Metalbear

The Legality Question/Check Thread

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

@Kaphotics Is PKHeX mistaking the female one for the traded one or something?

Nope!

http://noseclub.bluwiikoon.art/gscshinyeggs.shtml

Interestingly enough, DVs in G/S/C also determines a Pokémon's gender, if it is indeed capable of being either male or female. This matters because female members of the Eevee, starter, fossil, Snorlax and Togepi species can only ever have an attack DV of 0 or 1, meaning that it is unfortunately impossible to hatch a shiny female of them in G/S/C.

image.png

Keep in mind that they can be shiny if they were transferred before GSC VC were released, since they didn't originally use the same DV->Gender/Shiny determination as Gen2.

• Like 1

I think in this discussion is ok. Is mostly a curiosity on my part. If i rename Ash Greninja with a Nickname (via Pkhex since you cannot change the name of a Pokemon from another trainer) can be considere "legal"? Becouse Pkhex dosen't mark that as problematic, but i have the fear that stuff like Pokebank will considere that a not legit pokemon just for a nickname. (I ask becouse i wanna use this pokemon but there is no way to breed a battle bond Froakie)

1 hour ago, PedroKeitawa said:

I think in this discussion is ok. Is mostly a curiosity on my part. If i rename Ash Greninja with a Nickname (via Pkhex since you cannot change the name of a Pokemon from another trainer) can be considere "legal"? Becouse Pkhex dosen't mark that as problematic, but i have the fear that stuff like Pokebank will considere that a not legit pokemon just for a nickname. (I ask becouse i wanna use this pokemon but there is no way to breed a battle bond Froakie)

PKHeX marks nicknamed events as Fishy. You can access the full report by holding control when clicking.

It's possible to nickname anything, so long as you have the same trainer details (can be done via RNG abuse).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaphotics said:

PKHeX marks nicknamed events as Fishy. You can access the full report by holding control when clicking.

It's possible to nickname anything, so long as you have the same trainer details (can be done via RNG abuse).

Thanks. I guess i will need to breed a regular Greninja with is HA.