Jump to content
  • PKHeX 22.03.01


    ReignOfComputer
     Share

    PKHeX is a save editor for core-series Pokémon games. With it, users can manipulate various save files including: .sav, .dsv, .dat, .gci, .raw, and .bin types. PKHeX can also read and write: .pk files, which are individual Pokémon files, and .pgt, .pcd, .pgf, .wc, which are Mystery Gift files.

    Version 22.03.01 of PKHeX has been released, adding support for Legends Arceus v1.1 (Daybreak Update) and other improvements.

     

    Change log:

    Quote

    22/03/01 - New Update:
     - Added support for PLA v1.1 save data format.
     - Legality:
     - - Added: PLA Massive Mass Outbreak encounter slot data recognition.
     - - Changed: BDSP underground area6 now permits lower levels. Thanks @Meta7122 !
     - - Fixed: BDSP Piplup mystery gift now verifies friendship correctly.
     - Fixed: Swapping 5th party slot to boxes now behaves correctly. Thanks Burning Justice !
     - Fixed: PLA/SWSH copying savedata changes now saves boolean value toggles (Box Flags). Thanks @sora10pls !
     - Changed: Minor memory allocation performance improvements.

     

    Download      |     FAQ     |     Support Forum

    • Like 2
     Share


    User Feedback

    Recommended Comments



    I tried importing the wonder card for articuno. Pkhex said it was legal but when I went to trade it from mate’s bot, it said it wasn’t in the database yet?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hello sorry the trouble, I was looking to acquire the mystery gift clothing (Baneful Fox Mask, Hisui Growlithe Kimono Set, and Garchomp Kimono Set) and was wondering how to get them through PKHeX.

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    14 hours ago, Pkhaxx said:

    I tried importing the wonder card for articuno. Pkhex said it was legal but when I went to trade it from mate’s bot, it said it wasn’t in the database yet?

    The friend's bot must add it. Your friend's bot is treating it as illegal. They must update to the new release

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Not sure where to comment. Been out of Pokemon for 13 years now. This seems like the place to at least be pointed in the right direction. I want to move all of my 3rd gen Pokemon (cartridges) to Pokemon Home, or whatever the current cloud system is, to be able to use when I pick the games back up. I refuse to go through the crazy official process that it would require otherwise. I have a DS Lite, 3DS, GBA, but not a switch. I am sure that there is some tutorial out there. I am willing to purchase a reader/flash device or whatever is required. Money is not so much a barrier as 100+ hours would be to move 100's of 'mon across 4 generations. Thank you in advance.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    29 minutes ago, sowby911 said:

    Not sure where to comment. Been out of Pokemon for 13 years now. This seems like the place to at least be pointed in the right direction. I want to move all of my 3rd gen Pokemon (cartridges) to Pokemon Home, or whatever the current cloud system is, to be able to use when I pick the games back up. I refuse to go through the crazy official process that it would require otherwise. I have a DS Lite, 3DS, GBA, but not a switch. I am sure that there is some tutorial out there. I am willing to purchase a reader/flash device or whatever is required. Money is not so much a barrier as 100+ hours would be to move 100's of 'mon across 4 generations. Thank you in advance.

    The easiest way would be to purchase a flashcart for the DS Lite (like an R4 Gold) and use GBA Backup Tool, or a cart reader for GB/GBA carts and export your savefile(s).
    Install custom firmware on your 3DS, backup a Gen 6 or 7 savefile with JKSM or Checkpoint, and use PKHeX to move your pokemon between your Gen 3 save and the 3DS save.
    Place all the Pokémon you want to transfer into Pokémon Bank, install HOME on your mobile device, purchase HOME Premium, and then transfer them from Bank to HOME.

     

    Edited by Atrius97
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    21 hours ago, Atrius97 said:

    The easiest way would be to purchase a flashcart for the DS Lite (like an R4 Gold) and use GBA Backup Tool, or a cart reader for GB/GBA carts and export your savefile(s).
    Install custom firmware on your 3DS, backup a Gen 6 or 7 savefile with JKSM or Checkpoint, and use PKHeX to move your pokemon between your Gen 3 save and the 3DS save.
    Place all the Pokémon you want to transfer into Pokémon Bank, install HOME on your mobile device, purchase HOME Premium, and then transfer them from Bank to HOME.

     

    Thank you a million! I am here and will lookup how to use it.
    https://www.r43ds.org/pages/R4-3DS-Gold-Pro-Firmware.html
    And here as well.
    https://www.gamebrew.org/wiki/GBA_Backup_Tool
    Could I use an R4 on a 3DS as well?
    Again, thank you a million.

    Edited by sowby911
    Clarification of question.
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Hello! I got a hold of PkHex in Pokemon Legends Arceus and is great, thank you for everything!  The only problem I have is how to use PkHex to flag the wisps for the quest as complete? It is possible? Thank you in advance!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    1 hour ago, Vlvd1312 said:

    Hello! I got a hold of PkHex in Pokemon Legends Arceus and is great, thank you for everything!  The only problem I have is how to use PkHex to flag the wisps for the quest as complete? It is possible? Thank you in advance!

    This isn't a problem, it's a question.

    Could probably post it here: https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/forum/23-saves-editing-help/

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    13 minutes ago, PLAFiles said:

    Thank you, I have gotten to that point now. For my purpose, it doesn't look like I need it for 3DS, rather just the custom firmware like Atrius said. So that I can install Checkpoint. Then just move the save file from SD card to computer, move Pokemon over w/ PKHex, then open game on 3DS in order to move to Bank, then Home. Is that correct?

    Edited by sowby911
    Figured out more, but now asking a different question.
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    3 minutes ago, sowby911 said:

    Thank you, I have gotten to that point now. It looks like I will need one for the DS Lite, and the 3DS.
    Backup save from GBA to R4, save to computer. Then I save 3DS game to R4? But how since there is only one slot?

    Well, for what you're trying to do, @Atrius97 basically said it all already above. GBA cart reader device for your GBA handheld to backup your saves to your PC, then mod your 3DS to have custom firmware on it so that you can install JKSM or Checkpoint, which is used to backup/restore game save files. Then, backup a Gen6/7 game (X,Y,etc. or Sun/Moon, etc.) using JKSM/Checkpoint. I then personally use a SD-to-USB USB stick to transfer the backed up save files from JKSM/Checkpoint to my PC, then can edit it with PKHeX.

     

    Once you get to the PKHex part, move all of your Pokémon from the backed up GBA cart reader game(s) to the 3DS' Gen 6/7 backup save file in PKHeX, then export and overwrite the 3DS save with the new one once all of your Gen 3 Pokémon are on it. Put the SD card back into the 3DS then restore the Gen 6/7 sav file with JKSM/Checkpoint (whichever one you used to backup the save). From there, you'll have to install Pokémon Bank on your 3DS (which Nintendo recently said they'll end Bank support within a year or something like that) and move the Pokémon from Bank to Home by downloading the Home app on your mobile device. Just make sure you purchase the Pokémon Home premium plan.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    47 minutes ago, PLAFiles said:

    Well, for what you're trying to do, @Atrius97 basically said it all already above. GBA cart reader device for your GBA handheld to backup your saves to your PC, then mod your 3DS to have custom firmware on it so that you can install JKSM or Checkpoint, which is used to backup/restore game save files. Then, backup a Gen6/7 game (X,Y,etc. or Sun/Moon, etc.) using JKSM/Checkpoint. I then personally use a SD-to-USB USB stick to transfer the backed up save files from JKSM/Checkpoint to my PC, then can edit it with PKHeX.

     

    Once you get to the PKHex part, move all of your Pokémon from the backed up GBA cart reader game(s) to the 3DS' Gen 6/7 backup save file in PKHeX, then export and overwrite the 3DS save with the new one once all of your Gen 3 Pokémon are on it. Put the SD card back into the 3DS then restore the Gen 6/7 sav file with JKSM/Checkpoint (whichever one you used to backup the save). From there, you'll have to install Pokémon Bank on your 3DS (which Nintendo recently said they'll end Bank support within a year or something like that) and move the Pokémon from Bank to Home by downloading the Home app on your mobile device. Just make sure you purchase the Pokémon Home premium plan.

    Thank you again so much. I'm generally pretty tech literate, but was unfamiliar with the specific hardware and capabilities/interface of the DS and 3DS. If I don't make the cut off for Pokémon Bank, am I kind of SOL? 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    12 hours ago, sowby911 said:

    Thank you again so much. I'm generally pretty tech literate, but was unfamiliar with the specific hardware and capabilities/interface of the DS and 3DS. If I don't make the cut off for Pokémon Bank, am I kind of SOL? 

    You'll be out of luck if you don't download those software apps before then.

    Edited by PLAFiles
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    If you download it now, you can continue to use it until it shuts down entirely at some undetermined point in the future. The Eshop closing doesn't mean the end of Pokemon Bank, it will become free to use, but impossible to download once the Eshop is unavailable. Download Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter before this happens and you can continue to use the service.

    Edited by Atrius97
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    6 hours ago, Atrius97 said:

    If you download it now, you can continue to use it until it shuts down entirely at some undetermined point in the future. The Eshop closing doesn't mean the end of Pokemon Bank, it will become free to use, but impossible to download once the Eshop is unavailable. Download Pokemon Bank and Pokemon Transporter before this happens and you can continue to use the service.

    Sounds good. I think I got it all now. One more question or concern that I have thought of. Do I need to worry about HMs? Or should I have all of those deleted as I am transferring them?

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Just now, sowby911 said:

    Sounds good. I think I got it all now. One more question or concern that I have thought of. Do I need to worry about HMs? Or should I have all of those deleted as I am transferring them?

    Well, you can easily remove them in PKHeX, but yes, HM's are fine. Just not B/W Kyurem or Eggs and you need to remove any items from the Pokémon.

    Easy Google search brought me to: https://pokemonsfreezone.com/characters/can-pokemon-with-hms-go-through-pokebank.html

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    EDIT (FIX): I set the values to this for Batch Editor and it makes them all legal:

    =Box=1
    .HT_Feeling=4
    .HT_Intensity=3
    .HT_Memory=10
    .OT_Feeling=4
    .OT_Intensity=3
    .OT_Memory=10

     

    In reference to the below URL: So, when a Pokémon is flagged as illegal because of memory and/or feeling, I have no idea (that I know of) how to know what memory/feeling to set them to so that they're legit until I try almost all of them. Is there an easier way to do this?

    All I've really seen about this on these forums are "try each feeling until it works," but ehh...no simpler way that isn't as time-consuming?

     

     

    Edited by PLAFiles
    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    No. Memory legality is complicated. If in doubt, leave them blank, blank memories are legal.

    (and for Gen 1-5, and 7, blank OT memories are mandatory)

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    3 minutes ago, Atrius97 said:

    No. Memory legality is complicated. If in doubt, leave them blank, blank memories are legal.

    (and for Gen 1-5, and 7, blank OT memories are mandatory)

    Interesting. I was using a Gen 6 game, but thank you for the info!

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    11 hours ago, PLAFiles said:

    Well, you can easily remove them in PKHeX, but yes, HM's are fine. Just not B/W Kyurem or Eggs and you need to remove any items from the Pokémon.

    Easy Google search brought me to: https://pokemonsfreezone.com/characters/can-pokemon-with-hms-go-through-pokebank.html

    K, I'll remove all HM's just to be sure.
    And I don't understand the batch feelings and memories thing yet, but I'll come back here when I get to that point. Just ordered an R4 for my DS Lite.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I used Mystery Gift Database to find the shiny galarian Articuno in PKHEX.

    But when I want change from English to another language, it shows that it is illegal, what am I doing wrong? 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    2 hours ago, roger20140202 said:

    I used Mystery Gift Database to find the shiny galarian Articuno in PKHEX.

    But when I want change from English to another language, it shows that it is illegal, what am I doing wrong? 

    Use the non-English one from the Mystery Gift database from the get go.
    In order to do that, you should load the gift using a save of that intended language (i.e. in your example, non-English.)

    Each language has a different OT, so if you merely change the language of the mon without matching it with a corresponding OT, it will naturally be illegal.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites




    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
    Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

    Guest
    Add a comment...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Our picks

    • Since they released over a decade ago, the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games for the Nintendo DS have not had much in the way of ROM editors. Over the past few years, hackers have slowly learned more and more about the inner workings of the games, culminating in the most advanced PMD editor to date: Sky Temple. 

      SkyTemple is a user-friendly level editor for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky that gives the user full control over graphics, scripts, Pokémon data, and more, enabling a great amount of creative freedom to prospective ROM hackers to create not just edits of the game, but entirely new levels and plots.

      See the trailer for the version 1.0.0 release for quick samples of what can be accomplished:

      Additional reading:

      Download:

       
        • Amazed
        • Like
      • 5 replies
    • The #1 issue with Gates to Infinity is the super slow text speed. Luckily, @shutterbug2000 discovered how to fix it.
      • 32 replies
    • PKHeX 20.01.10
      PKHeX is a save editor for core-series Pokémon games. With it, users can manipulate various save files including: .sav, .dsv, .dat, .gci, .raw, and .bin types. PKHeX can also read and write: .pk files, which are individual Pokémon files, and .pgt, .pcd, .pgf, .wc, which are Mystery Gift files.

      Version 20.01.10 of PKHeX has been released! PKHeX now supports the latest patch (1.1.0) Full change log below!

       

       

      Change log:

      Download      |     FAQ     |     Support Forum
        • Thanks
      • 1 reply
    • Website Updates
      After a few hours of being offline, we're finally back! Not only are we on a shiny new server, we have some new goodies.
        • Hahaha
        • Amazed
        • V-Wheeeeeel!!!
        • Thanks
        • Like
      • 8 replies
    • Following the success of his fan dub of Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, YouTuber TheGoldCrow has started a new project: a fan dub of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.
        • V-Wheeeeeel!!!
        • Like
      • 2 replies
×
×
  • Create New...