Wild Pokemon Editor (Black & White) (v1.0.9.3 & 1.0.9.4[Compact])

hm not change on size... after i was change anything on my modified narc, is still same size

snag0012.jpg

6a is modified from you program, 6 is my modified from HEX editor ~ (nb: my modified narc is working and correctly on you program like rotom 6th form.... no give error~)

i used 1.0.4c

is my original modified narc, maybe is help ?

6..zip

6..zip

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah. Any help will greatly help. The only things that I can think of regarding the cause of the error are:

- Number of changes (maybe after 40-50 changes the size will change)

- Pokemon that he modified (there are >650 Pokemon in the list, so there might be some that he changed that we never did)

I look into your NARC file and I think the problem is related to the Victory Road 1F. Do you remember the changes you made at there?

Edit: To be more precise on what happened with your NARC is the size of the file changed. The unmodified 6's size is 35284 bytes, and your NARC is 35508. So it looks like my program had added an extra 224 bytes (which I had yet to reproduce the same problem). Anyone else had encountered the same problem? More information will be needed in order to fix this serious bug.

As i said before i had the first version and i was trying to modify rufflet to appear on the same routes he normally appears on white but for black instead, so i maded the changes of like 8 or 10 slots to add rufflet and braviary to where they appear, but after that i entered here and downloaded the newest version and tried to keep changing the narc to my will and then i noticed the route 10 has only the cave pokemon and the villadge bridge lacked the other grass patches, all this having the error i mentioned since the first version and that´s about it.

ps: i didnt change victory road F1, i changed the route; OUTSIDE VICTORY ROAD ! since there rufflet also appears.

As i said before i had the first version and i was trying to modify rufflet to appear on the same routes he normally appears on white but for black instead, so i maded the changes of like 8 or 10 slots to add rufflet and braviary to where they appear, but after that i entered here and downloaded the newest version and tried to keep changing the narc to my will and then i noticed the route 10 has only the cave pokemon and the villadge bridge lacked the other grass patches, all this having the error i mentioned since the first version and that´s about it.

ps: i didnt change victory road F1, i changed the route; OUTSIDE VICTORY ROAD ! since there rufflet also appears.

Ok, so just for confirmation:

- You edited the NARC with the first version of the editor (only add Rufflet and Braviary)

- Then, you get the newer version of the editor, try to continue editing the same NARC but now saw the problem with Route 10 and other location.

I'll try to make the same editing and see if the same thing occur. Thanks for providing information, and sorry for the bugs.

Ok, so just for confirmation:

- You edited the NARC with the first version of the editor (only add Rufflet and Braviary)

- Then, you get the newer version of the editor, try to continue editing the same NARC but now saw the problem with Route 10 and other location.

I'll try to make the same editing and see if the same thing occur. Thanks for providing information, and sorry for the bugs.

yeah exactly that and no problem n_n ...meanwhile ill keep working on other things while you upgrade your application !

Okay, I had just extract a clean 6 from Pokemon Black EUR and did these:

- change all the Vullaby in Victory Road Outside to Rufflet, save the narc to new file (6_2)

- open the 6_2 (still using first version of the editor), open Route 10 and add in Rufflet and Braviary, and save it as 6_3

- open the 6_2 (this time using latest v1.0.4c), open Route 10, no problem encountered, so add in Rufflet and Braviary, and save it as 6_4

- try to open 6_3 with latest version; no problem encountered when loading VIllage Bridge, Route 10, etc, so continue to make change on Route 11 and save as 6_5

- open 6_4 and followed by 6_5 with latest version, still no problem. Now no more Vullaby to be change to Rufflet, and no more Mandibuzz to change to Braviary.

Sadly, I'm not capable enough to reproduce the problem and solve it. Sorry for that. If, by any chance, you still continue to use my tool (newer version) to edit a new NARC file and you encountered the error again, please do report here. I'll try my best to solve it.

- change all the Vullaby in Victory Road Outside to Rufflet, save the narc to new file (6_2)

- open the 6_2 (still using first version of the editor), open Route 10 and add in Rufflet and Braviary, and save it as 6_3

- open the 6_2 (this time using latest v1.0.4c), open Route 10, no problem encountered, so add in Rufflet and Braviary, and save it as 6_4

- try to open 6_3 with latest version; no problem encountered when loading VIllage Bridge, Route 10, etc, so continue to make change on Route 11 and save as 6_5

- open 6_4 and followed by 6_5 with latest version, still no problem. Now no more Vullaby to be change to Rufflet, and no more Mandibuzz to change to Braviary.

Sadly, I'm not capable enough to reproduce the problem and solve it. Sorry for that. If, by any chance, you still continue to use my tool (newer version) to edit a new NARC file and you encountered the error again, please do report here. I'll try my best to solve it.

maybe if you overwritte everything in the same narc you´ll get it lolz i didn´t know we were supposed to make a new narc file to keep the changes though it could be overwritten in the same file LOL...well adding the txt as i said will keep anyone else from doing the same mistake when managing it from narc file.

Edit: with the new rom support you added im having no trouble or bugs when editing also route 10 and village bridge shows up ok now n_n.

Edited by wyndamn

with the new rom support you added im having no trouble or bugs when editing also route 10 and village bridge shows up ok now n_n.

Added the problem you encountered on the first post as the first discovered bug. Glad to hear that the rom support is able to help you.

Added the problem you encountered on the first post as the first discovered bug. Glad to hear that the rom support is able to help you.

Yeah thanks a lot its working like a charm n_n. Oh btw i forgot to mention just in case that my windows 7 is 32 bit just in case. And another little suggestion; *Relic Castle Maze End 1* should be Chamber Entrance and *Relic Castle Maze End 2* should be Volcarona´s Room/Chamber ...if im not mistaken.

I guess then you should later aim for this next things to update your program;

Cool Features for Future Updates

- Add White Forest Grass Patch Editing

- Add Wild Pokemon Holding Item Editing

- Add Roaming Pokemon Feature

I mean if everything goes well and you get all the info :) i think the narc for holding item ratio its already out there but gotta look for that, i don´t remember where i saw it really.

For the Relic Castle naming, most of it I followed the serebii.net's information, but I'll check the name you suggested and replace them in the future version.

As for White Forest, Roaming Pokemon and Holding Item, I'm actually looking around for the information, and will add them if all the information required are available.

Edit: Since you already can edit the Hold Item for each pokemon by using TwistedFatal's Pokemon Black And White Stats Editor, I really wonder if it's a good thing to be included or not.

For white forest, is can't be edit easy... is based on save data.... (you can edit them by pokestock)

for swarm pokemon i just need time to test all swarm pokemon on black and white exclusive pokemon...

I can suggest you a feature on you tools:

- edit pokemon give/trade in game

- swarm pokemon (i have data but need time to test all, if work all maybe i will give to you)

- roaming pokemon (you can see in this forum~)

- edit wild rare pokemon, legend pokemon or musharna (special ability) ? (you can see in this forum~)

- for white forest is not have special slot, is just pokemon id set with min lv and max lv and some script, is need trainer to work~

if i have skill to create tools, maybe i can made tools by myself :/

I can suggest you a feature on you tools:

- edit pokemon give/trade in game

- swarm pokemon (i have data but need time to test all, if work all maybe i will give to you)

- roaming pokemon (you can see in this forum~)

- edit wild rare pokemon, legend pokemon or musharna (special ability) ? (you can see in this forum~)

By "Edit wild rare pokemon" you mean those 1-time only Pokemon (like Reshiram, Zekrom) that is standing in a place and you initiate the battle by talking to it? Because I though that type of pokemon require scripting the event?

For "Edit Pokemon give/trade in game" I'll need to look into which trainer give what. But if those data is not in the same NARC (I guess won't be the same) as the wild encounter then I might need to remove the NARC support for the program.

For "Roaming", so there's already someone who found the information. I'll try to find it.

Lastly, for "Swarming" pokemon if you're willing to share the information with me once you found it then I'll add it to the program (and of course give you credit).

For the Relic Castle naming, most of it I followed the serebii.net's information, but I'll check the name you suggested and replace them in the future version.

As for White Forest, Roaming Pokemon and Holding Item, I'm actually looking around for the information, and will add them if all the information required are available.

Edit: Since you already can edit the Hold Item for each pokemon by using TwistedFatal's Pokemon Black And White Stats Editor, I really wonder if it's a good thing to be included or not.

Understood.

Ive also been using that program lately but still lacks a few adjustments i think, TwistedFatal is working a bit on them, so for now i wouldnt use it to edit holding item ratios with 100% safety. and o yeah good suggetions aswell Andibad ! i forgot those too ^^ ...for the rare edit pokemon that andibad mentioned i think its exactly what you said and it does require scrypting, on the other hand theres already a tool someone made for ingame trades editing i think it was pedro250 the one who did it, its called 5 gen evolution editor, it also lets you edit the evolution ways as the name suggests.

Edit: Got confuse ray over the editors , the one that it´s supposed to do that is twistedfatals Ingame Trade Editor, sorry for the mistake n_n

Edited by wyndamn

...on the other hand theres already a tool someone made for ingame trades editing i think it was pedro250 the one who did it, its called 5 gen evolution editor, it also lets you edit the evolution ways as the name suggests.

Oh, so that tool can let you edit ingame trading? I use that tool but never realise that. Cool.

By the way, I had tried to look around for information on roaming pokemon, but cannot find it. Anyone here got the information on them (especially which NARC)?

EDIT: I forgot to mention, but the latest update (v1.0.4c) can now support both Black and White (I think can support all regions' roms).

Edited by neltazero

Whoa.. I find pleasure always checking threads likes this one out! The recent update that fixes the issue with Kazo's trainer editor is really great. Though I did not experience the problem myself, its still better to believe that its been solved already. Thank the person above there we have YOU**, I feel very confident in making this game really challenging.

Thanks for compliments. Just wanna say that I had added Mediafire link for the latest version, 1.0.5.

More info on bug#2 (fixed in v1.0.5):

If you had ever use KazoWar's BWTE (Black & White Trainer Editor), you will notice that the NARC a/0/9/3's size will change depend on how many Pokemon data in it. Due to this, when you put the NARC back into the ROM, the offset of the NARCs after the a/0/9/3 will change. This is what give my tool problem as my tool read and change the wild Pokemon data based on the offsets. But now it had been fixed, so should work fine!

Sorry no pics but:

I have the same problem as wyndamn, but the problem occurs in other ways as well, i also tried checking to see if the file has changed sizes but it is still the same as the original file.

the pop up that says" Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name:.index" (excluding the "detals" information") This occurs right after i save my NARC file. Also when i "generate" a route it will only show parts of the edited info, for example some pokemon slots will be empty, usually the ones i edited, and some will sometimes be unable to be edited or selected.

Here is my 6 file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JW7F2ZT3

Edited by k1d

Sorry no pics but:

I have the same problem as wyndamn, but the problem occurs in other ways as well, i also tried checking to see if the file has changed sizes but it is still the same as the original file.

the pop up that says" Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name:.index" (excluding the "detals" information") This occurs right after i save my NARC file. Also when i "generate" a route it will only show parts of the edited info, for example some pokemon slots will be empty, usually the ones i edited, and some will sometimes be unable to be edited or selected.

Here is my 6 file: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JW7F2ZT3

That´s the same message i was getting (but in spanish since my windows is in it) but since he added rom support ive been using it from there and it generates no problems so far, so use rom support instead of narc file editing and you should be fine.

Just in case if someone is using TwistedFatal´s in-game editor it crashes if you have used wild editor before it, however it works fine if the process it´s done backwards in v1.0.4c ill download V1.0.5 and check if the problem remains there since i believe its the same issue with Kazowar´s B/W Trainer Editor. Anyway i´ll notify this there aswell if it´s not already in there.

Hm, editing sprite is make change HEX offset too~ because is added value on 00 value~ or added a few byte for data..., is cause you program error, is not from another tools~

I know, and that's what I had wrote for the bug#2.

Bug#2 : anything that change the size of any NARC will cause this program to do the wrong thing.

Currently I'm working on the core part of the program (rewrote some part from scratch), and will be able to release the next version within these 2 days (48 hours from the moment this post was made). The new version will have the following stuff:

- Able to work with Japan, Korean, US, EUR, Spanish, Italian version of both Black & White

- Fix the bug#2 (the previous version fix this issue, but only for EUR and US version, so this time it'll work for all the ROM supported)

As for the report on bug#1, if possible please do give information of the following as it'll make my job on find & fix the bug easier:

- what location you edited last

- which Pokemon you're trying to add?

- did you type the name of the Pokemon on the combo box instead of selecting them?

That´s the same message i was getting (but in spanish since my windows is in it) but since he added rom support ive been using it from there and it generates no problems so far, so use rom support instead of narc file editing and you should be fine.

Just in case if someone is using TwistedFatal´s in-game editor it crashes if you have used wild editor before it, however it works fine if the process it´s done backwards in v1.0.4c ill download V1.0.5 and check if the problem remains there since i believe its the same issue with Kazowar´s B/W Trainer Editor. Anyway i´ll notify this there aswell if it´s not already in there.

Thanks, but for some reason (I assume when u say rom support you mean the option to edit the rom directly instead of the 6.narc file) i get the same error pop up when i save, this time even before it gives me the option of where i save it.

Thanks, but for some reason (I assume when u say rom support you mean the option to edit the rom directly instead of the 6.narc file) i get the same error pop up when i save, this time even before it gives me the option of where i save it.

Can you give me these details:

- what location you edited last

- which Pokemon you're trying to add?

- did you type the name of the Pokemon on the combo box instead of selecting them?

Need them in order to track the very cause of the bug. And sorry for trouble caused.

is include 110 place? because for wild pokemon is have 110 place was set to wild pokemon~ :D , if you added feature is can edit header because, i need this for experiment... :/ yeah i can't handle all data so is can help me ......i just used old version 1.0.2, i was download 1.0.5 but i just see again you was update again? wow...

if you using visual studio, you can edit you version, because on you exe is have metadata for you tools, is still 1.0.0.0 :) yeah is great update

in new version is working.... yeah working to read my clean ROM pokemon Black korean version =) wow since i not korean people xD

i just missing:

on route 10 is have 2 data, but you just 1 data only edited, because on route 10 is have outside and inside place.....