Jump to content

The Legality Question/Check Thread


Metalbear

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the huge work Kaphotics.

Just wanted to report that the legality checker does not currently check hatch/met dates. I had a pokémon marked as Legal, whose hatched date was prior the date I received the egg. I believe the implementation of an additional check on dates must be quite simple, and it would probably prevent bans online :)

Thanks again!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, n3o95 said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the huge work Kaphotics.

Just wanted to report that the legality checker does not currently check hatch/met dates. I had a pokémon marked as Legal, whose hatched date was prior the date I received the egg. I believe the implementation of an additional check on dates must be quite simple, and it would probably prevent bans online :)

Thanks again!

 


Erm, it's possible to change DS/3DS date to the past, then hatch the Pokemon.

This way, it hatches after the egg is received.

While it's a red flag and highly suspicious behaviour, it isn't illegal. (I stand to be corrected on this)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/13/2017 at 7:29 AM, n3o95 said:

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the huge work Kaphotics.

Just wanted to report that the legality checker does not currently check hatch/met dates. I had a pokémon marked as Legal, whose hatched date was prior the date I received the egg. I believe the implementation of an additional check on dates must be quite simple, and it would probably prevent bans online :)

Thanks again!

 

@Kaphotics was going to make it fishy for date checks but these days people request crazy dates for whatever reason. Because of the proliferation of dates outside of distro, or changing dates for hatching, there was no point in checking it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2017 at 12:01 PM, Kaphotics said:

Click on the triangle next to the preview sprite. The program tells you why they are not legal.

> PID and encryption constant were both re-rolled

PID-IV relationships are a thing in gen3/4.

Thank you so much for replying to me. I transferred up a lot of Pokemon that I had caught forever ago (10+ years ago). I edited their natures, but not their IVs. I did re-roll their PID and encryption constants. These Pokemon mean a lot to me, so I was wondering if there was a way I could fix this problem? Additionally, is there a way to edit the nature and abilities of Pokemon from 3/4th gen and not have to re-roll the PID and encryption constant? Again, thanks a lot for helping me out. I really don't want to lose any of my old 'mons. ^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RagingMagikarp said:

Thank you so much for replying to me. I transferred up a lot of Pokemon that I had caught forever ago (10+ years ago). I edited their natures, but not their IVs. I did re-roll their PID and encryption constants. These Pokemon mean a lot to me, so I was wondering if there was a way I could fix this problem? Additionally, is there a way to edit the nature and abilities of Pokemon from 3/4th gen and not have to re-roll the PID and encryption constant? Again, thanks a lot for helping me out. I really don't want to lose any of my old 'mons. ^^

Changing natures or Ivs or PID of Gen 3 and 4 Pokemon, will break them.

the only way to resolve it is to use RNGreporter to fix the Pokemon.

https://projectpokemon.org/site/guides/save-editing/solving-pid-mismatch-r1507/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/16/2017 at 4:49 PM, theSLAYER said:

Changing natures or Ivs or PID of Gen 3 and 4 Pokemon, will break them.

the only way to resolve it is to use RNGreporter to fix the Pokemon.

https://projectpokemon.org/site/guides/save-editing/solving-pid-mismatch-r1507/

 

Thank you for all the help. I'm sorry I'm not too knowledgeable about these things. I've browsed through the guide, and I get about 80% of it. To get my Pokemon to 'legal' status, I'm simply entering in the correct encounter method and encounter slot as well as the nature and gender. I am not entering in anything else. That also means that I am not entering the ID and SID for each Pokemon. Once I generate a list of PIDs I am simply selecting one and entering it in PKHex. After that, I am changing the IVs to match the PID. PKHex is now reporting the Pokemon as legal. Am I doing this right? I have checked, double-checked, and triple-checked the guide, but it's a bit much to take in all at once. I don't use PKHex for anything but changing the natures of my old gen 3 and 4 Pokemon. (Nowadays, it's so easy to get good natures and IVs, I just breed what I want in the current gens). Anyway, my question is essentially, once generating a 'legal' Pokemon in PKHex using the procedure described, am I at risk of my Pokemon being detected as altered or illegal? I really don't want to lose these Pokemon I caught as a kid, and I don't want to get blocked from Wi-Fi battles because I modified their natures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you did the process correctly, it's unlikely they'll detect the changes.

(however, other changes could get caught, such as 999 items etc)

do note we don't allow significantly hacked Pokemon to be used online against unsuspecting opponents.

you may wanna double check our rules, to see the definition of "significantly hacked" Pokemon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

If you did the process correctly, it's unlikely they'll detect the changes.

(however, other changes could get caught, such as 999 items etc)

do note we don't allow significantly hacked Pokemon to be used online against unsuspecting opponents.

you may wanna double check our rules, to see the definition of "significantly hacked" Pokemon. 

Thank you for pointing out that modifying the PID is considered 'significantly hacking' a Pokemon. I never participate in tournaments or online competitions (I'm not a competitive battler by any means), and I never have. 99% of the time I'm just battling my friends via local link, and when I do battle online - again - it's a friend. I'm not concerned with having an unfair advantage against them because, well, they were the ones who introduced my to PKHex when they decided to throw out a whole team of perfect shiny legends...

 

I any event, the hand full of Pokemon I'm editing are just for sentimental reasons mostly. They are things I caught when I was a kid. I only wanted to change their natures, but its turned into a really big task. Thanks a ton for all the help! I really appreciate your speedy replies and patience with a noobie to PKHex (me).

 

Just to reiterate, if I do nothing in the RNG software but input the correct method, encounter type, gender, and nature, I can ignore everything else? Again, my only goal is to change the natures of a few of my really old Pokemon. I just don't want to get flagged and loose all my other non-edited Pokemon that I've bred/caught throughout the years.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Thanks for your huge work... I really appreciate that.

About the events in the game S/M, I was asking myself, is it possible to have the right met date (date of the distribution) ? Do I have to change the date by myself, and will my event be still legit ?

Sorry if the question had been asked before, I didn't see the answer.

Have a good day ! ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I need some help getting my Suicune to pass. I was doing what i could to fix as many of my pokemon on my own but i was stumped on this one. Check the link for a pick http://prntscr.com/hydgr4 I need a bold nature with 31 iv in all but attack which can be anything. Not looking for a shiny

337 ★ - Cancer - 15EDECC1AE02.pk3

with this one I am wondering if anyone can get a shiny in pokemon xd. I was able to you xdseed to get a non shiny pid with the ivs and nature i wanted but could not get a shiny pid to work on cancer my lunatone.

Help with this is appreciated 

245 - Farve - 7EE92E468B0F.pk3 This one is the suicune

Edited by capt forest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/20/2017 at 12:57 PM, DeoxysInSpace said:

Battle Spot keeps saying that there is a problem with one or more of my Pokemon. This is the team I keep trying to use on Battle Spot Free Battles Special Pokemon Allowed in US/UM.

-snipped-

 

read our rules. We don't allow significantly hacked Pokemon for online usage.

 

8 minutes ago, capt forest said:

I need some help getting my Suicune to pass. I was doing what i could to fix as many of my pokemon on my own but i was stumped on this one. Check the link for a pick http://prntscr.com/hydgr4 I need a bold nature with 31 iv in all but attack which can be anything. Not looking for a shiny

337 ★ - Cancer - 15EDECC1AE02.pk3

with this one I am wondering if anyone can get a shiny in pokemon xd. I was able to you xdseed to get a non shiny pid with the ivs and nature i wanted but could not get a shiny pid to work on cancer my lunatone.

Help with this is appreciated 

245 - Farve - 7EE92E468B0F.pk3 This one is the suicune

Suicune's stats are too high.
There's a glitch in Gen III, and their IVs are limited.
Read: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitches_in_Generation_III#Roaming_Pok.C3.A9mon_IV_bug


I recall that Pokemon in XD cannot be shiny (colo is fine however)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, capt forest said:

so what would be a pid that would work for suicune?

 

also thank you for the quick reply

 

PIDs aren't exactly the problem here. (I think it should be method 1, and you used method 2. not sure if Method 2 is okay)

Basically follow how Bulbapedia described it, and translate the IVs to match the roaming glitch

 

edit:
In case you can't get it working:
PID 2707FC11
IVs: 31/0/0/0/0/0
Nature: bold

Popped up legal for me :)  (using your base file)
 

  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

PIDs aren't exactly the problem here. (I think it should be method 1, and you used method 2. not sure if Method 2 is okay)

Basically follow how Bulbapedia described it, and translate the IVs to match the roaming glitch

 

edit:
In case you can't get it working:
PID 2707FC11
IVs: 31/0/0/0/0/0
Nature: bold

Popped up legal for me :)  (using your base file)
 

Damn this pkhex stuff is so precise that it will reject a proposed pid over a bug. Good stuff to the makers of this program. Thank you it worked using your method. Would you help me find the pid for this one? 367 ★ - Gannicus - 6C2AD12AFCC0.pk3 

I suppose the reason i am having trouble for this one is that i am looking very specific. Shiny, with max SpA and 30 speed and Hidden power electric with a timid nature. Male preferably. So when i hit search it will just keep searching. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, capt forest said:

Although the legendary dogs are available in colo/xd so in those games they would not be affected by gen 3 roaming pokemon iv glitch. So this is this a flaw in the legality checker? 

No, that's because it's origin game for your Suicune was set to Leafgreen.
If it was set to Colo/Xd, it'll likely bypass checking for the IV glitch.

20 hours ago, capt forest said:

Damn this pkhex stuff is so precise that it will reject a proposed pid over a bug. Good stuff to the makers of this program. Thank you it worked using your method. Would you help me find the pid for this one? 367 ★ - Gannicus - 6C2AD12AFCC0.pk3 

I suppose the reason i am having trouble for this one is that i am looking very specific. Shiny, with max SpA and 30 speed and Hidden power electric with a timid nature. Male preferably. So when i hit search it will just keep searching. 

It'll probably be easier for you to find the PID that gives the stats, then edit the TID/SID to make it shiny.
Capture.PNG

Few things I took note of:
1. both stats is what you wanted
2. nature is what you wanted
3. gender is what you wanted
4. I guess you're lucky to get the Hidden power you wanted.
5. Encounter slots match wild Clamperl.

I just checked the PID, nature and IVs as shown above, and PKHeX shows the Pokemon as legal.
So all you gotta do yourself, is to obtain a legit Shiny TID/SID combo for Ruby.

A TID/SID that worked for me is (tho I'm using Gen IV TID/SID generator):

Capture1.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey!!! thank you for that! Check out this suicune i generated as legal. It was a pain in the ass and I used some Japan based program called xdseed to get the pid i needed and just see for yourself thank you for the back and forth! 

 

I got the IVs i wanted and nature. Its GTG 

245 - Favre - A6BFA3EE114D.pk3

 

Edit your idea about manipulating the sid and the tid to get the shiny after taking that super lucky build was genius. I took the easy way out gave up my dive ball and just made it as if i hatched it from an egg. That way it all came back the way i wanted it legal i just miss my dive ball :(

Edited by capt forest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, capt forest said:

Hey!!! thank you for that! Check out this suicune i generated as legal. It was a pain in the ass and I used some Japan based program called xdseed to get the pid i needed and just see for yourself thank you for the back and forth! 

 

I got the IVs i wanted and nature. Its GTG 

245 - Favre - A6BFA3EE114D.pk3

 

Edit your idea about manipulating the sid and the tid to get the shiny after taking that super lucky build was genius. I took the easy way out gave up my dive ball and just made it as if i hatched it from an egg. That way it all came back the way i wanted it legal i just miss my dive ball :(

Cool, xdseed is one way to go! (I'm not sure if present builds of rngreporter can give colo/xd PID)

well, if there isn't any special moves you're trying to get in Gen 3, then you could just make it look like your Pokemon was bred in SMUSUM. This way, it gets to retain the Dive Ball!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Cool, xdseed is one way to go! (I'm not sure if present builds of rngreporter can give colo/xd PID)

well, if there isn't any special moves you're trying to get in Gen 3, then you could just make it look like your Pokemon was bred in SMUSUM. This way, it gets to retain the Dive Ball!

i only play Gen 3. I have never played any game that came out after emerald. I am a purist lol

 I post my battles on smogon and youtube. If you are interested i would love to feature you in one of my battles. You were a big help for me getting this done. I probably would have quit without your guidance http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/3rd-gen-post-your-battle-thread.3623620/

Edited by capt forest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2018. 1. 12. at 3:20 AM, capt forest said:

Hey!!! thank you for that! Check out this suicune i generated as legal. It was a pain in the ass and I used some Japan based program called xdseed to get the pid i needed and just see for yourself thank you for the back and forth! 

 

I got the IVs i wanted and nature. Its GTG 

245 - Favre - A6BFA3EE114D.pk3

 

Edit your idea about manipulating the sid and the tid to get the shiny after taking that super lucky build was genius. I took the easy way out gave up my dive ball and just made it as if i hatched it from an egg. That way it all came back the way i wanted it legal i just miss my dive ball :(

If you want to reduce the damage of confusion, you can use this PID.

245 - Favre - A49F92584E85.pk3

it has lower attack IV. (30 ☞ 13)

I'm so glad to support you as one of the Gen 3 player.

I apologize to my poor English. I'm korean and English is too hard for me. :P

Edited by BloodBird
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/21/2018 at 2:17 AM, BloodBird said:

If you want to reduce the damage of confusion, you can use this PID.

245 - Favre - A49F92584E85.pk3

it has lower attack IV. (30 ☞ 13)

I'm so glad to support you as one of the Gen 3 player.

I apologize to my poor English. I'm korean and English is too hard for me. :P

 

Hey wow thanks for looking out!!! I did not think of that aspect! I love it, if you ever want to battle let me know. I upload my battles on youtube check them out 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaGRu3XZXbw&list=PLnErJpARInv6O6L-hIgD3tf7uertHYT-r

Edited by capt forest
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...