SciresM's ORAS tools (RSWE/RSTE)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there any plans on making it so the tool can open a .3ds rom directly, without the need of going through the process of first decrypting, then extracting the Garc, the repacking and eventually encrypting the rom again?

Decrypting absolutely requires a 3DS.

Even in the NDS era we had to unpack ROMs to edit; unpacking/repacking takes time so it's best to do those computational steps only once.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I've been posting in random forums, trying to find the answer to my questions: Maybe you can help?

1. If I want to edit the wild Pokemon in OR/AS, what are the EXACT steps I need to do? I have the game I backed up using GW, but in order to be able to edit the rom, I need to get the encdata and I'm unsure on how to access it from the rom. I tried using GarcTool, but it tells me the game hasn't been decompressed. Can someone do a huge favor for me and make a tutorial or something? I'd very much appreciate it :)

2. As mentioned above, I use GW and am curious if after editing the rom, it will run on FW 9.2? Or will it only work in 4.X FW?

Thanks!

Thanks dude. Helped me a lot.

I was wondering, is there a way to edit/randomize starter pokemons in X/Y/ORAS

Not yet, afaik. There's also not a way to edit overworld items for the time being.

Hey also, I'm trying to open this Garc file for RSWE, but it wants me to select a folder, and not a file. I was given a copy of the garc file that's used to change encounters, but when I got it, it didn't come with a file type. It was just A103. Shouldn't it be A103.garc or something like that? Also, the program throws an error at me if the file location includes too many subfolders. Just fyi.

Edit: NVM I figured it out :P

Another couple noobish questions:

1. I have a backup of my Omega Ruby 3DS rom. What are the steps I need to take to have access to the Garc? Like, how do I go from 3ds > Decrypt it > Garc Files?

2. How do I go from having Garc to essentially rebuilding the Rom itself, so like what tools would I need? So, from Garc > 3DS rom (or cia)

3. Is there a tutorial on this? So you guys don't have me asking a million questions?

Thanks!

Edit: I have the Xorpads already downloaded. Can I do anything with those?

I was messing around with both program.....and yes dexnav freeze the game but not if you leave the original pokemon that can be found in the area alone like two zigagoon-change the other to rattata..but still leave one....adding more than 5 or 6 differnet pokemon to an area---the dexnav will not show all the pokemon......

Trainer editor is great but if you edit someone and decide to go back to edit again...it give you an error and you can edit him/her again unless you start a new one but not for the pk3ds version you can go back and edit again..

other than that....great program........not something a noob can easily learn but I did it and so can you...

remember google is your friend

The DexNav only freezes if it tries to load more than 18 different species. That is, if you have 19 or more different Pokémon in an area (INCLUDING differing locations e.g. Wooper in Grass and Surf counts as 2) then the game will freeze as you try to load the DexNav (or the area, should you already have it open).

If you have 18 or below, then you should be fine, although it seems like it still runs out of space on the map and some Pokémon won't be DexNavable (I'm not sure what causes this specifically yet).

To be specific, Grass+Swarm counts as one encounter space. Surf is the second, and I think fishing is a third but I might be wrong. So assuming that's correct, you can have the same Pokémon appear on the DexNav up to 3 times, so watch out how you place them!

Errors when trying to edit with RSTE are because of some awkward coding with the Forme bit I think, if you highlight it and press down and then save it should be ok, even if the actual word doesn't change (you can see a very quick flicker over the IV/Gender/Ability bits if it fixes it).

Hopefully the Randomizer will be tweaked to keep the DexNav from breaking. ;)

Little off topic, but really hoping that randomizer added to the Personal Editor eventually has an option of only randomizing abilities. The one in PK3DS (and I assume the standalone version if that's still being updated) only has the option of randomizing everything including typings. I'm not really going to do a full on ultimate randomizer, so it's the only reason I haven't randomized that part of the rom yet. :P

The DexNav only freezes if it tries to load more than 18 different species. That is, if you have 19 or more different Pokémon in an area (INCLUDING differing locations e.g. Wooper in Grass and Surf counts as 2) then the game will freeze as you try to load the DexNav (or the area, should you already have it open).

If you have 18 or below, then you should be fine, although it seems like it still runs out of space on the map and some Pokémon won't be DexNavable (I'm not sure what causes this specifically yet).

To be specific, Grass+Swarm counts as one encounter space. Surf is the second, and I think fishing is a third but I might be wrong. So assuming that's correct, you can have the same Pokémon appear on the DexNav up to 3 times, so watch out how you place them!

Errors when trying to edit with RSTE are because of some awkward coding with the Forme bit I think, if you highlight it and press down and then save it should be ok, even if the actual word doesn't change (you can see a very quick flicker over the IV/Gender/Ability bits if it fixes it).

Gee, that's pretty nice to know ;)

Guess the randomizer will have to be made a little bit smarter...

Also, the intent of pk3DS is to obsolete our existing tools and unite them under one program. We like to have our stuff open source so that others may contribute (doesn't really happen), but yeah... we'll eventually get around to making smarter randomizers when the flavor of the week is less savory.

Sorry for asking these nooby questions, but how does this work?

I've never tried decrypting or anything like that, so that explains my noobyness.

Hopefully, somebody can be kind enough to tell me the process.

Thanks in advance. :)

i suggest you read all of them (other pp.org thread and especially on gbatemp, 3ds hacking translation section) , i think is easy to follow for noob (not lazy one :P). someone (asia8 iirc) already posted tutorial for it, please find it. and many gbatemp user already make simple tutorial.

I am trying to open pcdata.bin (a bin file) into rswe and rste but it wont let me. it only lets me open folders. Can someone tell me what to do? Your help is very much appreciated. :) (P.S., I am new to the forums so i have no idea how much of this stuff works)