Jump to content

Kirzi

Contributor
  • Content Count

    84
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    6

Kirzi last won the day on February 5 2018

Kirzi had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

107 Excellent

3 Followers

About Kirzi

  • Rank
    Science is fun

Recent Profile Visitors

3145 profile views
  1. Mine's female so it's definitely legal. @Kaphotics (Semi self-obtained; I had a friend buy a cart and download it, then I claimed it; can show proof privately if you want confirmation)
  2. Can confirm. SPA, FRE, GER, and ITA languages on a PAL 3DS cannot receive HKTW codes or HKTW+SEA codes. Instead, you'd have to use ENG, JPN, KOR, CHT, or CHS. My theory is that, for HKTW codes on a PAL 3DS, the game looks for a card specifically for each language. GER looks for a card that's coded as a German language card, and so on. So that's why you get a "gift is not there" error when you try to redeem a HKTW code in that language - the game literally cannot find the card, because there's not one. ENG language cards find one because there is an English card, and JPN/KOR/CHT/CHS are set to "default" to looking for the English card, so you do find the gift when you try to redeem the code on those languages. I'm pretty sure the same thing happens with SEA codes on the NA 3DS - except for the fact that when SEA codes go online, they upload the English card as the English card, and the Spanish card, and the French card. So you'll always be able to find a SEA code on a NA 3DS. Presumably, they could do this with HKTW codes too, but choose not to for some reason. Put another way, here's what a HKTW event looks like on the server: - JP - PAL-ENG Here's what a SEA event looks like: - JP - NA-ENG - NA-SPA - NA-FRE So naturally, when you see this, you can tell it's a combined HKTW+SEA: - JP - PAL-ENG - NA-ENG - NA-SPA - NA-FRE (There's actually more, because they upload one each for Sun/Moon/US/UM, but you get the idea)
  3. This turned out to be really long, so here's a super short version. Long version below. 1. Started with Pokemon cards, then got really into Pokemon Silver. And other games, including spinoffs. 2. Ditched Pokemon games before gen 4 because I hated the DS. Sold stuff, replayed on emulators instead. Still liked Pokemon. 3. Got Soulsilver, a remake of my favorite game. Liked it a lot. Got back into Pokemon. 4. Got XY. Got obsessed with trading and breeding. 5. Got obsessed with legit/uncloned event collecting. 6. Got obsessed with moderating /r/pokemontrades. 7. Helped PP collect missing wondercards using my collection and other event collectors, since we need PP's wondercards for Porybox legality. 8. Present day: still event collecting, still moderating /r/pokemontrades. Also using the wondercard server and wcparse to share unreleased info of upcoming events.
  4. I tested it myself, and can confirm it's a bug. https://twitter.com/kirzi9/status/930335365638033408 It was the SG Summer'15 one that couldn't be traded at all in gen 6. (It can in gen 7, but it changes OT to "Sun.")
  5. This isn't an entry, but the low quality of the PP favicon always mildly annoyed me, so I retouched it. Feel free to use it (or not).
  6. Porybox is kinda stalled at the moment due to the main contributors being busy with other things. Legality is planned (and there's been some progress), search is planned, along with a number of other features, but at this point, we'll probably need some help to get these things going. If anyone's interested in contributing: https://github.com/porybox/porybox https://github.com/porybox/pokemon-legality-checker
  7. Given 3DS date can be easily changed, that wouldn't be a reliable way to determine which algorithm was used.
  8. Right, I'm aware of those events, thus the "haven't in awhile" part. But they're all so rare that they're difficult to find legitimately (note: I do not consider clones legitimate), and I don't have them. I don't really count Bayleef and Quilava as events either.
  9. It actually has: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_local_Korean_event_Pokémon_distributions_in_Generation_V#Seung_Heon.27s_Cresselia As for mine, I won't bother putting them in any particular order, but... All shiny mythicals, including those that have already had events. Something not too common (like NA wifis/Gamestop codes), but not impossibly rare either. The other shiny Tapus AZ Floette A redistribution of V-Create/Glaciate/Bolt Strike/Blue Flare Victini Things with cool exclusive moves. For example: V-Create Arcanine V-Create Flareon Boomburst/Earth Power/Flamethrower/Follow Me Sylveon Anything else that would be relatively good competitively A set of shiny Kyogre, shiny Groudon, and shiny Rayquaza, with their primal/mega items/move. I was expecting them to do that in gen 6 since they were all black shinies, but nope. Any Absol event. It's one of the only Pokemon that got a mega evo in gen 6 that did not get a gen 6 event. Totally unfair. Other events of my favorites that haven't had events yet, or haven't in awhile: Luxray, Lycanroc-midday, Alola Ninetales, regular and/or shiny Ninetales, Bayleef, Quilava, Growlithe, Vulpix, Castform, Shinx, Minccino, Talonflame, Silvally, shiny Minior Paras. Specifically, Worlds Paras.
  10. @suloku Everything I mentioned definitely applies to gen 6. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe nothing changed in gen 7.
  11. If HA has a chance of being passed, the chance is always 60%. The ability, like the species, is determined by the female. Meaning, HA can only be obtained using a female parent with HA. If the female does not have HA, then the chance for the offspring to obtain HA is 0% regardless of what ability the male has. Using Ditto doesn't change that, except that breeding a male Pokemon with a Ditto results in the male effectively being treated as a female for the purpose of passing species and ability. Long story short: (Same species) HA male + female (no HA) = no chance of HA (Different species) HA male + female (no HA) = no chance of HA HA male + HA female = 60% chance of HA, 20% of ability 1, 20% of ability 2 Male (no HA) + HA female = 60% chance of HA, 20% of ability 1, 20% of ability 2 Bonus: HA male + Ditto = 60% chance of HA, 20% of ability 1, 20% of ability 2 (The last one is the source of much confusion; even Bulbapedia is wrong. However, I am 100% sure of my claim as I have tested it myself, and so has Cu3PO42.)
  12. @theSLAYER, I would consider Cute Charm to be just an unintended RNG mechanic, not a true glitch. So essentially, what you said - "possible to chance upon during normal game-play" - though that seems like an iffy definition.
  13. Technically true, but it's still the case that Mew cannot be shiny without the use of glitches. And glitches shouldn't change legality. Otherwise it'd be possible to get any shiny or any 15/15/15/15 Pokemon.
×
×
  • Create New...