RAM2Sav - Save File Dumping/Injection for X/Y/OR/AS.

Some copies of the games have different save block identifiers in RAM (And some copies have different identifiers when on 9.5), and are not currently supported. If you get empty boxes when you open your save in PKHeX, please PM me your save file, and I will fix this as soon as possible.

This requires you use a 3ds on system nand 9.0 to 9.5.0-22. You CANNOT use any other firmware, nor a new nintendo 3ds, nor a 3ds on 9.x emunand.

This will NOT work on a Korean 3DS at the moment.

If it isn't working, please clear your browser history and cookies and try again.

Please do not discuss Pokemon legality help in this thread. The place for that is here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?40-Pok%E9mon-Legality

This is a method based off of Yifan Lu's spider3DSTools (https://github.com/yifanlu/Spider3DSTools) to dump or inject a save file from your Gen VI Pokemon Game.

NOTE: You need PKHeX 1-28-15 or later to use this with PKHeX. Please update your PKHeX before using this.

You cannot use this with SaveDataFiler right now because of the Map Data issue. It's kind of being worked on.

This tool has two limitations.

1. You cannot import Party Data. You can export, but not import because of cacheing. This may be fixed in the future.

2. You cannot import OR export NPC/Map data. This is because it's not stored with the rest of save data.

Video:

[video=youtube;46k-QSK5vjs]

Instructions:

1. Copy rsavin.bin and rsavout.bin onto your 9.X 3DS (or XL or 2DS) (no emunand/no new 3ds(the one with the C-stick)) SD card.

2. Run X/Y/OR/AS and get ingame (make sure you can see Brendan/May).

3. Hit the home menu and go to the browser.

4. Go to http://bit.ly/1JUgAFv to run rsavout.bin.

5. Wait for it the crash back to the home menu.

6. Power down the 3ds.

7. Take out your SD card and put it in the PC.

8. Open ramsav.bin in PKHex.

9. Edit to your desire.

10. Export ramsave.bin with the Export SAV button under the SAV tab.

11. Run X/Y/OR/AS and get ingame (make sure you can see Brendan/May).

12. Hit the home menu and go to the browser.

13. Go to http://bit.ly/1Caycho to run rsavin.bin.

14. Wait for it the crash back to the home menu.

15. Check your game for edits. If you're satisfied with them, save to write them to your game's actual save, otherwise close the game to revert them.

Source Code:

Frequently Asked Questions

> What's the root directory? The Root directory of your SD card is the base folder. C: \ is the root of the C Drive, etc.

> What is emunand? Am I on Sysnand or Emunand? If you have to ask this question and/or don't know what either of those words mean, you are on Sysnand and this will work.

> When I run the exploit, I get a bad egg! Your pokemon.ekx file is not actually a .ekx. It is probably a .pkx. Make sure you are saving it correctly from PKHeX.

> How can I get my SID? Open your injectiondebug.bin (generated when you run the exploit) in the latest version of PKHeX.

> The exploit isn't working! When I run it, nothing happens! Clear your 3ds browser's cache/cookies. Scroll down to the bottom of settings and hit "Initialize Save Data", then try again.

> What does this work on? This works on 2ds, Old 3ds and old 3ds XL firmwares 9.0-9.4.

> When do I trigger this? Load the website in the 3ds browser AFTER opening the game and making sure you can see Brendan/May.

Download:

RAM2sav.zip

RAM2sav.zip

Edited by Alpha
Specific firmware version

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a little wonky when it comes to X/Y, or at least just Y.....nothing shows up in my party or my boxes when I load up ramsav.bin, and I`m certain I`ve caught a few Pokemon already, and trying to access the trainer info thing gives me this error: http://imgur.com/o56o7fO

Should I just try again?

Have you fully updated pkhex?

Actually, don't post your ramsav.bin because you shouldn't share your save file, probably. PM it to me?

So... this might be a bug or just something I'm not seeing, but for both a friend and me any changes in playtime are not actually visible in-game after running rsavin.bin. I changed it to "hours 999__ minutes 58 seconds 00" so theoretically I would need only 1 minute to max out the time. Regardless it still shows 102:50 in-game.

Edit: My friend also just tried 600 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds. Didn't work either.

So... this might be a bug or just something I'm not seeing, but for both a friend and me any changes in playtime are not actually visible in-game after running rsavin.bin. I changed it to "hours 999__ minutes 58 seconds 00" so theoretically I would need only 1 minute to max out the time. Regardless it still shows 102:50 in-game.

Edit: My friend also just tried 600 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds. Didn't work either.

Values that are actively being changed (such as playtime, which is always being updated) are unlikely to be modifiable via this method.

says unsupported file size in pkhex when i open ramsav.bin edit: got it to open but pc boxs are blank

You simply need to update your PkHeX. It was updated very, very recently as well.

Quick Edit:Forgot to give my thanks. This has already made my gaming experience much, much better. I was sick and tired of wasting my time breeding. Honestly though, I'm just thrilled to have cherish balls, legendaries and my favorite Pokemon I can now love forever. :redface:

I have the update and my save is a 448KB blank file.

I PMed it to SciresM as the OP said to, though.

If you attempted to acquire the save and something went aMuk (say you recieved a green screen) you'll have to do it again. I would recommend deleting your browser history and cookies, even the ramsav to be safe, and trying again.

EDIT: I had a similar issue when I went to update mine (that's all :P).

EDIT2: Looks like I may have to take off now; just wanted to thank SciresM. :)

EDIT3: You only needed to clear cookies/history and try the ramsav again if you had a green screen after you input the URL; to clarify (lol).

If you attempted to acquire the save and something went aMuk (say you recieved a green screen) you'll have to do it again. I would recommend deleting your browser history and cookies, even the ramsav to be safe, and trying again.

EDIT: I had a similar issue when I went to update mine (that's all :P).

EDIT2: Looks like I may have to take off now; just wanted to thank SciresM. :)

I didn't receive any weird screens.

Does this work on digital? And... how do you get around the empty 448KB dilemma?

i tried updating and deleting ramsav.bin and retrying but pc boxs still blank

SciresM said that it doesn't work with all carts yet, and if you get blank PC boxes to PM him with your ramsav.bin so he can fix it. In fact, it's the first thing he said in this thread.. :P