Jirachi in Japan the 19th June

You can't do it at home.

NTR-AAQE-USA, this is weird...

It's distributed on wi-fi, but only at those two kinds of spots... not on just ANY wi-fi connection. Pretty strange...

The original advert I looked at was pretty vague about it, but this new one seems to be quite thorough. I still don't understand WHY it's like this, and not just a normal wireless distribution. Maybe Download Spot and Nintendo Zone aren't compatible of running a mystery gift distro AND their normal functions full time? That's gotta be it, right?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, maybe this things work like a Nintendo Wifi-Connector so any Nintendo DS can connect to the internet easily.

And if a game checks the servers for a gift the server won't give it to a DS which isn't connected through that Nintendo-Spot.

Or something like that :P

That is basically what those things are supposed to do. My hunch is that it can't do that AND the mystery gift wireless distro at the same time, so that's why they have to do it through wi-fi. And you're probably right about that, the server will probably only send it to those connected through those specific spots.

It looks like this Nintendo Zone thing is brand new for Japan and will be starting on June 19th, and THAT's why I haven't seen any.

Not sure which stores will be getting it, but probably a lot.

Anyone know how common they are in the US? They were supposed to launch there a while ago, I think... or maybe that was talking about Japan and it just took forever, I dunno.

Anyway, positive news!

I just checked the official site and the electronics store that is literally a 10 min walk from my apartment has several wii and DS demo units... and also a Nintendo Wi-Fi Station(!). I'll try and pick up Jirachi after work on Friday.

That is basically what those things are supposed to do. My hunch is that it can't do that AND the mystery gift wireless distro at the same time, so that's why they have to do it through wi-fi. And you're probably right about that, the server will probably only send it to those connected through those specific spots.

It looks like this Nintendo Zone thing is brand new for Japan and will be starting on June 19th, and THAT's why I haven't seen any.

Not sure which stores will be getting it, but probably a lot.

Anyone know how common they are in the US? They were supposed to launch there a while ago, I think... or maybe that was talking about Japan and it just took forever, I dunno.

Anyway, positive news!

I just checked the official site and the electronics store that is literally a 10 min walk from my apartment has several wii and DS demo units... and also a Nintendo Wi-Fi Station(!). I'll try and pick up Jirachi after work on Friday.

Cool :)

As far as I know, those things were for about a year in japanese McDonalds.

You could get a special Pikachu there.

That Pikachu was only at a handful of McD's in western Tokyo (aka, the middle of farm town). It COULD have been a regular wireless distro (and I remember reading about it at the time, so I think it probably was because I don't remember hearing anything weird about the wi-fi back then...

BUT

This page

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/nintendozone/index.html

says the Nintendo Zone launches on 6.19

Soooo... I guess it could be either way.

It could be brand new, or it could just be an expanded (or newER) service compared to what they used to have. There's going to be things like coupons and junk.

Well, the service at McDonalds was called Nintendo SPOT.

Maybe this is something different but i could be wrong, I just remember that at those Restaurants was a white BOX hanging around with a DSLite symbol, which was distributing Pikachu.

mcdonaldsnintendospot57704.jpg

Picture stolen from some japanese blog. :redface:

You can't do it at home.

NTR-AAQE-USA, this is weird...

It's distributed on wi-fi, but only at those two kinds of spots... not on just ANY wi-fi connection. Pretty strange...

The original advert I looked at was pretty vague about it, but this new one seems to be quite thorough. I still don't understand WHY it's like this, and not just a normal wireless distribution. Maybe Download Spot and Nintendo Zone aren't compatible of running a mystery gift distro AND their normal functions full time? That's gotta be it, right?

Google traduction sucks, I had known bad because this traduction wasn't correct in French

Well, the service at McDonalds was called Nintendo SPOT.

Maybe this is something different but i could be wrong, I just remember that at those Restaurants was a white BOX hanging around with a DSLite symbol, which was distributing Pikachu.

mcdonaldsnintendospot57704.jpg

Picture stolen from some japanese blog. :redface:

Yeah, that should be it. It distributes it though the ROM and I guess they put in there to keep it protected and have it charging all day.

Soooooooo.....

Evidently those jerks misled me.

It turns out the reason you needed to get it by wi-fi at the hotspots was because it's a wi-fi event... -_-;;

They shoulda just said that in the first place, ya know... instead of trying to trick me into going to a McDonald's.

It also looks like it was made available a couple hours early.

Well, Jirachi isn't really a thought to me anymore since it really was made widely available via Wi-Fi. I'm more interested in the Pikachu colored Pichu that will be released later today.

I already have the Pokémon but not the Wondercard. :P

I will get it later this day or this night.

A while back (when it was 11pm, June 18, Singapore) I used the a japanese platinum to go into the Nintendo WiFi (using my wireless connection), and I was able to get the Jirachi!

This is because at that point, its 12am in Japan!

So as long as you have a wireless connection compatible with Nintendo WiFi,

and a Jap cart for DPt, you'll be able to download your own Jirachi.

EDIT: Both Jap and USA game saves is compatible with each other.

I'm waiting for the PCPichu, which will be out probably in the afternoon, (its 1am here).

I got Jirachi, too, from home and I don't live in Japan (I live in Spain). So, if you have any japanese version, you can download it.

EDIT: Both Jap and USA game saves is compatible with each other.

Also, European game saves.

No, and no offense to anyone, but they've been slow to update the main site with a lot of the news recently. No problems with that though. People have lives, and I'm sure they like to make sure they have all the facts first before posting inaccurate stuff as soon as it pops up.

Looks like I'll have to wait until someone kind enough uploads it and I can make an AR code out of it since I have the english games lol!

Oh well, at least its a day early for me. I thought the event was coming out on the 19th and where I am its the 18th xD

Hopefully the Pichu can come out soon too!

No, and no offense to anyone, but they've been slow to update the main site with a lot of the news recently. No problems with that though. People have lives, and I'm sure they like to make sure they have all the facts first before posting inaccurate stuff as soon as it pops up.

They're just on the different timezone, they'll update it by the time they're free ...

Anyway qwerty15, you can download the Jirachi from a couple of page back, it's posted by DanteKoriyu and d0ck...

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

Looks like I'll have to wait until someone kind enough uploads it and I can make an AR code out of it since I have the english games lol!

Oh well, at least its a day early for me. I thought the event was coming out on the 19th and where I am its the 18th xD

Hopefully the Pichu can come out soon too!

It has been uploaded, check the page before this or at the Event Contribution Thread...