Pokemon XD

Hydra_

I have to say Pokemon XD was a beast game.

The part I mostly liked was that you were able to have shadow pokemon and use shadows moves.

I really like how Nintendo made the story line different from regular Pokemon games.

Edited by evandixon
Remove emoticon

• 2 weeks later...

heres some improvements they should make in case they make a third sequel:

1.Trade shadow pokemon. I thought it was quite neat to have sadow pokemon, and now i sorta wish yu could trade them.

2. be able to use HM moves on obstacles like the small trees, water, dark caves,etc. That would really add i good boost to the game, especially with the 3-D graphics.

3.your team okemon follow you. i just think it would be neat to see ANY pokemon you have in your party following you.

4. trainer card!classic and essential!

5.Light pokemon. We had shadow pokemon, why not use light pokemon for some use in the game?

these would really improve a game like this, so if you see any ideas like this in the next gen, consider yourselves "well planned out":rolleyes:

heres some improvements they should make in case they make a third sequel:

1.Trade shadow pokemon. I thought it was quite neat to have sadow pokemon, and now i sorta wish yu could trade them.

2. be able to use HM moves on obstacles like the small trees, water, dark caves,etc. That would really add i good boost to the game, especially with the 3-D graphics.

3.your team okemon follow you. i just think it would be neat to see ANY pokemon you have in your party following you.

4. trainer card!classic and essential!

5.Light pokemon. We had shadow pokemon, why not use light pokemon for some use in the game?

these would really improve a game like this, so if you see any ideas like this in the next gen, consider yourselves "well planned out":rolleyes:

1. shadow pokemon are weak, if i werent suppose to catch them to purify and give it my firered, i would kill every single one.

2. i dont see a point for surf as we traveled in water once in xD, to cinnabar island.

3. i dont want some pokemon following me, i kinda hated having that stupid pikachu that follows and won't evolve in pokemon yellow.

4. i dont see a point of it O.o, you got that thing (i forgot its name) that has all your info already. plus you arnt like in a "pokemon league" right?

5. Light? just sounds a bit weird to me.

• 3 weeks later...

xD was probably my favorite Pokemon game. I never played Colisseum (largely because when I heard about it, it was described as not having a story mode, the way PBR is now), so I didn't suffer from the "it's just like Colisseum" syndrome.

The game's focus on Double Battles was great. We've had them for a while now, but they are still vastly underutilized, even though the list of moves and abilities that are only helpful in Double Battles keeps getting longer. I don't know why Double Battles haven't shown up more often in Pokemon games, but it's depressing.

The Shadow Pokemon are brilliantly executed. They're powerful to begin with, but they can't level (and I don't know if they can EV train). As you purify them, they get a mix of normal moves and shadow moves, so you get more utility out of them without being forced to purify. As you progress in the game you will have to purify them to survive, because your opponents keep getting stronger, but it can be a difficult decision. They also serve as handy tanks when capturing other Shadow Pokemon, as they can resist those super powerful attacks. Shadow Pokemon were a really interesting idea, and I'd like to see the explored some more.

Cipher is one of the best villain teams the games have had, and the only one that didn't steal the "Team" name from Team Rocket. Yeah, we had Team Snagem, but they're minor players in this (though they do have quite an interesting influence on the plot at times). They have a solid and workable plan for their world domination, and are willing to work with more subtlety than most other Pokemon villains. Plus they have the advantage of a really nice goal: They're trying not only to take over the world, but make the Pokemon in it look totally awesome (seriously, how can you purify Shadow Lugia? It looks too dang cool).

The plot on the whole was great. It was a standard travel around and save the world, but with the removal of the long routes between areas and the lack of Pokemon Gyms means that the plot got a lot more focus. I'm not saying that I dislike either the gyms or the routes, but without them there did seem to be more time spent on the battle against the villains than in most other Pokemon games (sometimes it feels like you're saving the world on your way to get badges, not the other way around).

Eevee was a great choice of starter, but I really, really wish they would give its evolutions more than 2 attack types to choose from (Eevee and the 'Eons have some of the most limited movesets in the game). Yes, I chose a Psychic Pokemon, but I would like to be able to attack with some other movetypes as well!

The limited availibility of Pokemon made for a rather interesting team mechanic. Grabbing a team of favorites to run with was a lot more involved when you had access to much fewer Pokemon to start with, and you had to constantly consider the Shadow advantages/resistances. You still had access to a lot of Pokemon, but they were broken down into reasonable amounts, so you didn't spend hours hunting down each and every rare one when you were supposed to be out beating the bad guys. And catching them all was actually part of saving the world, so it enhanced the plot, rather than subtracted from it.

I love the mainstream Pokemon games. They are fun and simple, but with enough depth to keep me coming back to them. But xD had a lot that I would like to see carry over to them (though they do have a lot that xD could have used as well).

it was like Pokemon Colosseum pretty much but it used Lugia instead of the legendary dogs

It was moderately similar on a VERY base level.

On another level, Coliseum was the worst pokemon game in the 3rd gen, with most of the models rehashed, many of the environments being shaky and having dreamcast-like edges, and one of the most ridiculously obvious plotlines ever invented.

xD had a bad plotline, but many of the models were fixed up and most of the attacks were changed to not look like a 5 year old playing in C4D. Environments got much better, and you didn't have a stalker anymore (thank the lord). Purifying got better (although it resembled an egg incubator ;)) and it was much more challenging then coliseum, along with allowing you to start at a lower level, not at level 30.

I for one liked the concept of shadow pokemon that you had to purify before using them. It was a change from what the gameboy games. I'm not sure if I'd still use the shadow idea for the next wii game though. I'd rather they came up with a new concept entirely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Secret pokemon include Chicorita, Cydiquil, Todidile, Eikid, Medichan's first form, lavitar,

Shuckle and stuff. You can only choose one of the starters each with a HyperBeam Prototype move. Eikid you trade the purified shadow togepi.

The others I don't want to say. I spelled a lot wrong.

I liked Shadow blast (really strong.). Maybe they should make a remake on Wii called Pokemon Delta Omega with shadow Mewtwo or Mew knowing shadow storm, shadow down, shadow Psy(New) and another.

The weird thing was that shadow moves don't run out of pp. ?

• 2 weeks later...

It would be cool to make a ds shadow pokemon game i mean later or something like a side game with the same system that dimond and pearl use it would be neat and they could treat it like a real game part of the series or some thing but thats just something i tought of....(it would be neat to see more shadow lagendarys with a more darker look like the lugia on xD)