Hi. As you can see, I'm quite an inactive member of this forum, so today I decided to share a program that I create myself. A Wild Pokemon Editor.
Currently, the editor is capable of editing Pokemon encountered in all the location in the game with the exception of White Forest (impossible to edit from the ROM/NARC).
- As of version 1.0.4, this program/tool now support both NARC and ROM (.nds). This means, for those who does not has any experience with NitroExplorer can now edit the ROM directly.
- I had not finished Pokemon Black, so I might made a mistake on encounters of some location. Please point out if you found any mistakes.
- I'm a beginner in programming, so if got any bugs, please do point out.
- I will also point out that this program was build using Visual Studio 2010 on Windows 7, so I have absolutely no idea if it works on older version of windows or not (95,98,2k,ME,XP,Vista). Please do test it and report here. Thanks.
- Just a side note, it's always safer for everyone to save the changes on a new NARC (if you're using the NARC) or create a backup of the ROM (either by the program itself or you yourself). By doing that, you can always revert back to the original file if something went wrong.
- Why "load from text file" capability in v1.0.9? Someone like me usually plan out the Pokemon encounters in a notepad, as I can copy-paste duplicated lines and plan slowly without having to mess up with the ROM from the beginning. But, when I want to use this tool to populate my planned encounters, it'll take few hours. Therefore, I add in this functionality. Also, I didn't put all the new stuff in the version with header, so I'll still keep the links for v1.0.7.
- By the way, I'll put this note also: White Forest encounter is NOT supported as its data is actually in the save file instead of ROM.
Load-from-file text file format:
The line "pokemon_1,min_level,max_level" need to be repeated for 56 times per location; 12 grass, 12 dark grass, 12 shaking grass, 5 surfing, 5 rare surfing spot, 5 fishing and 5 rare fishing spot.Code:location_name pokemon_1,min_level,max_level pokemon_2,min_level,max_level . . . pokemon_56,min_level,max_level
These are the Pokemon that the alternate form is supported:
- Drayano (I began my coding based on the information that he gave in here)
- Andibad (On the similar thread, I get the information on the different form of Pokemon from him)
- Kaphotics (I use the header data structure that he posted. Also on the same thread as above)
v1.0.1 : Forgot to remove Pichu Alt. form from the Pokemon list.
v1.0.2 : More small changes. Change the "Dark Grass" to "Double Grass", add in instruction on how to extract the NARC (the one that this program work with) using NitroExplorer2b (don't ask me for it. Google it yourself), etc.
v1.0.3 : Some more small changes. This time it's more on cosmetic changes (all these small changes are proving that I'm a total beginner in programming. Gonna learn a lesson from these)
v1.0.4 : Added rom (.nds) support as well as retaining the NARC support.
v1.0.4b: Well, the 'b' instead of v1.0.5 is because this update is an absolutely tiny update. Also, now I had tested the ROM and NARC support and had confirmed that it works (for me, at least)
v1.0.4c: The previous version cannot load Pokemon White. This version fix it.
v1.0.5 : Fix Bugs #2.
v1.0.6 : I'm very sure this one fix Bugs #2. Now support Japan, Korean, US, EUR, Italian, Spanish, etc version. Also added Striaton City to the location list.
v1.0.7 :I split the program into 2 version; with capability of messing up the header and without. For the header information, I don't know what it might affect, so if you just want to edit the wild encounter, get the regular version, as it totally will not display the header information and won't allow the user to edit them. Also added Route 10 (in the badge checking area), and Victory Road unknown room (I can't find it).
v1.0.9 :I added the ability to load the encounter data from a text file, added a huge map for Victory Road, and rename the Victory Road Missing Room to Trial Chamber (I never encounter anything in there during my play through, so need clarification). Also added the capability to save the encounter data from the ROM into a text file.
v18.104.22.168 :Fixed Ho-oh bug.
v22.214.171.124 :Make the tool smaller in size in order to make the tool usable by user with smaller laptop/netbook.
1. Found by Wyndamn: The size of NARC file changed after editing the file with the old version, followed by the new version of the tool. Status:Not fixed (unable to reproduce the same error). Link to the original post
2. Wild Pokemon Editor will not work for ROM that had been edited by KazoWar's Trainer Editor. Main reason is because the size of a/0/9/3 will change depend on number of Pokemon of the trainer, so the offset of the NARC will change accordingly. Will work on this problem. Fixed in version 1.0.7
3. Found by James816. Selecting Ho-oh will give the error of "Invalid Level". Fixed in version 126.96.36.199
Here's the files:
Mediafire link for v1.0.7 (With header)
Mediafire link for v1.0.7 (Regular)
Mediafire link for v188.8.131.52
Megaupload link for v184.108.40.206
Compact version (smaller size & smaller Victory Road map window)
Mediafire link for v220.127.116.11
Megaupload link for v18.104.22.168
Also, since this program was built on Visual Studio 2010, I think it'll need .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile to work.
Download here : Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile (Standalone Installer)
Last edited by neltazero; Oct 13th, 2011 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Update
Well done... my sex is male. ... , yeah you program is working
hm for pichu spiky ears is working? in my test is no change form ...
in my test:
- is working on pokemon white (J/K/U/E) (i have clean ROM for pokemon BW japan, korean, US, Eruope)
- is working on pokemon black (J/K/U/E)
yeah great tools
but in land encounter on double wild pokemon is not on dark grass... but in tall grass... and ect... maybe if you added feature for can edit header data (number value) is maybe usefull ...
Pichu (spiky ear) is not working and will give the normal Pichu. I forgot to remove the name from the Pokemon list. As for header, I might not add it (for now) as I had suddenly being assigned a LOT of works from my boss, so probably won't have much time left to work on it. Thanks for compliments and please do give feedbacks/reports on bugs as it will greatly boost the program's reliability as well as my own capability as programmer.
As for dark grass, I'll change the name in future version (as currently had no times), so please bear with it for now (sorry).
great tool ill try it, and btw can you upload this to mediafire aswell? that way if link one brakes you got another one aswell
i was done listing hex offset every pokemon swarm (is need comparing for match narc location ... and if is on a/0/5/7 is need extra note ...) yeah i need time for that if someone interesting, can PM me or waiting i post in this forum ...
I suggest you disable maximize ...
Yeah, i have research many data, maybe this week or next week~ but thank you for this tools (yeah you quickly ...) ^_^
Made the changes pointed out by Andibad to the program, and updated the link on the first post. Since this program work for both Black and White, can anyone tell me if I can change the title of this thread?
This is legit! This one is just (uh) Oh! The Greatest tool I needed since the creation of B/W trainer editor. By the way the only catch I'm seeing is ppl will get unexpected error if they load the whole file of their B/W rom. it should just be the a/1/2/6 narc file
Edit: The Encounter rate is even laid out, plain fantastic. The Rom Editor for the 4th Gen was pretty neat but that 20% down to 1% is really helpful.
Thanks, man. This is really nice
What are you going to do with Jesus?
Also instead of placing restrictions why not emphazize in making the user more aware of the info on how to work the program around cuz those lil letters down in the window are not so noticeable, maybe making them Big Red Blooded and within movement will attract the attention of the user before, or even placing a link in there to a thread and also a txt file maybe helpful n_n