PPRE: Project Pokemon's ROM Editor

It should not matter where the file is as long as the whole package is in one place. You need to navigate to the desktop in the command line. If you just open the command line and type python ppre.pyw then it won't work because it won't find the file. There is something called py2app for OS X that allows you to package the files into an app. I used py2exe on windows to make the python source into an exe (c.f. http://svn.pythonmac.org/py2app/py2app/trunk/doc/index.html ) Hope that helps.

Hey scv do you know where or how i can learn to make warps on a map?

Alpha helped me with getting to palkia/dialgas room at spear pillar and the only way to do it was to make warps on the map so i was just woundering if theres a guide to do this or if theres an easy way to expain it if you can help i would appreciate it

Did you have to make up that username just to try and get SCV's help re-download it and it will work works perfectly for me.

Well, actually I thought of hacking Pokemon Platinum, so I searched and I found this thread...

I joined Project Pokemon only for that reason, and I couldn't think of any other username, so I just name it :

'SCVgeohelpmeplz'...

Well, actually I thought of hacking Pokemon Platinum, so I searched and I found this thread...

I joined Project Pokemon only for that reason, and I couldn't think of any other username, so I just name it :

'SCVgeohelpmeplz'...

Re-download the file please.

Hey scv do you know where or how i can learn to make warps on a map?

Alpha helped me with getting to palkia/dialgas room at spear pillar and the only way to do it was to make warps on the map so i was just woundering if theres a guide to do this or if theres an easy way to expain it if you can help i would appreciate it

Adding warps is going to be a bit difficult right now, because not only must you put a warp in the events bu also set the map permissions to allow a warp at that location.

I read through the thread maybe i missed it.. but is editing pokemon locations funcitional? i edited one pokemon on Route 202, using the first slot out of 12(which would be the 20% encounter slot) and nothing has appeared. could just be that im impatient seeing as it has saved my changes.

my real question is if i want to create a script to give me the other two starters, and i use a random npc in a pokemon center who only has one line of text(making it easier on my noob self) do i need to create an event in the overworld part?? ive never scripted before and am just playing around by using the give pokemon porygon script in veilstone. Just want to know what i need to recreate other than the script and text changes

And keep up the good work, i've been following this thread for quite a few months now. this is def a great deal.

I read through the thread maybe i missed it.. but is editing pokemon locations funcitional? i edited one pokemon on Route 202, using the first slot out of 12(which would be the 20% encounter slot) and nothing has appeared. could just be that im impatient seeing as it has saved my changes.
Certain slots get overwritten at different times of the day. You might have edited and tested at a time when that slot was overwritten.
my real question is if i want to create a script to give me the other two starters, and i use a random npc in a pokemon center who only has one line of text(making it easier on my noob self) do i need to create an event in the overworld part?? ive never scripted before and am just playing around by using the give pokemon porygon script in veilstone. Just want to know what i need to recreate other than the script and text changes
If you are using an already existing NPC they you don't need to create a new event. Just find the corresponding script and edit it.
And keep up the good work, i've been following this thread for quite a few months now. this is def a great deal.

Thanks.

Re-download the file please.

Yeah, I did re-download it, and it worked!

Thanks!

Oh yeah, and I was editing Pokemon Platinum, and I got an error...

Here's what I exactly did:-

1. Extracted the files in a location where NitroExplorer2b and my Pokemon Platinum ROM was....

2. Set the .narc files in their appropriate locations....

3. Opened it and typed my ROM name.nds......

4. Clicked on "Pokemon".....

5. Then I edited Mew.....

6. Then I closed it, and typed my ROM name.nds in the "Write ROM" section....

7. Then as soon as I closed PPRE, it prompted me to take a look at the log file and the .txt file name "ppre.exe" said this:-

TypeError: updatehp() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

TypeError: updateatk() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

TypeError: updatedef() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

TypeError: updatespd() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

TypeError: updatespdef() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

TypeError: updatespatk() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

Can you help me?

Certain slots get overwritten at different times of the day. You might have edited and tested at a time when that slot was overwritten.

If you are using an already existing NPC they you don't need to create a new event. Just find the corresponding script and edit it.

Thanks.

Just to further test.. I changed every slot for route 202, all 12 slots(which are the corresponding percentage rate for anytime-- 20,20,10,10,10,10,5,5,4,4,1,1), the morning and daytime slots since its 930am here and I don't know when morning turns to day in the game, to be Pichu. I click save changes, close out, type my rom name, and hit write rom, and close. open my rom.. and even though I should only be finding Pichu, I encounter Starly, Bidoof, and Shinx when they aren't even mentioned in route 202 after me editing it. And Pichu is no where to be found. Am I doing something wrong? Has anyone reported any problems with the wild pokemon editor?

I've played with the DP WPDES tool on my diamond game, and it had always been successful in editing any locations pokemon.

pyroshocker: I'll look into it once I get home from work. Or if Alpha has time before me, I'll ask if he can look into it.

btw when you write ROM you have to put the name of the new rom and make sure you open that one; and of course make a copy of your save with that name. I would not overwrite the original clean rom. Rather use a second (or more) to test.

pyroshocker: I'll look into it once I get home from work. Or if Alpha has time before me, I'll ask if he can look into it.

btw when you write ROM you have to put the name of the new rom and make sure you open that one; and of course make a copy of your save with that name. I would not overwrite the original clean rom. Rather use a second (or more) to test.

Does the ROM I'm writing to have to appear in the same folder as ppre and the ROM I'm setting?

Does the ROM I'm writing to have to appear in the same folder as ppre and the ROM I'm setting?

The ROM you are writing to is created with the same name as what you type to the left of that button. If it already exists it overwrites it. Yes in the same directory as PPRE.

The ROM you are writing to is created with the same name as what you type to the left of that button. If it already exists it overwrites it. Yes in the same directory as PPRE.

Nothing I edit is changing. Maybe I'm not understanding the steps. I have one ROM.. pokemon platinum, if I rename it two different things, using one to set the rom and edit, and the other to write to.. it should work?

Nothing I edit is changing. Maybe I'm not understanding the steps. I have one ROM.. pokemon platinum, if I rename it two different things, using one to set the rom and edit, and the other to write to.. it should work?

What you are using to edit is the tmp folder.

Example:

I have pkmpl.nds. Setting the rom, creates a tmp_pkmpl directory. All the edits happen there.

When I finish, I write to pkmplmodified.nds.

I open pkmplmodified.nds in an emulator to see the changes.

It will automatically.

The way to check if the program is actually editing. Is to close the program. Then re-open it. Go to where you made the changes and see if you see your changes or the old data. If you see your changes, then you're not opening the right nds file. If you don't see your changes then we are not saving this correctly. Please let us know which it is.

It will automatically.

The way to check if the program is actually editing. Is to close the program. Then re-open it. Go to where you made the changes and see if you see your changes or the old data. If you see your changes, then you're not opening the right nds file. If you don't see your changes then we are not saving this correctly. Please let us know which it is.

I'm not understanding. I have my ROM, platinum.nds. I have it in a folder titled ppre, which has everything from ur zip, along w/ my rom. i open ppre, type in platinum.nds. edit whatever, so far i edited route 202, to have Pichu, and a house in sandgem town to give me Chimchar. i hit save for both of these, close the box. i need to know what to type for write to, and if before i do that, what i need to make a copy of, my .SAV isn't important, istarted a new .SAV to test things. so do i make a copy of the rom?

my changes are there, i just dont understand what to do after i've edited things.