The Legality Question/Check Thread

Metalbear

21 hours ago, dharys said:

Hi,

someone Knows how to make Gholdengo legit?

In theory it evolves when you have 999 ghimmighoul coin, how could you resolve it on pkhex?

ty in advance

Immagine 2022-12-03 195957.png

This can be solved by making the Original Tera Type: Ghost and setting form augment to 999. Since you cant catch Gholdengo it cant have steel or any other type besides Ghost as its Original Tera Type because Gimmighoul is only ghost type. Hope this helps! (Example of mine attached)

977 - Gholdengo - A2BD8AE3DEC2.pk9

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have two non shiny Vespiquen IN USM that were generated from Diamond with help from RNG Reporter. Both were previously legal with PKHEX but now show up with the error message "Invalid: Evolution not valid (or level/trade evolution unsatisfied)"

I can't seem to figure out the exact problem no matter how much I tinker with them or give them new PID, IVs etc. Any ideas?

2 hours ago, Nostal Jack said:

I have two non shiny Vespiquen IN USM that were generated from Diamond with help from RNG Reporter. Both were previously legal with PKHEX but now show up with the error message "Invalid: Evolution not valid (or level/trade evolution unsatisfied)"

I can't seem to figure out the exact problem no matter how much I tinker with them or give them new PID, IVs etc. Any ideas?

Here’s a guess:

- make sure the PID would have yielded a female (based on Combee’s gender ratio)

if that still doesn’t work

- make the transferred Met Level below Current Level

I was reading the documentation on Home Trackers after the fiasco that was Worlds this weekend.  Its my understanding that Pokemon I created in S/V (such as an Urshifu) and moved into home could still be flagged as illegal due to the fact they wouldn't have metadata for SWSH despite the fact they have a Home tracker.  I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

1 hour ago, Radd said:

I was reading the documentation on Home Trackers after the fiasco that was Worlds this weekend.  Its my understanding that Pokemon I created in S/V (such as an Urshifu) and moved into home could still be flagged as illegal due to the fact they wouldn't have metadata for SWSH despite the fact they have a Home tracker.  I just want to make sure I understand this correctly.

If you want a Pokémon to be legal, always generate it in its correct origin game and do a legit Home transfer. Don't alter immutable values (such as PID, EC, IVs etc) after the Pokémon visited Home.

PKHeX can not check Pokémon Home server side data, so it tells you it's legal even if it's not.

Relevant reading:

22 hours ago, Grikgrik said:

I'm trying to make a shiny Whimsicott with the Contest Star Ribbon (as if traded from Alpha Sapphire) pkhex says it's legal but I'm trying to trade it to Sword through a sysbot and it says it is not legal. What did I miss? TIA

0547 ★ - Whimsicott - BF0F545D3917.pk8 344 B · 1 download

The Sysbot owner probably didn't update the PKHeX.Core dependency, not an issue with PKHeX.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey is just perfectly legal to add an egg move to the moveset of a Pokemon in SV. Do i need to adjust something else as well like the relearn moves?
Also, I am so confused about the Relearn moves(not the TM ones), can someone please explain what moves exactly get into that category?
Also Is it normal for learned egg moves to be forgotten and not be able to be remembered without the entire mirror herb technique again?

I understand that it is not trivial to get perfect legally Pokemon in Gen 8 & 9 when you want exact IVs without considering TID/SID, seed and so on. But isn't the easiest way instead to just have all these Pokemon met in eggs, where basically any combination is possible? Am I missing something?