PKHeX new update legality errors (contribution page)

theSLAYER

4 hours ago, ILuvChinPokomon said:

I don't understand, how is that working as intended? How does it make sense for game of origin to be Scarlet for Iron Hands?

Union Circle is the feature that can allow you to 4 members to come together and share a common play session. You can see each other run in the overworld, take part in raids together, and run into each other’s spawns (that includes shinies BTW) etc.

When you play Union Circle with a friend, their spawns can and will show up in the common play session. You can then go towards their spawn and catch it. When you catch it, it’ll be your OT and Origin Game.

It’s literally how the game works, and PKHeX takes that effect into account. Thus PKHeX is working as intended.

If you can’t visualise how Union Circle works, I’m sure there’s a bunch of YouTube videos you could watch.

7 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Union Circle is the feature that can allow you to 4 members to come together and share a common play session. You can see each other run in the overworld, take part in raids together, and run into each other’s spawns (that includes shinies BTW) etc.

When you play Union Circle with a friend, their spawns can and will show up in the common play session. You can then go towards their spawn and catch it. When you catch it, it’ll be your OT and Origin Game.

It’s literally how the game works, and PKHeX takes that effect into account. Thus PKHeX is working as intended.

If you can’t visualise how Union Circle works, I’m sure there’s a bunch of YouTube videos you could watch.

Ahhhh ok that makes sense then

On 9/26/2023 at 8:58 AM, ILuvChinPokomon said:

Ahhhh ok that makes sense then

And if they are Pokémon from Area Zero it is more difficult. The characters are not seen in Area Zero, during a combined game of the two games. The two characters must be close for the game to generate the appearance of Pokemon from both games. I don't know if this was fixed in the game. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I noticed two legality issues. My English is not good, so it may be a bit difficult to express.

The first one is about the JP version of VC gold and silver.

I legally obtained RaikouVC G Raikou.pk2, Entei, Suitune, and Suitune in the game, but they were marked as illegal. After I converted the save from ". dat" to ". sav", they became legal again.

image.png.2f55cf71263e57b4c70b4f0edda76b42.png

image.png.7902b711c659d91cea1aad3898a6b56d.png

//

The second one is about the JP version of VC pikachu.

I obtained Dratini in Safari Zone, and then I evolved it into DragoniteVC Y Dragonite.pk1, which is illegal. I used the same method in the international version, which is legal.

image.png.f963272b33477407fbad28e548dfc29b.png

8 hours ago, Smile said:

Hi, I noticed two legality issues. My English is not good, so it may be a bit difficult to express. 

The first one is about the JP version of VC gold and silver. I legally obtained Raikou, Entei, and Suicune in the game, but they were marked as illegal. After I converted the save from ". dat" to ". sav", they became legal again.

The second one is about the JP version of VC pikachu. I obtained Dratini in Safari Zone, and then I evolved it into Dragonite, which is illegal. I used the same method in the international version, which is legal.

VC G Raikou.pk2 63 B · 1 download VC Y Dragonite.pk1

Thanks, fixed in latest commit: https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/bc43a5876d51305625b18754efb8ffeab7662b5e

17 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Thanks,I'm using it now!

I have discovered two more minor issues.

When I use PKHEX to transfer PKM from VC GS to GEN7, the original version is always silver. When I transfer PKM from VC RGBY to GEN7, the original version is always red. When using the poke transporter to transfer to GEN7, the original version displays correctly, but the display shows that the moving PP is higher than the allowed value, and the PP display is correct in the game.image.png.feb0ecb38647962fe6aaafefe6ec8d89.png

image.png.da30941b18eb0501b7198054396ab617.png

image.png.f26b07fb1a3f5e2040be50649631044c.png

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Thanks,I'm using it now!

I have discovered two more minor issues.

When I use PKHEX to transfer PKM from VC GS to GEN7, the original version is always silver. When I transfer PKM from VC RGBY to GEN7, the original version is always red. When using the poke transporter to transfer to GEN7, the original version displays correctly, but the display shows that the moving PP is higher than the allowed value, and the PP display is correct in the game.image.png.feb0ecb38647962fe6aaafefe6ec8d89.png

image.png.da30941b18eb0501b7198054396ab617.png

image.png.f26b07fb1a3f5e2040be50649631044c.png

Version: the Gen 2 games never stored origin game in the PKM data structure, so PKHeX just defaults to Red/Silver for Gen1/2 VC games, respectively. The game doesn't matter because it just matches the game it was transferred to Bank from. You can just change this if it matters to you.

PP: Working as intended, Poké Transporter sets bad PP values for VC and even Gen 5 transfers. You can 'fix' this by healing them in-game, or by using the Heal shortcut in PKHeX (read the list of shortcuts in the program to find out how).

3 hours ago, sora10pls said:

Version: the Gen 2 games never stored origin game in the PKM data structure, so PKHeX just defaults to Red/Silver for Gen1/2 VC games, respectively. The game doesn't matter because it just matches the game it was transferred to Bank from. You can just change this if it matters to you.

PP: Working as intended, Poké Transporter sets bad PP values for VC and even Gen 5 transfers. You can 'fix' this by healing them in-game, or by using the Heal shortcut in PKHeX (read the list of shortcuts in the program to find out how).

OK,I've got it

• 4 weeks later...

hi, i understand my case might be extremely niche but i was using the nutpea method in which i can attain 255 in each contest condition stat without reaching 255 sheen, i was able to achieve this but in pkhex (ver. 20230729) it says my swalot is illegal. i caught him as a shadow gulpin in pokemon xd at level 17 from one of the goofy cipher power ranger dudes  and i transferred him to emerald and then sapphire so he can eat the 1 feel black pokeblocks. the only thing i've messed with is removing his old nickname, the levels and giving him sludge bomb since he did not level up enough to learn sludge bomb in my pokemon xd game.

also my bad if this was already fixed, i'm lazy with updating anything

0317 - SWALOT - C6EB839B7CF2.pk3

2 hours ago, malaise said:

hi, i understand my case might be extremely niche but i was using the nutpea method in which i can attain 255 in each contest condition stat without reaching 255 sheen, i was able to achieve this but in pkhex (ver. 20230729) it says my swalot is illegal. i caught him as a shadow gulpin in pokemon xd at level 17 from one of the goofy cipher power ranger dudes  and i transferred him to emerald and then sapphire so he can eat the 1 feel black pokeblocks. the only thing i've messed with is removing his old nickname, the levels and giving him sludge bomb since he did not level up enough to learn sludge bomb in my pokemon xd game.

also my bad if this was already fixed, i'm lazy with updating anything

0317 - SWALOT - C6EB839B7CF2.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads

ty, fixed on latest commit: https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/40b6c9735803c4b93023a738a878b8e27e5f21dd

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dianle said:

Hello, I have a legal pk9 file of a sylveon from the recent eevee outbreak event but pkhex is saying that it is illegal. Thank you for your hard work and help!

0700_-_Sylveon_-_B798B4BF9FEA (1).pk9 344 B · 0 downloads

PKHeX was last updated over a month ago; PKHeX doesn't know about encounters that are made available after the last release. Wait until the program is updated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, leif_zeta said:

Hi there. New member here. I attached a mon that should be legal on a playthrough of UM. This Alakazam was met/caught as an Abra at Hau'oli's shopping district but when messing with another mon in PKHeX, I noticed this was somehow illegal. Shows up in the game just fine.

image.thumb.png.ef5db797434abc624ad48bfea5caf04d.png

0065 - Iokepa - 6341A0342C7E.pk7 260 B · 0 downloads

Working as intended.

Alakazam is a trade evolution, and the file you uploaded has never been traded away from the OT.

I think I found an issue. I am currently doing a FireRed run where I try to get the entire kanto dex, and I have noticed a lot of pokemon seem to be flagged as illegal despite me catching them ingame. The pokemon flagged as illegal are Metapod, Beedrill, Ghastly, Gengar, Koffing, Wheezing, the various eeveelutions, and the starters. I did a bit of checking myself and noticed all the pokemon PKHeX flags as illegal have only one ability for their species, and that the ones flagged as illegal have their ability in the second slot. "Invalid: Ability does not match ability number" is the error I get. As an example, here are my Metapod, Bulbasaur, and Ghastly. Metapod has Shed Skin(2), and Ghastly has Levitate(2). My various Bulbasaurs with Overgrowth(2) give legality errors, but ones with  Overgrowth(1) do not. (Bulbasaur has a japanese name because my leafgreen copy is japanese). I am using version 20231011.

0001 - タマゴ - EC6144507B03.pk3 0011 - METAPOD - 8CDDA89E6957.pk3 0092 - GASTLY - 02FE6D0C893D.pk3

Edited by JoshTheDosh
Still mentioned Phanpy when I changed it to Ghastly, forgot to give version

3 hours ago, JoshTheDosh said:

I think I found an issue. I am currently doing a FireRed run where I try to get the entire kanto dex, and I have noticed a lot of pokemon seem to be flagged as illegal despite me catching them ingame. The pokemon flagged as illegal are Metapod, Beedrill, Ghastly, Gengar, Koffing, Wheezing, the various eeveelutions, and the starters. I did a bit of checking myself and noticed all the pokemon PKHeX flags as illegal have only one ability for their species, and that the ones flagged as illegal have their ability in the second slot. "Invalid: Ability does not match ability number" is the error I get. As an example, here are my Metapod, Bulbasaur, and Ghastly. Metapod has Shed Skin(2), and Ghastly has Levitate(2). My various Bulbasaurs with Overgrowth(2) give legality errors, but ones with  Overgrowth(1) do not. (Bulbasaur has a japanese name because my leafgreen copy is japanese). I am using version 20231011.

0001 - タマゴ - EC6144507B03.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads 0011 - METAPOD - 8CDDA89E6957.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads 0092 - GASTLY - 02FE6D0C893D.pk3 100 B · 0 downloads

Double check you're not playing on a modified copy of the game (ROM hack). A Pokémon cannot be marked as having its second ability if there is no second ability to be had.

2 hours ago, JoshTheDosh said:

As far as I know I am playing a mostly unaltered romhack of firered, with the only alterations being a sprite patch and that I used randomizer to allow evolutions for trade pokemon. Could that have caused it?

PKHeX does not intend to support modified games. I have no idea what changes every other tool or patch may cause, but the modifications to your game resulted in things that are not possible to obtain on legitimate copies of the game. PKHeX is working as intended.

I'm using RaidFinder to get seeds for Sword.

Is this expected? I was kind of hoping that the start of PID and EC would be equal to generate this error🤔

Invalid: PID sharing for 3DS-onward origin detected.
[main @ [15] (Box 15)-08: 0825 ★ - Dottler - 6A70016EB901.pk8]
[main @ [17] (Box 17)-20: 0169 ★ - Crobat - 992F016EB901.pk8]

Invalid: EC sharing for 3DS-onward origin detected.

2 hours ago, ymaniz09 said:

I'm using RaidFinder to get seeds for Sword.

Is this expected? I was kind of hoping that the start of PID and EC would be equal to generate this error🤔

Invalid: PID sharing for 3DS-onward origin detected.

Invalid: EC sharing for 3DS-onward origin detected.

Reusing a random 1:4billion odds seed across multiple encounters? Usually a sign that they were not encountered without some bit of cheating, hence the message.

Additionally, the bulk verification requires discretion; someone can trade their copy of a shared raid, but this is not the case. Please only report legitimate issues; reread the first post in this thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

Reusing a random 1:4billion odds seed across multiple encounters? Usually a sign that they were not encountered without some bit of cheating, hence the message.

Additionally, the bulk verification requires discretion; someone can trade their copy of a shared raid, but this is not the case. Please only report legitimate issues; reread the first post in this thread.

I'm sorry for my ignorance; I thought that a given seed would generate 6A70016EB901, not that 992F016EB901 was also a possible outcome.
Thanks for explaining that

Hello! Getting flagged with issues when I trade over a shiny Flabebe from the recent boosted shiny odds mass outbreaks. I imagine its because it wasn't possible to encounter that species in these map areas prior to the event. Is that something that gets updated by the legality checker in the next update, which I imagine will be shortly after Indigo Disk release? Or will it take longer since this even was so close to the DLC release? Thanks!

9 minutes ago, firefrenzy85 said:

Hello! Getting flagged with issues when I trade over a shiny Flabebe from the recent boosted shiny odds mass outbreaks. I imagine its because it wasn't possible to encounter that species in these map areas prior to the event. Is that something that gets updated by the legality checker in the next update, which I imagine will be shortly after Indigo Disk release? Or will it take longer since this even was so close to the DLC release? Thanks!

PKHeX cannot know about encounters that are introduced via future DLC content, such as mass outbreaks that are from the download news.

The program's latest commits should be able to recognize it, but there won't be a new stable release prior to Indigo Disk DLC's release.

41 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

PKHeX cannot know about encounters that are introduced via future DLC content, such as mass outbreaks that are from the download news.

The program's latest commits should be able to recognize it, but there won't be a new stable release prior to Indigo Disk DLC's release.

yep, figured the update would be after Indigo Disk release, I can wait that long. Thanks!