Introduction of Egg Pokemon?

Greencat

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did?

Wow. I'm gonna have to look that up sometime, just to see the fish. If there's normal animals, that means they don't eat Miltanks or Magikarps. Yesh.

Anyways... back on topic, either Nintendo will rediscover the egg, or they'll end up just giving you one. Like Cynthia or Riley.

Here's what I think; If Nintendo put a hiker in Hearthome to tell you about the discovery in Johto, then it might have been an indication to the remake having the egg discovery again. If a child has never heard of Johto, then having a hiker confuse kids by mentioning it would be as confusing as rediscovering the egg, because kids will think Johto is a new region, and a new game can't discover something from an old game.

Sorry I forgot but they might have to think of a way to implement the incense.

Well it wasn't explained how they discovered that it worked to uncover new baby pokemon. Maybe they will in this game.

Edited by Greencat

I think they will change the story up a little. This may be a remake, but this isn't the first time eggs have seen. Heck we had them in FR/LG and they weren't in the originals! So the way eggs where discovered in the original would just be plain stupid in my honest opinion and I have been with pokemon since day one *old fart of 22 here haha*

Remakes are just that. A remake. It is NEVER %100 percent true to the original or it wouldn't be a remake, it would be a re release. If you want the OLD G/S get out your old one and play. If the battery died replace it. HG/SS are NOT going to be an exact copy of G/S plain and simple.

And Floot, your making kids way to stupid just for the sake of your "nostalgia" you always go on about. The only thing that wouldn't make sense would be to make it the old way and not some new way. Acting like eggs never existed before even though we have them in EVER OTHER GAME including FR/LG would be the dumbest thing in GameFreak history. Even kids who haven't played G/S because they were younger still know what Johto is :/

For whatever reason, the various Pokemon Professors hadn't yet discovered that Pokemon can breed just like any other biological lifeform (duh, guys :P).

In Solaceon Town, there is an NPC who will tell you that "no one has ever seen a Pokémon lay an egg, so no one knows if they actually do lay eggs". Supposedly something could just be leaving the eggs there.

Yeah.

I know.

:S

I think they will change the story up a little. This may be a remake, but this isn't the first time eggs have seen. Heck we had them in FR/LG and they weren't in the originals! So the way eggs where discovered in the original would just be plain stupid in my honest opinion and I have been with pokemon since day one *old fart of 22 here haha*

Remakes are just that. A remake. It is NEVER %100 percent true to the original or it wouldn't be a remake, it would be a re release. If you want the OLD G/S get out your old one and play. If the battery died replace it. HG/SS are NOT going to be an exact copy of G/S plain and simple.

And Floot, your making kids way to stupid just for the sake of your "nostalgia" you always go on about. The only thing that wouldn't make sense would be to make it the old way and not some new way. Acting like eggs never existed before even though we have them in EVER OTHER GAME including FR/LG would be the dumbest thing in GameFreak history. Even kids who haven't played G/S because they were younger still know what Johto is :/

I never said I wanted this to be a 100% faithful remake. I said that I wanted the game to at least stay faithful to the story, but change it around a little, sort of like Fire Red and Leaf Green. And if a kid was never able to play the Johto games and started playing a game that already has eggs, wouldn't they be confused that someone told them the discovery took place in Johto? Especially since it happens to be the upcoming game which will cause even more confusion making kids think this is a new region. Not all kids starting off at any random Pokémon game is going to know there was a Johto. Wouldn't it make more sense to rediscover the egg? Maybe even add a few details on baby Pokémon that are born when the parents are holding an item.

Fire Red and Leaf Green were made after Gold and Silver. Gold and Silver took place three years after Red and Blue. They tore down the mimic girl's house for a magnet train station. Where was that in the remakes? The remakes did not utilize the train station, which must mean these were FAITHFUL REMAKES. Like I said, there will obviously be major changes to storyline, but it will stay faithful to the story.

I still say they wont rediscover the eggs. Like Penny said, this isn't ten years ago. It seems so stupid to discover something that has already been discovered. All they need to say instead of "hey we have no idea what this is blah blah" they say " we found a pokemon egg, but don't know whats inside. BTW did you know pokemon eggs where discovered here?" There confusion ended.

I highly doubt there will be confusion even amongst little kids about HGSS being a new game vs a remake. Everywhere it says Heart Gold and Soul Silver are remakes of the old versions. What I'm really going to be interested in is how in the friggen world is Cynthia walking around in Jhoto? Its gotta be some Dialga event since she is not in that timeline, unless they say its Cynthia as a kid (which in the anime she looks around 20 ish so it could be her when she was younger).

I'm guessing they will say something like 'We're not sure what is in this egg' 'Eggs where discovered here in Jhoto' etc etc. If they act like its years before Sinnoh yet we can still go on WiFi and battle/trade with plat without the magical time traveling device Bill makes there might be too much confusion, unless like in the FRLG remakes they pull a 'well we cant trade with PCs far away so we gotta do an update'. Perhaps Bill will make his time traveling trading and battling machine and thus unlock HGSS WiFi so we can comminucate with games 'from the future'.

If they do pull a 'We have no clue what this is!' line and hand me an egg, I'm going to crack it open on their face and show them the pokemon fetus. Perhaps the professors just beleived pokemon reproduced asexually, and the genders of them were just for kicks?

Then again in the Power of One movie when 'all the pokemon in the world are gathering here' yet every one of them was Kanto pokemon (Which made me laugh), or how Paul went through Jhoto with a Turtwig, Paul watched a battle with a Hoenn fronteir brain with his Turtwig.

Though a lot of this is solved by pointing to Dialga and Palkia and say 'They brought Cynthia here' or 'They have allowed you (the trainer) to go back in time and stop Team Rocket in Jhoto'.

Then again I think most people will agree that Team Rocket is petty compaired to Team Galatic who plot to destroy the universe...

"By Arceus they cut off a Slowpoke's Tail and sold it to a guy!"

vs

"Umm, wait... You're going to destroy the universe and become a god?"

Team Rocket better be doing something better then the standard Bidoof Abuse if I'm going to travel back in time to stop them. Heck I could be bringing my own Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina out on Mt Cornet and becoming a god myself then waste time on those losers... Though due to Jhoto being my favorite region of all time, I will get the remakes even if the Professors can be replaced by a 10 year old kid.

AlbinoDrow, you seem to be confused on the Pokemon timeline. FRLG take place at roughly the same time as RSE, and DPPt take place at roughly the same time as HGSS. There is no problem with Cynthia being in Johto as she is. The opening of Diamond and Pearl shows a news report on the Red Gyarados of Johto, so the events of DPPt start sometime shortly after the halfway mark of the main story of Johto.

I'm sure they'll work around the egg introduction, as you said and probably talk about how they discovered eggs in johto, but they had never seen one like this specific one before.

BTW, Anime-wise, the Frontier Brains were in Kanto. =P

My guessed timeline and theories:

Red, Blue (Or Green), Yellow started the Pokemon world. Not many things were known, like breeding, training, etc, but people still had the basic understanding of getting a pokemon from the wild and training it to obey,

Gold, Silver, Crystal happened 3 years after RBY where there was the discovery of eggs and pokemon breeding. Trainers now understood how to breed pokemon to get baby forms, or pass on moves. The Pokevirus was also discovered sometime around here, along with Trainers having their Pokemon hold berries. Unique pokeballs were created and used.

Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald happened on a close timeline of GSC. Perhaps a few years afterwards where new pokeballs, breeding, and such were now frequently used by trainers. The discovery of powerful legendary pokemon created cults (Team Magma and Aqua) where they tried to catch the legendary for their own use. Sadly a new trainer beat them with ease and shot down the ill planned ideas before they ruined the world by getting Rayquaza to rebalance the world of earth and water and send the raging legends back to sleep (where soon afterwards the lone trainer went and caught them for personal use).

FireRed and LeafGreen, as remakes happened along the same timeline of RBY, with a few changes that could have easily happend in the pokemon world (New E4, etc). Trainers could have their pokemon hold berries (which were actually quite hard to get in FRLG since there was no time or areas to plant them) but it wasnt until the discovery of hold item uses was this very popular. My theory is that before the discovery a few people did watch wild pokemon hold things and occasionally use them in battle, so had their own pokemon do the same.

It wasnt until the Islands Opened up (which happens after the E4) fully where there was a day care center for trainers to leave 2 pokemon at. My theory is that durring the lone trainer travels, different from the RBY lone trainer's, this trainer knew more about pokemon (thus hold items) though didnt know too much about breeding until the grand discovery. A theory here would be that it took a few years for this trainer to not only beat all 8 gyms and defeat the E4, but also complete Bill's machine to link with trainers in RSE where Hoenn was just starting to boom. After the link and team rocket finally being put down for rest in Kanto the trainer could then devote time to pokemon breeding if desired.

Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum was a time of trouble for the Pokemon world. Breeding was now a staple part of Pokemon training, specialized training was also at an all time high (EV training), and there were new devices used for it. Training items (power items) were expensive, but highly skilled trainers could buy them after proving themselves worthy. (perhaps the power items are dangerous and it takes a skilled trainer to use them?)

Different formes of rare pokemon were discovered by a few, and pokemon started to evolve into newer stronger species (perhaps due to the climate giving them a need to get stronger? It is cold with a huge mountain range in the middle). Pokemon became stronger in new ways, and old weak pokemon showed signs of great strength (physical/special split) though some pokemon were not able to adapt well.

Team Galatic strived to rid the world of evil, though due to corruption and the lone trainer their plan became faulty. Thanks to other legendary pokemon their plan was stopped and they reformed to seeking new forms of energy for everyone. (This time I'm sure the lone trainer didnt really need to stop Team Galatic. Giratina popped up in Platinum and took care of things fine, and the lake guardians stopped the destruction of the universe by holding Dialga and Palkia's powers back)

Heart Gold and Soul Silver will probably be along the same lines as remakes as GSC, though again like in FRLG there will be some changes. I'm guessing since the discovery of eggs breeding boomed into such as it is today, it will not be a rediscovery of eggs but rather a recap of 'they were discovered as pokemon eggs here in Jhoto' to teach the new trainer what they are and how to utilize breeding. They said the timeline starts 3 years after FRLG and since in my theory FRLG was already beginning to understand breeding, though few knew how to use it well (it was still near where most people who played had no clue how to breed effectively) so now like in DPPT breeding will be fairly usual along with specialized training. Again, only top trainers know how to do such (notice that all NPC trainers do NOT, and only trainers such as those who play the game do it and even some of them dont know how to do it very well or even have no clue).

Maybe they will give you a Togepii egg or a baby pokemon egg just to recap the discovery and teach new trainers how to take care of baby pokemon? If you think about it, the NPC trainers sometimes have baby pokemon so they could have gotten one from Mr Pokemon or the Professor to help in discovering more about them. Though if they do say 'Oh we dont know what this is at all' then at least they are trying to be faithful, though confusing thousands in the process. I hope they just say 'we're not sure what is in this egg' or 'we dont know what pokemon egg this is' since if you think about it baby pokemon are fairly rare to see on trainers. And Togepii is really rare since there are not many in the wild (even the pokedex says Togekiss is rare, Togetic and Togepi usually stay away from trainers thus you dont see them in the wild). So a Togepi egg would be fine since its a rare sight in the pokemon world.

As for the NPC world vs Our Real Life WiFi world, yes we know more then them and even the professors. We have tools to extract information, the knowledge of breeding that actually came from us (no NPC discovered its use. We found out more about it ourselves. Yes it was programmed into the game but there were no official guides on how to breed), and we can catch legendaries because we know where to look. We know how to breed rare pokemon, how to train stronger pokemon, and even get legendaries to obey us because we are the true top trainers. We all defeated the champion at some point, we beat the gyms and E4, and we discovered what makes a pokemon really strong.

WALL OF TEXT ATTACK!!!

It isn't really a necessity to the game, but he did make a big deal out of it. You received it from Mr. Pokemon, and when you brought it to Elm, he freaked out. Then he calls you to go receive it. If the game is supposed to be after the original, then why would the radio tower be invaded again? Why would team rocket try to bring the team back again? This game can't take place in the future, but I do believe they will do something about the egg part.