theSLAYER

Pokemon Sun&Moon: Map Dex - Contribution & Support Thread

31 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello all!

I'm here to introduce our new Map Dex page, and also to give big thanks to @Ruby Genseki for helping with this!

Now that all of the Fly to points have been added,
my main focus is the gather any limited access or unused map coordinates, and I'll add it to the wiki.

This thread will be both the contribution & support thread.

Cheers!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I did a bit of testing with the maps yesterday and here is what I found.

top_0004.jpg

This is map ID 1. It appears to be the end battle with Hau. There isn't a whole lot too see here only the centre piece, and some stalls off on the right hand side.The bottom part of the town is gone.

Spoiler

top_0005.jpg

You can also see Hala's house, although it has seen better days.

top_0008.jpg

All of the models on the bottom and the fire behind Hala are transparent and have no crash detection

top_0006.jpgtop_0007.jpg 

Map ID 0 has a little better things to see. First thing is it seems to be the bottom part of the town that was missing from the first map. There are also an bongo/drum sound that loops when you are in this area.

top_0013.jpg

A zoomout of the map.

Spoiler

top_0009.jpg

Close up of the stairs

There is also a broken camera when you go over to this fence. It seems to zoom out to the bottom route. Walking out of the area will freeze the game.

top_0010.jpgtop_0011.jpg

Some other photos for good luck :) 

top_0012.jpg

 

 

Edited by wrathsoffire76
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wrathsoffire76 said:

Well, while the map ID 1 is already on the list...

  Hide contents

top_0013.jpg

 

There is also a broken camera when you go over to this fence. It seems to zoom out to the bottom route. Walking out of the area will freeze the game.

top_0010.jpgtop_0011.jpg

Some other photos for good luck :) 

top_0012.jpg

 

I didn't actually explore the whole thing, I thought it ended near the stairs leading to the down part of the town since I tried to come neaar the rightmost house and it just faded. While I knew the house models were in there to be seen from the upper part, I didn't know the soil was actually in there as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the records, there's an unused cave entrance,
that can be seen normally:
top_0013.png
 

And has dimensions and can be walked on (but cave has no warps)
top_0011.pngtop_0012.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

For the records, there's an unused cave entrance, that can be seen normally:

And has dimensions and can be walked on (but cave has no warps)

Brooklet Hill, right?

Pheraps, there's some other unused map within Akala's range (Maps 49 to 96), or maybe it's just for aesthetics. There's this entrance at Poni Meadow, too.

59982608c0ec8_Sinttulo.png.388b8f14fd6479a2647c6f929637dafe.png

And you can't even surf into it because the pond is, like, 20cm lower than the floor.

59982706cfd60_Sinttulo1.png.ca60f707efd9dd3a7571b00029ebaf51.png

 

But, anyway, I've been using some of my spare time to make some kind of "index" with all the map IDs and find out what are the maps that cannot be accessed by regular means (that's how I found Iki Town event variants), so if there are any unused maps related to these caves, I should eventually bump into them. If no one does it before me, that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Brooklet Hill, right?

Pheraps, there's some other unused map within Akala's range (Maps 49 to 96), or maybe it's just for aesthetics. There's this entrance at Poni Meadow, too.

59982608c0ec8_Sinttulo.png.388b8f14fd6479a2647c6f929637dafe.png

And you can't even surf into it because the pond is, like, 20cm lower than the floor.

59982706cfd60_Sinttulo1.png.ca60f707efd9dd3a7571b00029ebaf51.png

 

But, anyway, I've been using some of my spare time to make some kind of "index" with all the map IDs and find out what are the maps that cannot be accessed by regular means (that's how I found Iki Town event variants), so if there are any unused maps related to these caves, I should eventually bump into them. If no one does it before me, that is.


Good catch!
I kept assuming thats the same cave as another location, but I'm clearly wrong.
Might have use assigned to it in USUM.

or maybe in this instance, its to show us where the water flows from..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

And you can't even surf into it because the pond is, like, 20cm lower than the floor.

When I first played the game, I was hesitant that that was where you had to go, but you couldn't get there :( 

  • Like 1
  • Ditto 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I just want to let you guys know I have personally looked at all of the map models in SM. There is only the two variants of Iki Town and the three unused rooms in the Player's house. There isn't any unused cave maps. Now I guess they could technically be blank maps, but I doubt that since there isn't really any blank maps in the files.

However, you could technically consider the maps for when you order a meal at the restaurants on Ula'ula Island and Poni Island unique. Those restaurants have the normal map and a special map for when a meal is ordered.

Edited by Lady Ariel
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Lady Ariel said:

you could technically consider the maps for when you order a meal at the restaurants on Ula'ula Island and Poni Island unique

Wait, so there's a unique map for that in Ula'ula? I knew about Poni, but didn't notice Ula'ula at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Wait, so there's a unique map for that in Ula'ula? I knew about Poni, but didn't notice Ula'ula at all.

Yes there is a unique map for the restaurant on Ula'ula Island. It isn't anything really special though, since if I recall correctly it was only a slightly altered map from the main map. It looks something like this (it isn't textured).

Edited by Lady Ariel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lady Ariel said:

it was only a slightly altered map from the main map.

That's why I thought they were the same map.

What about Akala's restaurant in Konikoni? Are there two different maps for it as well? or do they just use the regular map when eating?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ruby Genseki said:

That's why I thought they were the same map.

What about Akala's restaurant in Konikoni? Are there two different maps for it as well? or do they just use the regular map when eating?

Oh I forgot about that one. After checking my notes it actually has four maps, since it is also Mallow's house. So it has the entrance, hallway, bedroom, and the special map when ordering a meal. The Battle Buffet on Melemele Island doesn't have an extra map (just some weird logic they used to make a ladle stand up with nothing holding it up).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lady Ariel said:

Oh I forgot about that one. After checking my notes it actually has four maps, since it is also Mallow's house. So it has the entrance, hallway, bedroom, and the special map when ordering a meal. The Battle Buffet on Melemele Island doesn't have an extra map (just some weird logic they used to make a ladle stand up with nothing holding it up).

Well, I was expecting it to have at least 3 maps (due to, as you said, being Mallow's house as well),but didn't expect Akala and Ula'ula restaurants to have special maps for when you eat (Poni was obvious since it's completely different look-wise).

As for the Battle Buffet, I had checked already, it's just map ID 36, there are no more maps related to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Well, I was expecting it to have at least 3 maps (due to, as you said, being Mallow's house as well),but didn't expect Akala and Ula'ula restaurants to have special maps for when you eat (Poni was obvious since it's completely different look-wise).

As for the Battle Buffet, I had checked already, it's just map ID 36, there are no more maps related to it.

Yeah I am not sure why they made unique maps for the restaurants on Akala and Ula'ula Island. But then again there is a lot of things they did with the files in SM that make little to no sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Lady Ariel said:

But then again there is a lot of things they did with the files in SM that make little to no sense.

 

There's this thing I've been wondering about since months ago. What's that huge whirlpool-like thing in the Lake of the Sunne/Moone supposed to be?

59986174c7293_Sinttulo1.png.4d1ac1ac6785068e165ac62d9d00c7e7.png

What's that even for? Neither the whirlpool nor those pillars are visible by regular means.

Did they intend to do something neat with it at the start but dropped it later? or is it some prototype thing for USUM? It just feels so wrong for such an amazing place to be there solely to get Cosmog.

 

On a side note, it's kind of visible if you walk behind the entrance as well, but you can't normally see it, either.

5998616dd59de_Sinttulo.png.737302a4e374f5fd32a464ee2174619f.png

Edited by Ruby Genseki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

 

There's this thing I've been wondering about since months ago. What's that huge whirlpool-like thing in the Lake of the Sunne/Moone supposed to be?

59986174c7293_Sinttulo1.png.4d1ac1ac6785068e165ac62d9d00c7e7.png

What's that even for? Neither the whirlpool nor those pillars are visible by regular means.

Did they intend to do something neat with it at the start but dropped it later? or is it some prototype thing for USUM? It just feels so wrong for such an amazing place to be there solely to get Cosmog feels so wrong.

 

On a side note, it's kind of visible if you walk behind the entrance as well, but you can't normally see it, either.

5998616dd59de_Sinttulo.png.737302a4e374f5fd32a464ee2174619f.png

Honestly I have wondered that too, but I have no idea. There is a ton of little, or big details, in many maps that you can't normally see. Honestly it seems they scrapped a ton of things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lady Ariel said:

Honestly it seems they scrapped a ton of things.

I heard they sorta did that in XY as well, though I don't know to what extent, I haven't checked it myself but I've seen several players criticizing how areas with tremendous potential (name the Power Plant) have little to nothing to do on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Gym room~

I was aware of that gym battle scene, but since stuff like Ohana3DS doesn't work properly on my computer I couldn't research more into it.
However, look at this bathroom:
image.png.bb16dbecea5cc23b7756c668870c7cf0.png
It's different from the one we have:
59c4e8945b511_UnusedToilet.png.5347187bf6a70a088db648a4913f1230.png
I went and tried to find it a few moments ago but to no avail. I have to go classes now so I'm gonna look a bit more into it later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo...the bathroom in the video turned out to be a misunderstanding. According to the guy who did the hacking, while the map is close to the player's house models within the files, it's actually Hala's bathroom, so he thought it was part of the player's house.
Partly my bad since I didn't notice at the time, but well, I wasn't completely awake when I watched the video and there was no way for me to remember such an irrelevant place, so I took the "unused maps" thing as my main source to draw a conclusion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So...while unsuccessfully looking for something I decided to go and complete this other thing I was doing a while ago, which allowed me to find out a couple of extra things:

  • Aether Paradise's floors 1 and B1 actually have another variant each. While regular 1F's ID is 197, there's an identical map with the ID #198.
    59d84b904324d_AetherParadise1F(SecondVisit).png.eb36c2fdcf8e6fc52370d6a8d94760eb.png
    The only difference is, as you might see, that this version's got a single NPC, whereas the regular version has this very same NPC among several others.
    As for the B1F, its map ID is 200, but there's an identical map with the ID 201.
    59d84b94d4df3_AetherParadiseB1F(SecondVisit).png.fab406f1202b8ba4a3236694e59b8d19.png
    It's got several employees on it.
    I came across these two maps several times in the past while looking for other things, but never took the time to explore them a little bit. Now, as you might've already guessed, I've found out they're the variants used during the player's second visit to Aether. The employees in B1F can be interacted with, but I didn't manage to be able to rebattle them even with a rematch code.
    Spoiler

    Coordinates:

    Aether Paradise - 1F (Second Visit)
    Map: 198
    X: 4261.19900
    Y: 1.00000
    Z: 5585.25200

    Aether Paradise - B1F (Second Visit)
    Map: 201
    X: 5182.01200
    Y: 0.00000
    Z: 2911.55600

     

  • Another thing I found was a buggy Festival Plaza Map. It's most likely the real thing, but since I simply warped there and it's some sort of "special" map, it couldn't properly load.
    Spoiler

    59d84ea16fd0b_FestivalPlaza.png.ccb9a3399cf15c6dc6cb3bc45af0a499.png
    (Sophocles is just casually floating in there like...oh, whatever-- the coords)
    Map: 209
    X: 4207.91600
    Y: 1.00000
    Z: 5908.37500
    Notes:
    -Entering location text displays "Route 1" when warped here.
    -Pokémon Refresh shows city background:

    Spoiler

    59d84f0937b05_FestivalPlazaRefresh(CityBackground).png.21ad46717840175954598982399cd030.png

    -Crashes when trying to exit Pokémon Refresh.
    -Crashes when trying to interact with an NPC.
    -If game is saved on this location, it will crash upon trying to load said save.

    And there's the Festival Plaza castle as well:

    Spoiler

    59d8500f507f9_FestivalPlazaCastle.png.8d158858564872d26b81f4614281d58c.png
    Map: 210
    X: 4207.91600
    Y: 1.00000
    Z: 5908.37500
    Notes:
    -Entering location text displays "Route 1" when warped here.
    -Pokémon Refresh shows generic indoor background:

    Spoiler

    59d850653af19_FestivalPlazaCastleRefresh(IndoorBackground).png.fc735670508ea6943ecc6df7f2d9820b.png

    -Crashes when trying to exit Pokémon Refresh.
    -Crashes when trying to interact with an NPC.
    -If game is saved on this location, it will crash upon trying to load said save.
    -These coordinates will actually leave whoever uses them off the map's limits. I chose to put it this way due to the game crashing as soon as any input is selected when warping directly inside the map. (As you can see, the coordinates are actually the same I used for the Festival Plaza map, being the Map ID the only difference)

     

Edited by Ruby Genseki
  • Like 1
  • Amazed 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just posting the coordinates for the Champion's room cause why not.

Current Map: 161

X Coordinate: 2095.57000

Z Coordinate: 4882.12000

Y Coordinate: 1.00000

Rotation: 0.00000

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because I didn't have the patience for getting to this:

 

Ultra Ruin

Current Map: 254

X Coordinate: 1760.00000

Z Coordinate: 1420.00000

Y Coordinate: 0.00000

Rotation: 1.00000

Edited by Holla!
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I try to insert the coordinates in my savegame I finish in the Ultraruins and I can see the alien man, but I'm invisible and if I try to walk all the map disappear, the game don't freeze but I'm lost in the black...

Edited by Halfshadow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now