Home Events and home tracker

PhoenixDragon

One question about the assigned home tracker in Home-Event-Pokemon you get from distributions. When creating one such Pokemon just like the Shiny-Zeraora that is to be distributed,  one you missed or one you clone and later put it in sword order shield should you put an all zero home tracker in ? so when you put it in Home for the first time it gets a new tracker and becomes ,,legal'' or do they all have special trackers and stay illegal ? And what does the ffffff1 tracker in some of the home event based files mean ? So if you miss one event can you safely use pkhex to obtain it later ?

17 minutes ago, PhoenixDragon said:

And what does the ffffff1 tracker in some of the home event based files mean ?

just a custom tracker I've had on some events so that my tracker won't be publicized.
I recommend getting a HOME tracker of your own. (by zeroing it out, then placing into HOME)

18 minutes ago, PhoenixDragon said:

When creating one such Pokemon just like the Shiny-Zeraora that is to be distributed,  one you missed or one you clone and later put it in sword order shield should you put an all zero home tracker in ?

sure. The next time they enter HOME they'll get their own tracker. Not exactly fully legal, but with these circumstances what choice do you have?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Not exactly fully legal,

Its kind of complicated to use 3 different programs just do get 1 Pokemon so i wait some time for more than one event and use pkhex often only for comfort purposes. So they do have some sort of special tracker in that get recognized from home and is saved somewhere in Home. So i try to get at least one event pokemon for legal purposes. Thanks for the support !

3 hours ago, PhoenixDragon said:

Its kind of complicated to use 3 different programs just do get 1 Pokemon so i wait some time for more than one event and use pkhex often only for comfort purposes. So they do have some sort of special tracker in that get recognized from home and is saved somewhere in Home. So i try to get at least one event pokemon for legal purposes. Thanks for the support !

If you will generate a Pokémon that was originally distributed through HOME, it will never be fully legal. If you put that Pokémon from SwSh to HOME, the tracker will indicate the origin of that Pokémon from Sword or Shield, and not from Home. So... in order to obtain ful legal (and legit this time) Pokémon for Home Distribution, you have to own an actual subscribe to the app.

P.S: This applies also to Legendary / Mythical Pokémon that should be transferred from past generation. 

Edited by SkyLink24
  • Like 1

This is what I call Pokemonopoly... It's sad they had to paywall something that was free from Gen III to Gen V. They even made it harder for us that have internet problems. Making something depending on internet is annoying most of the times.

But, well. It could still be much, much worse. (I'm pretty sure of it.)

Yeah at least it is not completely impossible to hack because of the lokal multiplayer aspect of pokemon. But if this ends one day the game will be almost hack free. I kinda hate these new no mega and no ultra necrozma or primals rules every time its a new gimmick and the producers make it worse by not listening to what fans want... the game feels unfinished and even i modded the game. but at least they tried new things and made some good changes in training and in game pokemon modification. 

5 hours ago, Veeeeeeee said:

you can use sysbots to send the pk8 files into the game (even if its not a homebrew console switch) and also far as pokebank the app itself on a cfw luma 3ds you can use PKSM and CHECKPOINT to backup and play with the .main save file of pokemon home itself in an editor and get some fun results as well! I clone lots of mons send them from bank to home then distribute them over trade bots in discord from my discord.  The fact that pkhex fails to identify what a legal file is based on its "lacl of having it in the database" is a bit of a false possitive as many files pkhex will say are not legal? exchange in trades perfectly , play online perfectly etc. i can attach a list of files in pk8 that do trade and pkhex marks as "illegal untradeables" for whatever reason. So this doesnt help much...  whats more? ive been exchanging these same pokemon in cherish events that no data base has for 3-4 gens now.. Heres a copy of the files in their gen 8 form youll note pkhex says that are not legal yet the entire eventdex shiny 6iv passes in gen 8 with ease. Go figure? I dunno ...  Eitherway ive tested these files everygen for years now and they always work in game trades , battles etc... Yet the "database" that pkhex provides is a lackluster integrity check for whats actually legal and trades in gen 8.  Sadly the integrity of pkhex in this way has declined rather than got better over the years (from personal experience with it) it used to not be an unuseable overzealous application but now i have better luck with a reg hex editor in some cases! lol! I think this has been done on purpose for the right reasons and resulted in the wrong over zealous code that simply FAILS at detecting what is ACTUALLY going to pass or not in gen 8... these files attached trade in game pass through pokebank from gen 7-8 with ease and now trade in gen 8 games with ease. I cant say i understand it but i also cant say i use pkhex as much with pksm working better most of the time. Anyways yeah if you care to add these to your incomplete database or figure out why pkhex fails so badly in understanding what a legal is? that'd be useful to others at least?! I would imagine?

-snipped-

@theSLAYER Care to comment on this?

So you expect me to read the wall of text, and then comment? Okay :(

-after some time-
Lol, the very first mon I loaded up has errors. This is going to be just great.

Shiny Bulbasaur that was hatched, yet has Cherish Ball, and has fateful encounter flag. Lol
Shiny Original Cap Pikachu caught in HeartGold? lolol
Shiny Mew not from Emerald? LOLOLOL
Yup, almost everything is illegal. Whoever thought it was a good idea to hack these in:
Nope, they're not "secret events". Just plain illegal.

Nothing to do with the (falsely) claimed

8 hours ago, Veeeeeeee said:

the integrity of pkhex in this way has declined rather than got better over the years

The illegality of these mons are so outrageous that they're practically plain as day to see.
There are some real events sprinkled throughout, but all in all, these files are just horrible.

Too much illegals. User claiming they're legal.
Hiding the post cause user is misrepresenting what they are.
(I'll be leaving the quoting of the post intact, but removing the upload)

I can't even imagine that I'm going to thank you for this (cause I typically get mentally turned off at wall of texts without line breaks nor proper grammar usage), but thanks @Delta Blast Burn for bringing such an egregious post to my attention.

Based on the content of said user, the user is also on my watchlist now.

And lastly:

Anyways yeah if you care to add these to your incomplete database or figure out why pkhex fails so badly in understanding what a legal is?

You're such a joke. You clearly don't understand the meaning of legal
(Or maybe you're a troll, which in that case, well done, now shoo).
Why don't you understand what legal means, before you try to create mons, huh? 🤣

Edit: Clarification for clarification's sake. I don't see the merit in critique with no constructive feedback.
Getting horrible hacks to pass through online services is not the definition of legal (appears to be the basis of the misinformed point you were trying to make).
Legal typically refers to a mon that is indistinguishable from stuff you can obtain in-game (or via events) without abnormal gameplay.
(Stuff like glitches or ACE constitute abnormal gameplay)

For example, your Original Cap Pikachu from HeartGold? Totally not legal. Pikachu variant in the form of the Original Cap Pikachu does not exist in HeartGold. And that variant will not exist until distributed in Gen 7.
Not to mention, as of writing, all of the cap variants (besides Partner Cap) were distributed as shiny locked.

So if we compare your mon to one that was legally available, yours fail the mark miserably.
Hence illegal. PKHeX is working as intended.
Keep in mind the real definition of legal when you decide to craft mons. Check various databases (online sites like Serebii, Bulbapedia etc) to see if the mon you wanna make ever legally existed to begin with.

So that fellow readers have an inkling to what I'm referring to, marvel at this hot piece of garbage:

Spoiler

image.png

• Like 8

I give you my most sincere opinion, I have been playing pokemon since I was 17 years old, I am already 39 on my way to 40, I have seen pokemon grow, by his side many people have grown up who have wanted to safeguard unique things from past generations, for example, Many of us want that pichu ear piku or pokemon that marked our childhoods or better times, to return, but always those of us who have understood microcomputing and programming, have respected the game itself, I use pkhex, but I almost always do it for events that may be forgotten over time, otherwise I do not edit or believe, because I like to breed pokemon, which is the grace of it, but keeping the events that are coming is like the conservation work that is now with the old games from the 80s, good jewelry is lost, because there is no mentality to preserve the good.
Being here I have seen people who have kept the most wonderful events that we could not have in Europe or events that many could not have because they did not have those friends that they did, it is missing, but today, there is much interested who uses this tool for their own benefit rather than to preserve wonderful pokemon.

Sorry for this long text, but I had to say it or it exploded.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

So you expect me to read the wall of text, and then comment? Okay :(

-after some time-
Lol, the very first mon I loaded up has errors. This is going to be just great.

Shiny Bulbasaur that was hatched, yet has Cherish Ball, and has fateful encounter flag. Lol
Shiny Original Cap Pikachu caught in HeartGold? lolol
Shiny Mew not from Emerald? LOLOLOL
Yup, almost everything is illegal. Whoever thought it was a good idea to hack these in:
Nope, they're not "secret events". Just plain illegal.

Nothing to do with the (falsely) claimed

The illegality of these mons are so outrageous that they're practically plain as day to see.
There are some real events sprinkled throughout, but all in all, these files are just horrible.

Too much illegals. User claiming they're legal.
Hiding the post cause user is misrepresenting what they are.
(I'll be leaving the quoting of the post intact, but removing the upload)

I can't even imagine that I'm going to thank you for this (cause I typically get mentally turned off at wall of texts without line breaks nor proper grammar usage), but thanks @Delta Blast Burn for bringing such an egregious post to my attention.

Based on the content of said user, the user is also on my watchlist now.

And lastly:

You're such a joke. You clearly don't understand the meaning of legal
(Or maybe you're a troll, which in that case, well done, now shoo).
Why don't you understand what legal means, before you try to create mons, huh? 🤣

Edit: Clarification for clarification's sake. I don't see the merit in critique with no constructive feedback.
Getting horrible hacks to pass through online services is not the definition of legal (appears to be the basis of the misinformed point you were trying to make).
Legal typically refers to a mon that is indistinguishable from stuff you can obtain in-game (or via events) without abnormal gameplay.
(Stuff like glitches or ACE constitute abnormal gameplay)

For example, your Original Cap Pikachu from HeartGold? Totally not legal. Pikachu variant in the form of the Original Cap Pikachu does not exist in HeartGold. And that variant will not exist until distributed in Gen 7.
Not to mention, as of writing, all of the cap variants (besides Partner Cap) were distributed as shiny locked.

So if we compare your mon to one that was legally available, yours fail the mark miserably.
Hence illegal. PKHeX is working as intended.
Keep in mind the real definition of legal when you decide to craft mons. Check various databases (online sites like Serebii, Bulbapedia etc) to see if the mon you wanna make ever legally existed to begin with.

So that fellow readers have an inkling to what I'm referring to, marvel at this hot piece of garbage:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

But it trades so must be legal. My heartgold shiny original cap pikachus forged from the dust of Arceus. Bless me oh sysbot with this mon for it is indeed legitimate and disregard pkhex since it has garbage integrity 🙏

• Like 5
  • Hahaha 1

2 minutes ago, architdate said:

But it trades so must be legal. My heartgold shiny original cap pikachus forged from the dust of Arceus. Bless me oh sysbot with this mon for it is indeed legitimate and disregard pkhex since it has garbage integrity 🙏

that's effectively the TL;DR of the long rant from that user 🤣

• Like 3

hi one more question in the new zeraora event page it states that ,,and HOME tracker being unique, all distributed entries of this Pokémon are effectively clones´´ if i put this mon in pkhex it has an all zero home tracker is this a mistake ? if it then has a different home tracker (clones) and i put it in home via pkhex and shield/sword will it state that it comes from home or will it come from sword/shield.... is it legal than ???

24 minutes ago, PhoenixDragon said:

hi one more question in the new zeraora event page it states that ,,and HOME tracker being unique, all distributed entries of this Pokémon are effectively clones´´ if i put this mon in pkhex it has an all zero home tracker is this a mistake ? if it then has a different home tracker (clones) and i put it in home via pkhex and shield/sword will it state that it comes from home or will it come from sword/shield.... is it legal than ???

Presently, all HOME gifts have origin game of "Sword". Just get a HOME tracker on the mon (by placing into HOME).

would it be any different from the legit one you get in home ? so it has no unique home tracker ? only zero? and the legit one shows Home as origin game and the pkhex one sword ?

On 6/28/2020 at 4:43 PM, SkyLink24 said:

If you will generate a Pokémon that was originally distributed through HOME, it will never be fully legal. If you put that Pokémon from SwSh to HOME, the tracker will indicate the origin of that Pokémon from Sword or Shield, and not from Home.

i thought the legit one would have the home symbol icon right from the language icon (just like pokeball magearna) ... so is the pkhex one easily recognizable ? 

Edited by PhoenixDragon

4 minutes ago, sceptios said:

They have the symbol of whatever game last deposited it. My Magearna and Zeraora have a Shield symbol now because I had them in Shield for a bit before re-depositing them.

and also last deposit date. It's all tracked by the HOME tracker, in the servers.

42 minutes ago, PhoenixDragon said:

i thought the legit one would have the home symbol icon right from the language icon (just like pokeball magearna) ... so is the pkhex one easily recognizable ? 

It only has a HOME symbol if it never left HOME. If it left and re-entered, it'll have the symbol of whatever game it re-entered via.

oh ok thanks ! so a pokemon from pkhex does look visually the same as a legit one ? and the server trackes where it was first deposited perhaps even the complete history... so the pokemon is not quite legal because the server recognizes the first appearance... one more stupid question ,,and HOME tracker being unique, all distributed entries of this Pokémon are effectively clones '' does this unique means per pokemon or one home tracker for all the event zeraoras ever distributed ? 

15 minutes ago, PhoenixDragon said:

so a pokemon from pkhex does look visually the same as a legit one

only if the pokemon in question is fully legal.

and the server trackes where it was first deposited perhaps even the complete history

supposedly.

so the pokemon is not quite legal because the server recognizes the first appearance

if the server indeed tracks it, then yes.
Do note that HOME trackers are given upon entering a different HOME account.
Whether do they log the old tracker as related to the new tracker, still requires to be seen.
Assumed, but not definite.

Plus logging doesn't mean actively monitored. If they don't go through the records and act on it, it's rather pointless.

HOME tracker being unique, all distributed entries of this Pokémon are effectively clones '' does this unique means per pokemon or one home tracker for all the event zeraoras ever distributed

The stats, when distributed, are clones.
It's only "unique" because of HOME tracker, nickname, language etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PhoenixDragon said:

It should be quite difficult for Nintendo/Gamefreak to track all this nonsense(offline trades)

They probably track it's history when it's in HOME.
While they could (they haven't) ban people with invalid history, one could receive it via offline trade then send it into HOME.
So they *could* ban the wrong person if they do so.

Still, don't send illegal mons into your HOME. They've turned them into bad eggs, and they'll sit in your HOME forever..

1 hour ago, PhoenixDragon said:

and the home tracker is different for each and every individual zeraora ?

Not just Zeraora, all trackers are different. That's how you keep track of each mon in HOME, have them all different..

13 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Still, don't send illegal mons into your HOME. They've turned them into bad eggs, and they'll sit in your HOME forever..

They changed this point: I had 3 bad eggs in Home, and I was able to release them from the Mobile app some weeks ago, after the update for Isle of Armor

• Like 2

Iwwould never create illegal mons and handle them like normal ones. Thats just unfair for all players for testing there is showdown and for fun in game in combination with mods its totally fine but not online or in bank/home. I even have two different systems one with mods/pkhex were i trade legal pkhexmons offline to my regular switch to avoid a ban. I use pkhex most of the time just for events that i missed or that are impossible for me to get in my country/town. So thanks for the in depth details on how these new gen 8 mechanics. I hope this helps others too.