Most used Pokeball?

Sir Xero

LOL a dive ball! Wow and it was on a heatran that is really funny. Now as for personalization of a pokeball that is what the capsules and seals are for. It adds special effects for when a pokemon comes out of its pokeball if a capsule and seal is attached to the pokeball.

:bidoof:These new spinning bidoofs are awesome!:bidoof:

Of course seals help personalize the balls, but some people like certain Pokéballs themselves. I actually don't usually use seals too much. I might for my main team, but the only universal thing I do is colour code caught Pokémon with the balls I use to capture them.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know dusk balls are only good during night time or in caves. You must play at night a lot or you battle in caves a lot. I don't see why you would use them because they are very unreliable during the day time.

Plus, why wouldn't you use ultra balls for they have a higher catch rate then great balls. Although I personally would prefer the design of the great ball I would use the ultra ball because the great ball just doesn't get the job done. Since, in platinum I cant add it to the list of games on my AR, I cant use master balls but I do have some because I traded from my pearl version, I use the timer or quick balls. These balls are good because if you dont have any pokmeon catching pokemon with you they are efficient because you catch the pokemon at the beginning of the battle or do your best to survive long enough to use the timer ball.

Nest balls, are pretty decent but I'm not quite sure what it means when they refer to weaker. I've been play testing it but have been unsuccessful. You see when it says that they are good against weaker pokemon in the wild does it mean by level or by how much HP they have left or neither. It would be great if someone could tell me.

That is my way of looking at it. I hoped my comments help people get a better understanding of pokeball usage. Question::confused: What exactly does the premier ball do? I can't seem to figure it out. I have one and I want to use it accordingly. So if anyone has knowledge of what it does I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me.

They just look cool!

I've never gotten the luxury balls to work for me. Maybe I'm just to used to master balls to fully appreciate the other pokeballs.

Luxury Balls have the same catch rate as Pokeballs... but they make the Pokemon's happiness value increase if you catch it with it.

My most used ones are Quick Balls and Dusk Balls due to their 4x effectiveness at very accessible conditions.

Ultra Balls have a x2 modifier for anything, so Quick Balls and Dusk balls are usually better.

As for those not so useful balls, I caught my Ralts (now a Gardevoir) with a Heal Ball... yeah.

I match the pokeball's release effect with the Pokemon in question.

also, GARDEVOIR WITHOUT WILL-O-WISP!?

Yeah, I would too... had I not been breeding them a lot they would be. Unfortunately, they all come in Pokeballs now.

And whose Gardevoir are you referring to? If it's mine, it's certainly not. Mine has Will-o-Wisp.

oh, ah, yeah. If I could use a wild Gardevoir I would use the Great Ball. Firstly, like your avatar, I like shiny Gardevoir a lot more. Great Balls are pure light-blue. The match is perfect.

Thanks. :)

Yeah, Great Balls definitely matches blue stuff. I only wish they had a better catch rate or at least choose a ball to have your bred Pokemon go into, but unfortunately you can't have everything :(

My original Froslass was in a Dusk Ball... evil!

I'm lucky this time around, as only two of my 6 require Egg moves. Of course they happen to be Lucario (who I'm screwed with anyway) and Vaporeon (I wanted the Dive ball)

Jirachi will be Cherish (its an event after all)

Zapdos will use Repeat (The yellow and red orbs match him nicely)

Flygon (For the last two games I used the Nest Ball. Not gonna change now, especially with Garchomp's ban)

Mamoswine (I'm actually stumped on this one still. I'm thinking Premier)

I'm lucky this time around, as only two of my 6 require Egg moves. Of course they happen to be Lucario (who I'm screwed with anyway) and Vaporeon (I wanted the Dive ball)

Jirachi will be Cherish (its an event after all)

Zapdos will use Repeat (The yellow and red orbs match him nicely)

Flygon (For the last two games I used the Nest Ball. Not gonna change now, especially with Garchomp's ban)

Mamoswine (I'm actually stumped on this one still. I'm thinking Premier)

My Vaporeon has Wish by breeding with a Clefairy... and even then you can't change its ball type unless you find one in the wild at Trophy Garden.

Good thing about those legendaries is that they can be in any ball you want :)

A solution to the lack of ball types for bred Pokemon would be seals... ever tried those? Although, I'll admit, the choices are somewhat limited.

you can't use seals on wifi, and attaching/detaching them every time I use the PC to move them around is tedious.

I just love how Nintendo tried to fix a problem by implementing a completely random new tool. Here's a better idea: Just let us switch the pokeballs they're in.

... no seals on Wifi? Oh no! My Froslass won't have that cool entrance I gave her in game... wow. If Nintendo made seals... why can't it be used on Wifi?

I don't like the seals for their random placement. For example, the thunderbolt ones fly off the screen sometimes = = I just want it to be a bit more less random =/

Yeah I know what you mean.