PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

OK, I think i've whittled down what's causing my traceback problem, I don't seem to be able to write new functions or movements, only edit existing ones. Editing scripts is fine as long as I add them to the script order box, but I recieve the traceback message I posted on the previous page when I attempt to add new functions or scripts.

Is this a bug, and are you expecting to fix this in a later release?

You can add movements and functions, however if they are not used in the scripts, they will disappear when saved. So you may consider adding an empty script using all those functions and movements (just don't use the script). And also, you do need a line break at the very end, or else it won't save.

Really thanks for all your effort, Alpha and SCV. You're really doing a great job!

I've got one question. You know how the Hero and the Rival have variable names, right?

Say I called my Hero Ash. When I save the game, the Hero variable name looks like this: Ash )*)@*&$, with all these weird tokens behind it.

@Alpha, we talked about this before iirc, but are you able to solve this in a later version?

ÁND, what is the variable for the hero and the rival? It should be something like:

\v0103ぁ\x0000\x0000 for the Rival

\v0103ぁ\x0001\x0000 for the Hero

But these don't work completely. Thanks a lot in advance, my game looks kinda buggy with all those variable names messed up.

Variable names have been completely updated in the most recent versions. A rival or hero's name (both use same type) now is \v0103\z0000. Those can be set by setvarhero and setvarrival in the script editor.

Seriously? Wow, that is very convenient!

So if I put in \v0103\z0000, it will not get buggy in the Text Editor?

Seriously? Wow, that is very convenient!

So if I put in \v0103\z0000, it will not get buggy in the Text Editor?

Well, first make sure you are using the current version. If you open a map and the text editor's variables don't look like that, then you need to upgrade. The format is \vXXXX followed by any number of \zXXXX where X is any number.

Well, first make sure you are using the current version. If you open a map and the text editor's variables don't look like that, then you need to upgrade. The format is \vXXXX followed by any number of \zXXXX where X is any number.

I just downloaded it again from the first post and all I see are formats like;

\v0100\z0002\z0000

\v0103\z0000\z0000

Is that right?

Oh and another thing! You know how some Routes have two parts, right? For example, Route 212 has a Part A and a Part B.

I can't seem to edit both parts anymore -- only Part B. Earlier versions of PPRE have the A and B behind them, but that's gone now, too, it seems.

Do you maybe know why this is? Or did I screw something up?

I just downloaded it again from the first post and all I see are formats like;

\v0100\z0002\z0000

\v0103\z0000\z0000

Is that right?

Oh and another thing! You know how some Routes have two parts, right? For example, Route 212 has a Part A and a Part B.

I can't seem to edit both parts anymore -- only Part B. Earlier versions of PPRE have the A and B behind them, but that's gone now, too, it seems.

Do you maybe know why this is? Or did I screw something up?

Those variables are correct.

Unfortunately, I came across this bug a little while ago with gyms like that. I'll add a fix too, I had forgotten about it for a while now.

Those variables are correct.

Unfortunately, I came across this bug a little while ago with gyms like that. I'll add a fix too, I had forgotten about it for a while now.

Thanks a lot! Hopefully you can edit that bug (about Part A / B from Routes) for next version.

Thanks again.

Sorry for Double Post, but, else you might not see this update, lol.

@Alpha, filling in \v0103\z0000 for every variable name doesn't work... For example:

error.png

How do I fix this?

UPDATE: Oh damn, I should try myself first. I already found it..

For Rival: \v0103\z0000

For Hero: \v0103\z0001

I was messing up a heartgold (U) rom with this.

This is cool : D

Changed alot of johto routes to include pokemon like houndour and whatnot, gave gym leaders more suiting teams (evolving a magnemite and changing the other one to skarmory for 6th one), added level up/item evolutions for trade evo pokes etc

The only problem I have encountered till now is that I can't change wild pokemon on route 37.

I change them around, hit the save button, change to another route, go back to 37 and it's got the original stuff D:

Also there is no delay when clicking save, unlike normally when the prog freezes for half a sec or such.

Oh and on route 36 appears an script error when saving, tough it doesnt seem to not have any consequences xD

EDIT: tried changing route 37 on soulsilver, works. But the script error on 36 is there xD

Thanks Alpha, that was a great help :)

However, I still have some problems saving some maps, including Rowan's Lab and Jubilife City.

Whenever I press the save changes button, I get this error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "ppre.pyw", line 2110, in updateMap

UnboundLocalError: local variable 'e' referenced before assignment

whether I have changed anything or not. Any suggestions (I have tried what you mentioned in your previous response on these maps and the error message still remain)

P.S. I am editing Pearl

Hi Alpha.

I've got a little question. To make the programme more convenient, could you implement something like this?:

In the Map Editor > Events > Overworlds > Sprite, you see a number. For example, 4 gives a Youngster Overworld Sprite. Couldn't you change the numbers to real text? For example, a drop-down menu which has all the overworld sprites?

That would be very convenient. I already have the list with overworld sprites!

Hey folks. Must say, awesome tool! Can't wait for the true final version!

I haven't played around with it much but can it (or will it in the future) allow me to add more trainer battles to the ROM? EG. say I wanted more Rival battles etc.

By the way, in PPRE, there are a few bugs I've stumbled across. In the Edit Pokemon section, on the Main tab, you cannot save your changes to the Name of the Pokemon, nor the Description (type) of the Pokemon. Please fix this in the next release.

Also, I tried Poketext to extract the pokemon.xml, edited it, and reuploaded, putting "true" to editing, and it patched. When I re-download it, it's as if nothing changed about it.

By the way, in PPRE, there are a few bugs I've stumbled across. In the Edit Pokemon section, on the Main tab, you cannot save your changes to the Name of the Pokemon, nor the Description (type) of the Pokemon. Please fix this in the next release.

I wouldn't call it a bug. Those haven't been implemented yet. They will be programmed in a later time, I assure you.

I wouldn't call it a bug. Those haven't been implemented yet. They will be programmed in a later time, I assure you.

Alright, sweet. By the way, is there a project release date for the next update?

Also, where would I post if I'm having trouble with a certain script/function?