Pokémon DPP Cheating Addiction =<

Greencat

Okay, I have thsi cheating addiction now with the games DPP. I really liked the game Diamond before I started cheating, but after a week of playing it for the first time, I started cheating on all of them. Like, here are codes I use:

- Cloning

- All TMs & HMs

- WPM

- Max Battery

- Walk Through Walls

- And More...

So, how do I quit cheating or at least reduce it? :P

You stop by thinking ''Cats will die if i cheat :o ''

See thar ya go

That's because (from what I know, I personally don't own a flashcart) the R4 is a heavily bootlegged product, and I heard the company that made the R4 went out of business. Many of the people I know into DS Homebrew prefer the CycloDS.

Yeah about that, the R4 is the only flash cart I've ever seen around here and before someone says it, I'm not planning on ordering something else from the internet anytime soon. maybe when I can't play any game anymore on the R4 I have, I might consider it (or when I'm planning on getting a DSi).

Except for SCV this thread didn't seem to be going in the right direction. It seemed like it was filled with other experiences of cheating. The one with the cartridge in ketchup was pretty funny LOL about the licking. Anyway, I used to be a cheat addict no matter what people told me about ARs screwing up your game or something like that I cheated anyway. What stopped me was a bad egg.

I cheated to get a level 100 torterra with pokerus, and the ability wonderguard. The cheat wasn't confirmed but I entered it anyway. Well much to my dismay I got a bad egg. However, back then I had no idea what it was. I did a bunch of google research and found out what it was :( so I realized that the torterra I wanted was not going to happen. I quickly shoved all the eggs in the PC, since I foolishly made duplicates of the eggs without knowing of their evil, and then just left them their never touching them again. On the plus side they gave my empoleon pokerus which I spread crazily.

What I would do is enter in a cheat and think for a moment of the consequences. Then if that doesn't work, tell a friend "I need to stop cheating take my --insert cheating device here-- and keep it from me forever, or give it to someone you'll never speak to again and say "Merry christmas!" Then run away. My action replay, I still have it, but plan to never use it again. I hoped this help.

I used to be a heavy cheat addict when I had a GBC and stopped playing. Got a DS and Animal Crossing convinced me to get an AR (it was taunting me with all the work I got lazy of doing after 2 months with it). Then I got Platinum and ended up dusting off my AR after a week but hacking Animal Crossing gave me a good reason to cheat in most games.

"If you can get it through hours of grinding, then cheat. If takes days (or months), don't even think about it."

When I got Platinum, I decided the only cheats I will use are: Max Money, Max Coins (after getting Coin Case), Max BP (after I get the VS Recorder upgraded), and Fast Egg Hatching. A lot of money can be explained by using the VS Seeker (or E4) to grind for nearly infinite cash, a lot of coins can just be bought by a lot of money, and you can say you earned a lot of BP through just one of the games (play through until you get BP, retire (or lose), then repeat so the record stays at a minimum). Egg hatching is straightforward.

My AR is broken. I'm getting a new ARDS media edition in about 3 weeks, but for now I'm locked out of cheating aside from Acekard's absolute crap cheating system.

My method is to ensure that I don't use any cheats on any ingame playthrough and not cheat. The only cheat I use is infinite money.

Once I've played through the game, I use 999 berries & TMs, but rarely anything else; I just use pokesav to edit saves where needed.

I reccomend you just stop cheating for a while. You'll get used to not cheating much and it will get much easier in the long run. Also, you'll extract more enjoyment from the game if you get used to playing it the normal way.

The only times I've ever cheated was making a competitive team. But soon after using '.exe' I felt kind of dirty because me and friends are kind of purists when it comes to the game, and everything should be done legitimately so I deleted soon after.

Okay, here is what you should do:

1. Buy a safe.

2. Put your AR in the safe.

3. Play your game for a few days without the AR.

4. Take it out of the safe.

5. Don't use it for a few more days.

6. USE THE AR!!!

I hope I helped. Also, all of my pokemon on Platinum are legit, except Shaymin. :( I missed the TRU event. The only cheats I use are always catch pokemon, HMs are erasable, max money, and walk through walls. :bidoof:

Well, the first one I ever used was Walk Through Walls, then after that, I was out of control with cheating on it, that I went to the trouble of finding lots and lots of codes for it and putting it on my site. Then I discovered Cheats.GBAtemp.net, and it's large selection of codes (I even took some of the ones I found, and added those to it, so now I'm loaded with more DP codes than most other users).

---------- Post added at 08:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

My AR is broken. I'm getting a new ARDS media edition in about 3 weeks, but for now I'm locked out of cheating aside from Acekard's absolute crap cheating system.

My method is to ensure that I don't use any cheats on any ingame playthrough and not cheat. The only cheat I use is infinite money.

Once I've played through the game, I use 999 berries & TMs, but rarely anything else; I just use pokesav to edit saves where needed.

I reccomend you just stop cheating for a while. You'll get used to not cheating much and it will get much easier in the long run. Also, you'll extract more enjoyment from the game if you get used to playing it the normal way.

The Action Replay Media Edition...

I've got to the point where I regret getting that thing. The DataMax I stopped using when I found a better save file manager for my Max Media Dock, the Media Player isn't as useul since there's a big, bulky thing sticking out of the DS slot, that stops working when it comes out, and the unit itself broke in such a way, that it is rare when I insert it and it works. Also, if you have a Trainer Toolkit, it won't work with that. I recommend just getting the regular version.

The effective solution to a "cheating addiction" is to statisfy ALL your wishes. Once you run out of stuff to do, you'll automatically stop.

Or you might end up finding that it just seems plain wrong and do it the manual way.

The developers thought of an effective solution to cheating: It's called cheating.

Edited by xorhash
Typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha, I only cheat out of curiousity. Check it out, here's my cheat list for Platinum:

Oak's Letter Event at Pokemart

Secret Key Event At Pokemart

Member's Card Event At Pokemart

Azure Flute Event At Pokemart

Manaphy Egg From Pokemon Ranger Event At Pokemart

Movie Shaymin & Regigigas Available In Box 18

Poketch Stop Watch App

Poketch Alarm Clock App

HM Moves Forgettable

Hold R To BRebattle Trainers

Spiritomb At Hallowed Tower

Rename Traded Pokemon

New Forms In Wi-Fi

??? Arceus Form In Box 09

Arceus With Fateful Encounter Flag In Box 02

So, I Dont Really THink I Have Much Of A Problem, Just Having Fun, Y'know?

• 2 weeks later...

i like to have lots of items so they stay in order in the list, having only 1 of all the items means as soon as you equip/unequip your poks the list is all over the place, so i hacked the hold items, also all the other items except key items.

from then onwards i only hack wondercards/events

I hacked some pokemon that are not obtainable in Platinum by transferring those into PC, then bred and hatched, and released those that were "illegally" transferred after breeding. Also, the event legendaries and wondercards.

And oh, I hacked lots of "nuggets" and sell those to afford the vitamins that are needed for EV training. :)

Other than those mentioned, I believe that I am still playing "accordingly" :)

• 3 weeks later...
Okay, I have thsi cheating addiction now with the games DPP. I really liked the game Diamond before I started cheating, but after a week of playing it for the first time, I started cheating on all of them. Like, here are codes I use:

- Cloning

- All TMs & HMs

- WPM

- Max Battery

- Walk Through Walls

- And More...

So, how do I quit cheating or at least reduce it? :P

Some options are: Quit playing DPP :P (very bad option)

Sell your Action Replay

Delete the R4 cheats file or Supercard cheats file.

Those are probably my best options.