Pokémon Rutile Ruby and Star Sapphire v2.2 (New Luma3DS 7.0+ Drag and Drop supported!)

Dio_Vento

Hey ! I searched deep (google and more..) and can't found any .3ds or .cia file of the game (Rutile ruby). I'm using a sky3ds and have no way to use homebrew or gateway. Can someone tell me how to convert the files into a .3ds file or where can I download a premade .3ds file ?

You cannot use ROM hacks with a Sky 3DS even if you follow the detailed instructions in the original post on how to compile a .3ds file. However, you can use your Sky 3DS as a copy of Cubic Ninja and get Ninjhax running on 10.6.

Edited by Dio_Vento

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! I will begin work on Umbra Moon and Nova Sun (Names subject to change) immediately after beating Sun/Moon this holiday season. The hacks will feature difficulty adjustments and reworked battles similar to Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire, with a focus again being on keeping everything legal for online use while providing easier access to competitive items, EV training, Egg hatching, and a challenging single-player campaign.

oIwho6n.pngX00OYSy.png

Really happy you'll do it!

The first gym of Rutile Ruby was quite a challenge, that Lileep destroyed me so many times, haha. Can't wait for the rest :D

Hello, I was thinking if you could help me with my problem. You see, I have a hacked O3ds with custom firmware (SysNand is on 9.2 for easy homebrewing/hacking and EmuNand is on 10.6). The thing is even with CFW (Custom Firmware) I want to play Rutile Ruby using the save from Omega Ruby, because I want to play normal online when it is necessary so I tried to setup with Braindump/HANS. Unfortunately when I try to setup this using the instructions from this topic both Braindump and HANS simply doesn't recognize any games from my emunand, seems like it only works with the games installed on sysnand and I don't wanna have games on this system because I will not update it since I am using emunand. Hope I made my point clear.

Unfortunately when I try to setup this using the instructions from this topic both Braindump and HANS simply doesn't recognize any games from my emunand, seems like it only works with the games installed on sysnand and I don't wanna have games on this system because I will not update it since I am using emunand. Hope I made my point clear.

Run the HBL from emunand. The easiest way to do this is to use this:

https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/releases

I got up to Step 4 in the tutorial, but there's no RomFS Extractor.exe in the Pack Hack download from the description.

Wait, nevermind. The download in this thread is the correct one. You should really update the video's description with it.

EDIT:

This may seem like a dumb question, but has the location of the move tutors changed at all? I mean, if I wanted to, could my Swampert ever learn Ice Punch before defeating the Champion?

I'm thinking about running a Rain Dance Mega Swampert sweeper, but lacking Ice Punch would mean that Grass-types would stop him cold. I could give him Ice Beam, Power-Up Punch, or maybe even

Hammer Arm, Rock Slide or Stone Edge, but I'd prefer having that sweet icy coverage if I can get it.

Edited by Lithium

I got up to Step 4 in the tutorial, but there's no RomFS Extractor.exe in the Pack Hack download from the description.

Wait, nevermind. The download in this thread is the correct one. You should really update the video's description with it.

EDIT:

This may seem like a dumb question, but has the location of the move tutors changed at all? I mean, if I wanted to, could my Swampert ever learn Ice Punch before defeating the Champion?

I'm thinking about running a Rain Dance Mega Swampert sweeper, but lacking Ice Punch would mean that Grass-types would stop him cold. I could give him Ice Beam, Power-Up Punch, or maybe even

Hammer Arm, Rock Slide or Stone Edge, but I'd prefer having that sweet icy coverage if I can get it.

I was hoping to do something for Tutor and Egg Moves, but sadly I couldn't find a good way to implement them without manually editing every single one into something's movepool. The workaround I suppose is to either trade your Swampert into your main game to visit the Tutor or use PKHeX on your save to edit the move into its moveset.

Hey Dio_Vento,

so i got star sapphire to work flawlessly, I even managed to change some moves/learnset. So for the most part i am gonna play this normally. I see that the rom still needs the cartridge to run and uses the save on the cartridge itself. I am wondering if I can have two versions of star sapphire in homebrew? One which is just hack you made and the other a randomized version? This maybe wrong but would having a second game with a different name on it work?

Thanks BUD!!

Hey Dio_Vento,

so i got star sapphire to work flawlessly, I even managed to change some moves/learnset. So for the most part i am gonna play this normally. I see that the rom still needs the cartridge to run and uses the save on the cartridge itself. I am wondering if I can have two versions of star sapphire in homebrew? One which is just hack you made and the other a randomized version? This maybe wrong but would having a second game with a different name on it work?

Thanks BUD!!

Any versions of the hack you have installed would use the same save file as your default game.

Hey Dio_Vento!

The more and more I try to figure out how to unpqck, rebuild, and repack a ROM the more I realize just how over my head it is.

Do you happen to know of any video tutorial of how to do it?

I'm still wanting to run Star Sapphire on my Gateway. And I'm sure I'll want to to run Nova Sun or Umbra Moon too :3

Hey Dio_Vento!

The more and more I try to figure out how to unpqck, rebuild, and repack a ROM the more I realize just how over my head it is.

Do you happen to know of any video tutorial of how to do it?

I'm still wanting to run Star Sapphire on my Gateway. And I'm sure I'll want to to run Nova Sun or Umbra Moon too :3

There's a video tutorial on repackaging for HANS in my OP, the procedure is mostly the same although you don't want to trim out the first 1000 lines of ROMFS. Read my Gateway instructions in the OP, I don't know of any video tutorials for rebuilding a .3ds or .cia file.

There's a video tutorial on repackaging for HANS in my OP, the procedure is mostly the same although you don't want to trim out the first 1000 lines of ROMFS. Read my Gateway instructions in the OP, I don't know of any video tutorials for rebuilding a .3ds or .cia file.

Ugh, I'm so bad at this. Hahaha I'm getting there, I think. But oh man, I'm struggling.

Also, I went to redownload the Distribution folder, and this happened:

"File Removed for Violation.

The file you requested has been removed from MediaFire for a violation of our Terms of Service.

This file has been taken down by:

File Name: Star Sapphire - Distribution.zip (69.17 MB)

Company: Nintendo of America Inc.

Email: jason.allen@noa.nintendo.com

Address: 4600 150th Avenue N.E., Redmond, WA 98052

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance."

If you google that email (jason.allen@noa.nintendo.com), it seems that that is a non-actual claim - other mediafire claims from that alleged source were successfully counter-claimed, on the basis that that person was last employed by nintendo in '08... (see said googling for full info there)

Is there a "proper" way to shut down this game and/or my system? I cant seem to get back to the homebrew launcher and my home button is defunct because Im using the home button exploit for homebrew.

Currently Im pressing my power button once which turns off the screen, and then pressing it again which brings up my 3ds home menu. From here I press the power button a 3rd time and turn off the system regularly. I just want to verify the quality of this method as I dont want to corrupt anything.

Thank you in advance.

Is there a "proper" way to shut down this game and/or my system? I cant seem to get back to the homebrew launcher and my home button is defunct because Im using the home button exploit for homebrew.

Currently Im pressing my power button once which turns off the screen, and then pressing it again which brings up my 3ds home menu. From here I press the power button a 3rd time and turn off the system regularly. I just want to verify the quality of this method as I dont want to corrupt anything.

Thank you in advance.

I think you can hold down L+R+Down+B for a few seconds to return to the homebrew menu. From there you can either restart the system to get back into the system menu, launch another game with Hans, or I think you can also press the power button to turn off the console.

I think you can hold down L+R+Down+B for a few seconds to return to the homebrew menu. From there you can either restart the system to get back into the system menu, launch another game with Hans, or I think you can also press the power button to turn off the console.

Works perfectly. Cheers

That one's been taken down as well.

Not on my end. Does it explicitly say it's been taken down for copyright?

Nevermind- I logged out, and it has indeed been removed. Nice that they don't tell you.

So... I guess we wait, then.