Pokemon Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul

Roland

first off, this rom looks amazing. thanks so much to the creators.

second, i need help with the super basics of installing this (sorry in advance haha)

[im trying to install this on a mac]

the first step of the readme says: Place a clean rom of the game in to the Rom folder.

which one is the 'clean rom'? is it included?

again sorry im sure you guys are cringing at this question

thanks again

ok i think ive worked that out.

now when i run the Rom_Patcher it says

Patcher Coded by _Retro_

usage: dirname path

ls: /Rom/*.nds: No such file or directory

ls: /Patch/*.*: No such file or directory

/Users/Josh/Downloads/Perfect Heart CE/DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher: line 7: /xdelta3: No such file or directory

logout

[Process completed]

so it looks like it's working, but cant find the two things to knit them together

any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

First of all, I wish to congratulate the creators of this amazing hack. I have stopped playing pokemon after Generation 2 and this actually made me rethink playing again!

Now, I have a few questions/suggestions for the future in order to improve the experience of the hack, and I would like the creator's or anyone's opinions about them.

My first question is, if you can actually release the hack in Nitro Explorer format, so if someone wants just a few features of it, they can use that to patch these said features into their ROM. I do not mean any disrespect of course, and I believe this will make the hack more versatile.

Secondly, I saw that Celebi is available with about 1% chance in Illex Forest at nighttime. If I manage to catch one, will it definitely work in the Celebi event? I heard that not every Celebi works for that event. Thanks in advance for any upcoming answers.

The answer to your first question is a no. Due to the nature of the creation process it would be entirely too time consuming at this point in my life for me to be able to port it. Sorry...

As for your 2nd question, are you refering to the time travel event? (my memories fuzzy but that is the only celebi event I can think of...) If so, then yes it will work, as I altered the event to accept pretty much any Celebi. Basically I made the event check to see if a Celebi was following you rather than looking for the event Celebi.

ok i think ive worked that out.

now when i run the Rom_Patcher it says

Patcher Coded by _Retro_

usage: dirname path

ls: /Rom/*.nds: No such file or directory

ls: /Patch/*.*: No such file or directory

/Users/Josh/Downloads/Perfect Heart CE/DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher: line 7: /xdelta3: No such file or directory

logout

[Process completed]

so it looks like it's working, but cant find the two things to knit them together

any ideas?

Sorry I can't help on this one. I avoid Macs at all costs...

Hey Roland, first of all thank you so much for your efforts. I'm really glad that I found this patch.

But I found that the game would freeze and went black screen after the credits and I couldn't continue the game.

Is there anyway to fix that?

Thank you

This sounds extremely familiar and I can't think of what resolved it... You could try searching through this thread, seeing as how you are the first person to mention this in a long time it seems it isn't an issue with the hack. One thing worth trying though would be re-patching a clean rom. Every once in a rare while it just kinda happens that the rom may become corrupt or perhaps didn't patch appropriately in the first place and you don't always see the affects immediately.

And to everyone, sorry I've been away a little while. Suddenly ended up relocating and it took sometime before I had internet again.

I'm on this Monster Hunter 3U kick right now so I can't say I'll be checking here everyday, but I'll at least try to once a week or so.

Hey,

I select the Patch and a clean ROM, click on Patch, but just nothing is happening.

My bad? I tried different versions of roms, languages etc., nothing seems to help.

I'm on windows7.

Greetings

Are you 100% certain nothing is happening?

It is possible for the patcher to be creating the rom without you noticing. But if you are certain that the rom is not being patched try using a different directory.

For example try:

C:\Rom

Sometimes the patcher can be funny about patching if there is a space in the directory location (such as the space in "My Documents")

Edited by Roland
edited so directory displays properly without the smiley

Hey Roland, first of all thank you so much for your efforts. I'm really glad that I found this patch.

But I found that the game would freeze and went black screen after the credits and I couldn't continue the game.

Is there anyway to fix that?

Thank you

I'm having the same problem as this! The ROM works great, but once I beat the Elite Four and credits rolled... The ROM would not work again. I've tried repatching the ROM, but it doesn't work still. :\

EDIT: OK! I just figured it out. I was using some cheats to play this game :P JUST TURN OFF YOUR CHEATS and restart the ROM and it should work fine. You will appear in your room after beating the Elite Four and watching the credits.

Edited by johnynz
Found solution!

I'm having the same problem as this! The ROM works great, but once I beat the Elite Four and credits rolled... The ROM would not work again. I've tried repatching the ROM, but it doesn't work still. :\

EDIT: OK! I just figured it out. I was using some cheats to play this game :P JUST TURN OFF YOUR CHEATS and restart the ROM and it should work fine. You will appear in your room after beating the Elite Four and watching the credits.

Ha! Glad you figured that out! Cuz quite frankly I would not have, as I don't use cheats and shinigami715 mentioned nothing of using such.

Thank you for the assistance in that.

• 1 month later...

So, this is probably a dumb question, but is there any way I can get a Bulbasaur, either as a starter or like a route 1/whicheverrouteisthefirstone? And also, to capture preowned Pokémon. I want to do the Team Rocket Challenge, and that was the most appealing part of it. Also, I'm sorry if this really offended you.

Bulbasaur appears in Kanto on Route 11.

For other Pokemon see the location lists in the first post.

Location Lists:

Perfect Heart:

Dropbox

Mediafire

Perfect Soul:

Dropbox

Mediafire

To catch trainers Pokemon use this code (the same as for HG/SS):

9224670A 00002101
1224670A 00002100
D2000000 00000000

You can only catch 1 Pokemon of every trainer. After catching it the battle is over.

I don't know if there is another code to catch all the trainers Pokemon.

I'm pretty glad that despite having a forum named "ROM", we usually don't get too many posts on "how does i download games" or bragging about pirating games and I like that and appreciate you guys fostering a good, creative community that isn't based on piracy.

But in the future, guys, just report someone instead of replying to them and ignore their posts. Or if you think the Reports just go into a blackhole (and I'll admit, sometimes they do), just PM me directly and I'll take care of it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

This is my first post, so bear with me.

Okay, so I'm currently playing through and Ive noticed, that in one area (Burned Tower) that although during the day it says that there are no Magmar to be found in the wild, i still run into them and i have not come across one single Cyndaquil.

For some of the pokemon do I have to unlock the national dex first before I can capture them? Also, does this same question apply to the legendaries?

Thanks in advance ^_^

PS: This game is amazing!!!!

Hello,

This is my first post, so bear with me.

Okay, so I'm currently playing through and Ive noticed, that in one area (Burned Tower) that although during the day it says that there are no Magmar to be found in the wild, i still run into them and i have not come across one single Cyndaquil.

For some of the pokemon do I have to unlock the national dex first before I can capture them? Also, does this same question apply to the legendaries?

Thanks in advance ^_^

PS: This game is amazing!!!!

There is definitely magmar during the day on my files. As for cyndaquill it's a 1% chance during the day.

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent job. I was looking through the Pokemon location thingy for Perfect Soul and I can't find some Pokemon on it. For instance Aron. Is it incomplete? I noticed there are 4 pages but I can only see one of them. Thanks!