Quote

In this issue, it confirms that Marshadow will be distributed with the movie on July 15th 2017 in Japan

And the original Corocoro speaks about but I'm waiting for complete translation.

 

Edit: Do you think we'll get Marshadow or Ho-oh event in Japan Expo? It'll be amazing!

Edited by jojo12100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jojo12100 said:

Serebii says :

And the original Corocoro speaks about but I'm waiting for complete translation.

 

Edit: Do you think we'll get Marshadow or Ho-oh event in Japan Expo? It'll be amazing!

Those lines itself are rather ambiguous, so it may refer to either Local Wireless or Serial Code distribution.
 

I think it'll just be free Serial Codes for AshCapChu,
since Ho-oh serial codes are given with the next Corocoro issue.

edit:
The way the sentence structure is phrased,
sounds like:
Bring a console of the Nintendo 3DS series to the cinema, with a copy of Pokemon Sun or Moon,
and you'll receive it!"


Could seriously be local wireless.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a bad thing if it's local wireless, I mean we have some users who've contributed local event there and the fact it's the debut of a new and currently unobtainable Pokemon, we should get it around release. :)

Just wondering about Marshadium Z being bundled as I mentioned like 10 posts above, though.

Edited by Holla!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Holla! said:

It's not a bad thing if it's local wireless, I mean we have some users who've contributed local event there and the fact it's the debut of a new and currently unobtainable Pokemon, we should get it around release. :)

Just wondering about Marshadium Z being bundled as I mentioned like 10 posts above, though.

It was confirmed to be released, in the Corocoro entry. (not surprised, tho lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

It was confirmed to be released, in the Corocoro entry. (not surprised, tho lol)

But will it be bundled in the .wc7 data is my question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

To my understanding, image below mentions receiving the Z-crystal together with the Pokemon.
Also, Local Wireless Event :o

If that's the case then I'd like to know if non-Japanese 3DS units and copies can download it. I'm aware that currently all known local distributions have been Region-Free, however, I'd still like to know for the sake of legality issues as I mentioned.

On 4/15/2017 at 4:31 PM, Holla! said:

Judging from the fact that the current announced 20th movie events are given via a Serial Code, It seems to reinforce that Marshadow will be the local distribution at the Japanese movie theaters, and looking back at their history these local methods are usually Region-Free. I do wonder if it'd come with its Z-Crystal and if it would be flagged on non-Japanese PGLs then it would be really dumb and unfair to those that even traveled to Japan or live there that have other region 3DSes and copies.

Just my thoughts on a hypothetical situation btw.

So if anyone who lives or is visiting Japan and has an out of region 3DS/Region changed 3DS that is able to get it, let us all know! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Holla! said:

If that's the case then I'd like to know if non-Japanese 3DS units and copies can download it.

Will need to dig through the main website to see if such language was mentioned, but I don't recall seeing it.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now