Pokemon Perfect Heart & Perfect Soul

Roland

Yeah I have the same problem! I beat the elite 4 without finding any of the added pokemon except a rare glameow and a level 70 jirachi. I use NO$GBA if maybe thats the issue? It's just weird because perfect platinum works fine and I have 114 pokedex entries before the 3rd gym, but for this one I only have 90 with 8 badges :(. I even tried looking in the grass over and over again but still I didn't see any newer ones. I did enjoy the higher difficulty for soul silver though, it was fun but I wish I could have the waay better experience that the platinum one is giving. (It's waaaaaay more fun being able to capture all pokemon without the hassle of trading, events etc..)

• 4 weeks later...

Ahh, gorgeous work so far. I literally just started this game, but I'm loving it regardless. It's running flawlessly. I absolutely love HG/SS, your patch just makes it more amazing.

Can't wait to continue on and see what else has been done. c:

Looks like I'll be checking out Perfect Platinum as well! Definitely can't wait for that. Hope to possibly to see more in the future. Congrats on all three. ~

<3

Edit: Seems the black screen is still an issue. I don't recall seeing anything about this, but once I walked outside of Sprout Tower my character and a nearby NPC were well.. Lines. Almost like a Bar-code. Forgive me if this has already been said/addressed.

Ahh, gorgeous work so far. I literally just started this game, but I'm loving it regardless. It's running flawlessly. I absolutely love HG/SS, your patch just makes it more amazing.

Can't wait to continue on and see what else has been done. c:

Looks like I'll be checking out Perfect Platinum as well! Definitely can't wait for that. Hope to possibly to see more in the future. Congrats on all three. ~

<3

Edit: Seems the black screen is still an issue. I don't recall seeing anything about this, but once I walked outside of Sprout Tower my character and a nearby NPC were well.. Lines. Almost like a Bar-code. Forgive me if this has already been said/addressed.

Honestly that sounds like it might just be random. Unless you can consistently recreate it that is. Then I'd suggest trying to repatching a clean rom. As long as the new rom has the same name as the old one you save file will still work.

Honestly that sounds like it might just be random. Unless you can consistently recreate it that is. Then I'd suggest trying to repatching a clean rom. As long as the new rom has the same name as the old one you save file will still work.

You're right, it does seem like it was only that once. Which I'm thankful for. If it does end up happening more in the future then I'll try what you suggested. Thank you. c:

You're right, it does seem like it was only that once. Which I'm thankful for. If it does end up happening more in the future then I'll try what you suggested. Thank you. c:

I had a feeling as such. Your description made me smile as it reminded me of the old NES cartridges and how they would get scrambled sometimes if they were sitting in the bay slightly funny.

Does this hack works on no$GBAv2.6? thanks

*sigh* for the 300,000th time yes. if you were to actually read the thread you would see people have gotten it working in no$.

Perfect Heart location list is now uploaded on the first page.

Perfect Soul will be here soon enough (don't ask when!)

It's an excel document so for those that don't have excel I'm sorry... It's in .ods format so Apache OpenOffice should be able to open it.

Upon opening it in excel I did receive some format errors but it seemed to remain intact. I've gotten similar errors on essays I've written when I'd create them in openoffice and then open them in word at school and at worst it would remove margins or some other nonsense. So theoretically all information should remain intact.

Me and Mathrian both wish you all Happy Holidays.

I have an issue with the ROM.

Pretty much the issue is (or appears to be) that there is no ROM.

I downloaded through the link and extracted and all there is are the patchers and read me's.

I can't find a ROM to open, and this doesn't have to do with the emulator because I can't find it when I view the file manually either.

Edit: I tried downloading a soulsilver ROM and patching that (which from what I read may be what I was supposed to do, hence why no ROM was found. If this was the case please tell me). But I am just going to start the game now, are there any early indicators/changes in the game that I should look for to tell me if the patch worked or not?

Sounds like you have a crappy flashcart. Or you are playing with an emu (which I highly do not recommend for any of the newer ones except Platinum).

Sorry, I ran across this while trying to see if someone had an answer for my question already but...

You don't recommend emulators?

But this is a ROM, in the ROM section of the forums.

Don't you need a emulator to be able to play said ROM?

I have an issue with the ROM.

Pretty much the issue is (or appears to be) that there is no ROM.

I downloaded through the link and extracted and all there is are the patchers and read me's.

I can't find a ROM to open, and this doesn't have to do with the emulator because I can't find it when I view the file manually either.

Edit: I tried downloading a soulsilver ROM and patching that (which from what I read may be what I was supposed to do, hence why no ROM was found. If this was the case please tell me). But I am just going to start the game now, are there any early indicators/changes in the game that I should look for to tell me if the patch worked or not?

Sorry, I ran across this while trying to see if someone had an answer for my question already but...

You don't recommend emulators?

But this is a ROM, in the ROM section of the forums.

Don't you need a emulator to be able to play said ROM?

Ok for starters, you are not to discuss downloading of roms in any form. This is against the forum rules and can result in a ban. The only way to legally acquire a rom is by ripping it from the game you legitimately own. Consider this your warning!

Now secondly, no you do not need an emulator to play the games. That is what flashcarts are for.

You cannot find a ROM in the downloads because I have not provided one. You are to acquire your ROM through legal methods if you wish to play my hack.

Haha! good lookin out Math!

I was gonna look it up and got distracted....

Just for the record everyone for the most part most pokemon (especially starters) are in locations that would be logical to their element. Like fire pokemon in burned tower (or like that volcano place in platinum) and water pokemon I do try to put in water.

Of course I only had so many slots to work with in so many areas but thats what Math's guides are for if you really need em.

Can somebody help me? I'm trying to patch my heart gold on the mac

I don't know how to patch heartgold because the video instructions provided are now private.

When I press rom patcher i get this,

Last login: Sun Jan 27 00:33:51 on ttys000

Anthonys-iMac:~ amsmagic$ /Users/amsmagic/Downloads/Perfect\ Heart\ CE./DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher ; exit;

Patcher Coded by _Retro_

usage: dirname path

ls: /Rom/*.nds: No such file or directory

ls: /Patch/*.*: No such file or directory

/Users/amsmagic/Downloads/Perfect Heart CE./DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher: line 7: /xdelta3: No such file or directory

logout

[Process completed]

• 2 weeks later...
Can somebody help me? I'm trying to patch my heart gold on the mac

I don't know how to patch heartgold because the video instructions provided are now private.

When I press rom patcher i get this,

Last login: Sun Jan 27 00:33:51 on ttys000

Anthonys-iMac:~ amsmagic$ /Users/amsmagic/Downloads/Perfect\ Heart\ CE./DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher ; exit;

Patcher Coded by _Retro_

usage: dirname path

ls: /Rom/*.nds: No such file or directory

ls: /Patch/*.*: No such file or directory

/Users/amsmagic/Downloads/Perfect Heart CE./DS_Rom_Patcher/Rom_Patcher: line 7: /xdelta3: No such file or directory

logout

[Process completed]

If someone is willing to make a vid and send it to me I would gladly upload it to my channel. They may also upload it to their's (if they have one) and I would use their link as long as it works and if their's goes down I would post my link. (I know people love their youtube hits. I wouldn't want to deprive anyone...)

Just an option. I don't have access to a Mac to make such a video...

• 3 weeks later...

Heya, first post here. Loving your work Rolan! Do you think you could tell me how to use action replay codes for Perfect Heart? I tried using the normal game code and it didn't recognize.

think you could give me a hand? :D thankss

PS im using a normal R4 on NDS

Heya, first post here. Loving your work Rolan! Do you think you could tell me how to use action replay codes for Perfect Heart? I tried using the normal game code and it didn't recognize.

think you could give me a hand? :D thankss

PS im using a normal R4 on NDS

Hmm, actually I wouldn't know.

I don't really cheat myself, but I know AKAIO for Acekards as an option to download cheats and it gives you a menu where you can enable and disable cheats.

So my apologies but I am unable to help. Perhaps someone else is able to.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, just wanted to let you guys know that I recently found time to go over the Perfect Soul files and after the several hours it took me to finish going through it I found out that, at least from what I've seen, they are exactly the same. I did find some places where I was made mistakes and fixed those and sent the updated links to Roland. But just so you all know the present link up there should be fine for both Heart and Soul. Hope you all have fun :)

Hello,

First of all, I wish to congratulate the creators of this amazing hack. I have stopped playing pokemon after Generation 2 and this actually made me rethink playing again!

Now, I have a few questions/suggestions for the future in order to improve the experience of the hack, and I would like the creator's or anyone's opinions about them.

My first question is, if you can actually release the hack in Nitro Explorer format, so if someone wants just a few features of it, they can use that to patch these said features into their ROM. I do not mean any disrespect of course, and I believe this will make the hack more versatile.

Secondly, I saw that Celebi is available with about 1% chance in Illex Forest at nighttime. If I manage to catch one, will it definitely work in the Celebi event? I heard that not every Celebi works for that event. Thanks in advance for any upcoming answers.