Hoenn: Starters Poll

Greencat

Which Starter in Hoenn did you start out with?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which Starter in Hoenn did you start out with?

• Treecko
    • Torchic
    • Mudkip

Hoenn: Starters Poll

Which starter from Hoenn did you choose?

Comment on how it effected your game play and the over all idea of the Pokemon you choose. :)

[sprite]252[/sprite][sprite]255[/sprite][sprite]258[/sprite]

I personally choose Torchic. :)

It helped me so much, I didn't need to restart again to decide if it was the right choice. It learned some of the most helpful moves and was the highest level Pokemon I had.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fact.

I never really liked the overall look of Mudkip or any of its' evolutions; by far the ugliest of the trio. But a water/ground type Pokemon is just amazing.

That's kind of mean... I like Swampert aesthetically, but yeah, Sceptile looks the best out of the three. But then again, they always do that to the water starters...

Swampert rectified what was wrong with Quagsire during Gen II... although Quagsire gained Water Absorb. Swampert was SO dangerous in Gen III that so many random things packed HP Grass JUST to take Swampert down. Even without any investment in attack, Swampert countered Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, and many other common faces of the OU environment.

The fire starter is usually the best looking. I really can't think of any of the others that look better than its' trio's fire type.

That's always been the case (although I think Sceptile looks better than Blaziken and I find Meganium cute and Typhlosion not so appealing)... but Empoleon looks the coolest out of all (I mean really... a penguin in tuxedo!)

Empoleon is unoriginal in a way. Plus it sounds like an Eevee evolution.. Which we don't need another of but will probably get.

And how can you say Typhlosion is not appealing? It's sprouting fire from it's back. It's just an awesome looking creature. The whole second gen. starter trio has good looking final stages though. It started going downhill with the third gen.

Empoleon is unoriginal in a way. Plus it sounds like an Eevee evolution.. Which we don't need another of but will probably get.

And how can you say Typhlosion is not appealing? It's sprouting fire from it's back. It's just an awesome looking creature. The whole second gen. starter trio has good looking final stages though. It started going downhill with the third gen.

Blah... I don't know. An echidna with a fiery ring apparently doesn't seem appealing for me. Typhlosion looks somewhat cute back in Gold version... but later on... the aesthetics looked somewhat dull for me.

Empoleon, Kecleon, Finneon, Lumineon, etc... isn't that awesome? They should all be Eeveelutions!

But still, Empoleon just looks so cool. Seriously... I'm glad a Water starter got the lead for becoming the coolest looking starter yet. Of course... this depends on your opinion...

Blah... I don't know. An echidna with a fiery ring apparently doesn't seem appealing for me. Typhlosion looks somewhat cute back in Gold version... but later on... the aesthetics looked somewhat dull for me.

Empoleon, Kecleon, Finneon, Lumineon, etc... isn't that awesome? They should all be Eeveelutions!

But still, Empoleon just looks so cool. Seriously... I'm glad a Water starter got the lead for becoming the coolest looking starter yet. Of course... this depends on your opinion...

The -eon thing should have been left exclusive for Eeevee..

When you think about it all the water starters are unoriginal, Squirtle is a turtle, Totodile is an Alligator, Mudkip is a tadpole type thing, and Piplup is a penguin.

The grass starters are where they get somewhat creative.

The -eon thing should have been left exclusive for Eeevee..

When you think about it all the water starters are unoriginal, Squirtle is a turtle, Totodile is an Alligator, Mudkip is a tadpole type thing, and Piplup is a penguin.

The grass starters are where they get somewhat creative.

There's a lot of water animals, that's why... and they're very predictable. BTW Mudkip is a Mudskipper... I see some of those in Korea, my hometown, but I don't know their native area.

Yeah, Grass is indeed creative... because we simply can't classify them!

That's what Mudkip is. I was trying to come up with something comparable for him. It's always fun seeing the grass type. I usually go with the as my starter since they are rarely used.

I pick the Grass type or Water type all the time... but water first. Never the fire, despite being scarce as a type, because fire types tend to be too powerful. Had EV systems not been implemented, Blaziken would be more powerful than he already is.

Kanto: the originals...

Best Starter: Venusaur

Worst Starter: Blastoise <--- my favorite

Johto: fun fact: they all have the same stats as their Kanto counterparts... only rearranged... except Typhlosion's stats are the SAME EXACT stats as Charizard's! Johto starters are often regarded as the worst ones... but now Feraligatr can make a name for himself

Best Starter: Typhlosion (as of GSC), Feraligatr (as of DPP)

Worst Starter: Feraligatr (as of GSC), Meganium (as of DPP)

Hoenn: had the best starters IMO

Best Starter: Swampert <--- best starter overall... and my favorite

Worst Starter: Blaziken (being outclassed by stupid Infernape...)

Sinnoh: all of them can strike Super Effectively against each other

Best Starter: Infernape <--- my least favorite >:-[

Worst Starter: Empoleon <--- my favorite one (or is the worst one Torterra? I'm not sure, but Torterra works very well with prediction)

I never took to Infernape. It is actually almost to the point where I'm boycotting him.

The whole second generation being referred to as the probable worst is a shame. I like them so much. I can't put my finger on why, they just appeal to me. As for being the worst to start off with none of my favorites fall under worst, but only one is best to start off with.

I never took to Infernape. It is actually almost to the point where I'm boycotting him.

The whole second generation being referred to as the probable worst is a shame. I like them so much. I can't put my finger on why, they just appeal to me. As for being the worst to start off with none of my favorites fall under worst, but only one is best to start off with.

I like the GSC starters too but they don't work so well competitively, that's why. But Typhlosion was just amazing back in GSC... too bad he doesn't work that way anymore. Meganium looks cute... and Feraligatr is awesome now thanks to DDance... but Gyarados does it better.

And yeah, I feel the same way about Infernape. The moment I saw his stat distribution, I was like no... another overpowered Fire type starter. -__-