[GEN 3] Mystery Event/Gift Research

@suloku There is a tool I found on this forum for editing and injecting Wonder Cards (gen 4). It seems to work like your tool. Here's a video tutorial where you could see how to use it. (It has link in description): [video=youtube;M0_P-YrU3Fg]

Check it out. Maybe it can help with your tool.

Hi, an user named Morfeo create the official wonder cards 5 years ago, how that mexican guy do that?

Here is the video:

Edit: This guy say in hes video that he dont know nothing about computing, thats why i dont understand how he create it. (Sorry for my english)

Hi, an user named Morfeo create the official wonder cards 5 years ago, how that mexican guy do that?

Here is the video:

Edit: This guy say in hes video that he dont know nothing about computing, thats why i dont understand how he create it. (Sorry for my english)

Those aren't official wonder cards. He hacked them himself.

Yes but someone know how he do that?

The checksum algorithm was figured out by some people in this thread. But they're not releasing it due to the possibility of abuse (edited wonder cards being passed off as real). However the editor suloku is working on will still allow people to make wonder cards without the algorithm being revealed.

I made the tough decision to exclude the checkmark for the German Eon Ticket from the list today.

The reason for this is that I'm 100% sure that the data we have is not identical to the one that was distributed in Europe.

And since we want to have only real distributed Events I think it doesn't makes sense to have it in the list.

However since it's a working Script we could still use it in some way in the Tool.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience and that I had to make this choice.

Also I made changes when it comes to the English Eon Ticket, which I now have separated into 3 versions.

The Eon Ticket that was distributed in America, the e-Card Eon Ticket Version and the Eon Ticket that was distributed in Europe.

In this case however we still have the e-Card version...

Which would count as an official Event and would be "legit" in all English game versions.

Yes i know that morfeo creates the wonder cards but i want it with official text and there is only 4 wonder cards (lugia-ho-oh/Deoxys/Mew/Latios-as) i want Jirachi wc and celebi wc.

There is the channel of a Morfeo's friend that he have all wonder cards: https://www.youtube.com/user/RicRedfeld/videos

Those texts are not official, they are hacked just like the ones Morfeo made. Spanish Old Sea Map and Mystic Ticket as well as such a Celebi or Jirachi event doesn't even exist.

I was unexpectedly able to work on this today and finish implementing save block managing (still need to tweak a little so I can handle any block, not just the wc block, but that's minor).

Anyway, I think the tool is ready for a first release. Right now it can:

* Dump WC3 from savegame (FRLG/Emerald)

* Inject WC3 to savegame (FRLG/Emerald)

It won't dump anything if there's no wondercard in the save (no wondercard is detected by having a 0x00000000 checksum value).

It won't allow injection if the savegame has not mistery gift option enabled. The wc would work even if it is not enabled, but I'd prefer the user to previously enable it in-game for safety.

WC3 Editor can:

* Change card to distributable/no distributable

* Change color

* Change icon (still researching, seems like all 65535 possible icon values have an icon, except 0x00).

* Change text

* Export/dump script so it can be edited with existing scripting tools.

Japanesse support shouldn't be hard to add, but unless someone knows how to detect if the savegame is japanesse, I'll have to add a checkbox and the user will have to manually indicate that it is a japanesse savegame.

I guess the next step would be to release this alongside the legit .wc3 files we already have + the recreated wc3 files we are missing.

By the way, it is important to note that if any contributor appears, it is still far better to contribute the whole savefile rather than just the .wc3 file, unless for some reason the contributor doesn't want to share his save but is comfortable by sharing a dumped .wc3.

Yes i know that morfeo creates the wonder cards but i want it with official text and there is only 4 wonder cards (lugia-ho-oh/Deoxys/Mew/Latios-as) i want Jirachi wc and celebi wc.

There is the channel of a Morfeo's friend that he have all wonder cards: https://www.youtube.com/user/RicRedfeld/videos

ajxpkm has all official Wonder Cards. But they aren't public. As I said some of them are public (German AURORA CARD, American AURORA CARD, European AURORA CARD).

There aren't only 4 and there aren't any Celebi or Jirachi Wonder Card. These Pokemon were distributed with Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc, not with Wonder Spots.

ajxpkm has all official Wonder Cards. But they aren't public. As I said some of them are public (German AURORA CARD, American AURORA CARD, European AURORA CARD).

There aren't only 4 and there aren't any Celebi or Jirachi Wonder Card. These Pokemon were distributed with Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc, not with Wonder Spots.

As far as tickets go, we're only completely missing the American Mystic Ticket for both FR/LG and Emerald (since ajxpkm recently discovered the one he had was hacked). The editor will be nice for people who don't mind having an actual Mystic Ticket card (like me). Now the thing I really want is a DS or GameCube/Wii homebrew app that'll inject Wonder Cards to carts without the need of a PC (a DS tool is preferable due to portability).

Oh...the Mystic Ticket turned out to be hacked?

Someone could try asking Nintendo of America if it's still possible to get the Mystic Ticket. Or was that already done?

I haven't heard anything about people asking NoA about it. Might be worth a shot.

Oh...the Mystic Ticket turned out to be hacked?

Someone could try asking Nintendo of America if it's still possible to get the Mystic Ticket. Or was that already done?

Yes, it was a hack from Mexico. Same as the golden Aurora Ticket.

The Mystic Ticket Mystery Gift I had received was just an hacked Aurora Ticket Mystery Gift.

It was a really poor hack, The only thing that was changed was the Wonder Card.

At least the WC/Event ID was correct and that's maybe why I was falling for it first.

I discovered it while I was researching the Trash Bytes when I was revisiting my files and then I thought the Mystery Gift Script checksum looks pretty familiar.

Then I realised that it has the Aurora Ticket Script tied on it which was nothing but the very same Script as for the official American Aurora Ticket...

In the save file there is an Mystic Ticket in the Bag, but it was appearently activated with another code.

These are videos of the save files:

The hacked golden Aurora Wonder Card.

The fake Mystery Gift Wonder Card.

The golden Aurora Ticket Wonder Card btw. had a lot of leftovers from use of cheat codes in the Mystery Gift area.

It was obvious that this was a hack. Among other things whoever it was also tried to hack an Old Sea Map Wonder Card into the save file.

I like the idea with contacting NOA. Someone could at least ask them if there's a chance to still get an Mystic Ticket.

This way we could also get both of them (FRLG and Emerald) which I think would be nearly impossible otherwise.

I'm still searching for the Mystic Ticket Wonder Card on the net but it doesn't look good.

I was unexpectedly able to work on this today and finish implementing save block managing (still need to tweak a little so I can handle any block, not just the wc block, but that's minor).

Anyway, I think the tool is ready for a first release. Right now it can:

* Dump WC3 from savegame (FRLG/Emerald)

* Inject WC3 to savegame (FRLG/Emerald)

It won't dump anything if there's no wondercard in the save (no wondercard is detected by having a 0x00000000 checksum value).

It won't allow injection if the savegame has not mistery gift option enabled. The wc would work even if it is not enabled, but I'd prefer the user to previously enable it in-game for safety.

WC3 Editor can:

* Change card to distributable/no distributable

* Change color

* Change icon (still researching, seems like all 65535 possible icon values have an icon, except 0x00).

* Change text

* Export/dump script so it can be edited with existing scripting tools.

Japanesse support shouldn't be hard to add, but unless someone knows how to detect if the savegame is japanesse, I'll have to add a checkbox and the user will have to manually indicate that it is a japanesse savegame.

I guess the next step would be to release this alongside the legit .wc3 files we already have + the recreated wc3 files we are missing.

By the way, it is important to note that if any contributor appears, it is still far better to contribute the whole savefile rather than just the .wc3 file, unless for some reason the contributor doesn't want to share his save but is comfortable by sharing a dumped .wc3.

When will tool be released ?

Edit: I was viewing this video:

It is obviously a wc hack (even though he claims it is from a legit nintenso event...) that uses the givepkm script command.

What bothers me is that the card is sent by another trainer, but the received card can't be sent. I wonder if there is some kind of share counter byte or it's simply a part of the video.

A wc that can be shared only on original device would be great for distribution to other gba trough wireless adapter.

EDIT2: I've found it: adding 0x40 instead of 0x80 to the color/distribution byte makes it shareable, but receivers can't share the WC.

Also, I've been wondering how the wc that give pokemon get marked as used, since the ticket ones check for the item and event flag for that.k

Wonder card news editor is already coded and fully working. It was almost the same code as the normal wc editor, so I thought I might put it already in the editor.

I guess next comes mistery event for rs/e, would be interesting to see what happens on non-jap emerald when script from r/s is injected (probably nothing as flags are probably different)

a long time i shared some save files which were prepared to edit the card plus the script not

That would be the source of the mistik ticket hack probably?

UPDATE:

I've been playing a little with WC news and comparing the save before and after sending the news. Some data was written to the 4 bytes that go after the mistery gift survey words (which is stored 0x28 bytes after wc data). I haven't checked this region after sending wondercards, but seems related to this in some way. Maybe it's just some kind of statistics of how many trainers you have connected to.

Edited by suloku