Introduction of Egg Pokemon?

Greencat

Maybe it takes part just slightly after GSC? Like a few months perhaps.

GSC was still home to many new trainers. The GSC trainer was pretty new, and so were we at that time. Maybe Team Rocket also got stronger and thought they could get the boss back if they invaded again or it is a new sect of Team Rocket thinking they can get the failed plans to work?

I think Mr Pokemon will still give you an egg to take to Elm, and he may freak out (because he does seem panicy) about it being a rare discovery. He'll want to study it, then call you because he does not have the skills to hatch it.

Pokemon eggs are said to be rare in game, though not so much to us (the top trainers). Even in the anime eggs are rare and only a few people know how to hatch them properly (if you notice, everyone with an egg about to hatch panics and runs to the nearest PokeCentre to make sure it hatches ok, minus the togepi hatch since team rocket interrupted the whole thing). There are very few daycares that take care of eggs (there isnt one in the in game kanto. It was either in Jhoto or the islands where you could get an egg) and the NPCs who are repeatedly silly and ignorant dont know much at all. Even the professors only know of their specialty (I think Oak is general and pokemon species, Rowan is evolution, Birch is wild pokemon and field research, and Elm I guess is eggs though he doesnt have the tools nessisary to hatch and raise them so he relies on strong trainers like us)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what they are going to do with the egg discovery, but since Cynthia gave you a Togepi in the game, then they can't have a rediscovery, since Cynthia is from a newer generation. I wonder what they are going to do with it.

Cynthia has already been shown to be in the game.

You yourself keep preaching that this is a remake, so you need to realize that GF can do whatever the hell they want with it. And for those of you saying this or that "wouldn't make sense," think about all the things GF and TPC have done in the past that didn't make sense, yet the games still sold by the boatload.

Cynthia has already been shown to be in the game.

You yourself keep preaching that this is a remake, so you need to realize that GF can do whatever the hell they want with it. And for those of you saying this or that "wouldn't make sense," think about all the things GF and TPC have done in the past that didn't make sense, yet the games still sold by the boatload.

lol so true

This is also why I might be quitting Pokemon after the remakes unless they bring out something made of pure genious and inspiration for the 5th gen.

If they do rediscover it, anyone who played the old games will like it because they are being faithful. If they recap the discovery and say they just simply dont know everything about eggs it would lead to less confusion since most people who play pokemon know what an egg is.

It can go either way depending on what GF decides on. Less confusion for the younger crowd who never played GSC, or a fan pleasing remake for the older crowd who have played GSC. Though with how the anime is also going both ways (sometimes pretty serious for a kid's show, then sometimes blatenly simple for the little kids) its up in the air. Either way I'm getting the remakes since Jhoto is and will forever be my favorite region.

And when it comes for timeline, it will always be confusing.

If they can do whatever the hell they want, and if they have done confusing things before, then why the hell are we debating what they are going to do with the egg discovery if they can do whatever they want?

Because its amusing to see other's thoughts on it.

With your reasoning there, if GF can do whatever they want then why do we even ask these questions? GF can just make a pokemon game to be on a timeline before RBY and have everything new in it if they want, though thats unlikely.

We ask because we want to see other's views on it, debate, and perhaps find out why GF will do what they do. Its socializing.

I can do whatever I want too, so why do I edit the Wiki page or talk here? Its fun. Simple as that.

The timelines of Sinnoh and Jhoto are supposed to be similar, so perhaps, but if you got it in Jhoto how would she get it? It would explain how she got her Togekiss and gave us one in Sinnoh. How about this?

Cynthia got the first Togepi egg in the games. She hatched it, raised it into Togetic then left it at the Daycare for a while. The Day Care people then found the egg, didnt know what to do with it and gave it to Mr Pokemon (I think I remember him saying the Day Care gave it to him) since he is well known for his discoveries (speculation). Mr Pokemon decided to meet with Oak near Cherrygrove. Oak and Mr Pokemon decided to call Elm since he is the professor of Jhoto, so he asked you (GSC) to go get what Mr Pokemon had for him. When you got back, he freaked saying it was a Pokemon egg or w/e, then gave it to you later through his assistant to hatch.

Durring which Cynthia got back her Togetic, went back to Sinnoh, and evolved togetic into Togekiss. She heard the news of Pokemon Eggs shortly and decided to try her hand at breeding. When she met you (Plat) she decided you would be able to take care of the egg and the Pokemon inside better since she was always buisy with Champion stuff.

Thus how the Togepi egg was discovered accidently by Cynthia though Elm claims the discovery for himself!

I think your ideas for a possible story-line regarding this are moot.

I'll say it again:

Pokemon eggs were in FireRed and LeafGreen which Heart Gold and Soul Silver are a sequel to.

These games are not sequels to Red, Green and Blue like the original games were. They are sequels to FireRed and LeafGreen.

I think that they will act like the story takes place X amount of years after the orginal Gold and Silver games, they "kind of" did this in Leafgreen and Firered by mentioning a few times of someone who had done great things before you. This then would explain why Cynthia is present and Sinnoh and Hoenn pokemon are present. But yes I think eggs will be in this game, but they will not be put forward towards the player as a 'new' function.

Remember Guested, in every game whenever you receive an egg, they don't know what it is or how it got there. So that leaves the rediscovery possible. Maybe in this game, the rediscovery will finally stop that, "Where did this egg come from?" nonsense.

That has been there since day one and will always be there. Maybe in Japanese they may say about the pokemon making the egg, but never in English. That would be TMI for the children of America >.>

And like I have been saying from the start and like Guested has said. They had eggs in FR/LG and not to mention RSE and DPPt so why would there be a need to "rediscover" something that is already there. So redundant.

RSE is supposed to take place around the same time as FR/LG and DPPt is supposed to take place around the same time as HG/SS. So again, I ask WHY would you discover something that is already there?

Wrong, HG and SS are sequels of FR and LG. They take three years past Kanto in gen III. I'm just saying, this discovery was at least important, so it would make more sense for them to rediscover it, but with a little twist. Maybe they will release the news on TV, in which the daycares will watch and now know how and where eggs come from. That will finally stop the "Where did this egg come from?" stuff. It seems at least a little possible, because none of the games seem to know what eggs are and where they came from. Understand?

Wait, how would that work? So you go to Mr. Pokemon's house, you get another egg, you give it to Elm, he uses it for further research continuing from the research he got from the other egg that was also received by Mr. Pokemon, and then he gives it back and you have a Togepi? Couldn't it be much more simple if they just made a rediscovery that will put an end to the questions of where eggs came from and how they got there?

Guested's idea makes more sense. Furthering the research of something that is already there makes more sense then pretending it never existed to rediscover it.

Very true,InuYouki;33917,I think that instead of a togipi egg, though, The Research Aid might give you a GEN IV Pokemon. I hope the Eggs are not all white(white) and green, but each pokemons Egg has a different design.:smile::smile::D:O)

I remember way back in Gen II, incest was programmed into the games so that those two Pokemon won't breed.

That was taken out in Gen 3.

Hmm.

lol really? hah! But baby pokemon are probaby going to be ones who are underappreciated, dunspace, etc etc those kinds of pokemon. They need it. It's another way to promote another pokemon, like nintendo going "So i herd u liek piplupz" or something

Guested's idea makes more sense. Furthering the research of something that is already there makes more sense then pretending it never existed to rediscover it.

Furthering research on something that was never discovered in the first place is more confusing, and pretending the first discovery never took place is even more confusing. I don't know what they will do, but my best bet is on re-discovering it simply because this is a remake. Can't it just be a complete discovery this time so that way we will finally know everything about an egg in the game?

Can't it just be a complete discovery this time so that way we will finally know everything about an egg in the game?

No, because this is a sequel to FireRed and LeafGreen where eggs were already present.

They'll most likely want to delve deeper into the "mystery" of why the eggs just mysteriously appear.