Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PKMDS Pokémon Generator!

Learning to breathe IRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherModerator codemonkey85's Avatar

PKMDS Pokémon Generator!

EDIT: I think this is the most popular hit when people Google me and / or PKMDS. Just as an FYI to all those out there, this project is long dead. You can see my new stuff here: http://projectpokemon.org/forums/sho...-Library-Gen-V

Hello all.

Using my awesome PKMDS code library, I have created a little wizard for generating Pokémon. Right now it is somewhat incomplete, as there are some other features I'd like to get in there as well.

THE GOAL:

Upon finishing this program, the idea is to quickly and easily generate a 100% legal Pokémon, as if it were encountered in the game, which can be dumped directly into a save file, saved as a PKM file, or exported as an ARDS code file.

Please try it out and let me know what you guys think!

EDIT:

You need the latest .Net framework for this program to work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

PMD Researcher DeveloperGame Save ResearcherEvent ContributorModeratorSuper Moderator evandixon's Avatar
    An Aperture Science lab near Treasure Town
    Blog Entries

Re: PKMDS Pokémon Generator!

I haven't even downloaded it yet because I'm pressed for time right now, but I may add it (or something similer) to my Unofficial Upload Bin, as it sounds like a useful program.

Eventsly Staffington Event StaffTranslation ContributorIRC AOPSite ContributorImage ContributorEvent ContributorSuper Moderator Guested's Avatar

Awesome.

But, I just tried it out, saved as a pkm file, and got back a "No Pokemon Data" message when I tried to open it with your PKM viewer.

><;

Tried it out again and the Pokemon had no type, no EVs, and no IVs....

Project Pokémon Event Gallery
    All the latest Pokémon Event news: Event News Forum
    Pokémon Event Schedule and Contributions: Contribution Thread
    PokeGen - Pokesav replacement

"Now that I've had my coffee..."

This is awesome! Would you also be able to make it so if you clicked, lets say Mime Jr., it would create a completely legitimate Pokemon file? like caught in a legitimate ball, level, etc. So it would all be a surprise until you opened the PKM file? (does what I am saying make sense?)

Learning to breathe IRC VOPDeveloperGame Save ResearcherModerator codemonkey85's Avatar

Guested: that is a problem with the viewer, not with the generator. There will be updates to that as well (already have been actually, the viewer is now a part of the code library).

HalfBlood: you must be referring to "rolling" a Pokémon as a random encounter, as if it were in-game. That is very possible and actually a goal of mine... once I add the encounter data, level-up move data, and some other things I need (like which areas are east or west of Mt. Coronet so I can generate a legal Shellos / Gastrodon).

Quote Originally Posted by codemonkey85 View Post
    Guested: that is a problem with the viewer, not with the generator. There will be updates to that as well (already have been actually, the viewer is now a part of the code library).

HalfBlood: you must be referring to "rolling" a Pokémon as a random encounter, as if it were in-game. That is very possible and actually a goal of mine... once I add the encounter data, level-up move data, and some other things I need (like which areas are east or west of Mt. Coronet so I can generate a legal Shellos / Gastrodon).
    Great! I can't wait.

that program is very cool XD

Great news, guys: I have just updated the program to allow moveset editing as well. Now get out there and spread the word! Make some legal Pokémon!

Nice job, Codemonkey.

Seemingly, it works. All data input works fine. You should probably have some sort of a nature, IV, EV, and shinyness editor. Else it works fine. The moveset editor is really well done.

Eventsly Staffington Event StaffTranslation ContributorIRC AOPSite ContributorImage ContributorEvent ContributorSuper Moderator Guested's Avatar

Awesome, I'll get some testing on this done asap.

Illithian... it's a random generator

Project Pokémon Event Gallery
    All the latest Pokémon Event news: Event News Forum
    Pokémon Event Schedule and Contributions: Contribution Thread
    PokeGen - Pokesav replacement

"Now that I've had my coffee..."

Great news, guys: I have just updated the program to allow moveset editing as well. Now get out there and spread the word! Make some legal Pokémon!
    Does it only allow you to add legitimate moves for the Pokemon? And based off the level too? Like since Hitmonchan cannot learn Close Combat until lv. 56, the only way you could give it that move is if you set it at lv 56?

No, HalfBlood, the program is not quite that savvy (yet). And to be honest, since there's always the possibility of breeding level-up moves onto babies, there would be no need for that kind of check.

Master of Puppetz Wiki ContributorEvent Contributor Neo's Avatar

Nice work Codemonkey. Only thing about it is when you generate a Pokemon, It has no moveset, Other than that it shows up as Normal GBA Or NDS in Legal.exe.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDraven View Post
    Nice work Codemonkey. Only thing about it is when you generate a Pokemon, It has no moveset, Other than that it shows up as Normal GBA Or NDS in Legal.exe.
    ??????

Master of Puppetz Wiki ContributorEvent Contributor Neo's Avatar

Oh, Sorry. Didn't see that post :P

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast