Earthix

Wait a minute. Doesn't that mean that there's a chance to get Celebi shiny and LEGIT? (drools at the thought.) I mean it shows up supposidly when you purify all the shadow pokemon.

Edit: And have the Japanese bonus disc. But I've been hearing rumors about the american Jirachi to the same effect. That it can come off the bonus disk as a shiny. I have yet to come across a Legal copy of one, and Always seem to come across hacks that don't pass legal checker.

Edited by Guested
separate conversation = separate thread

Wait a minute. Doesn't that mean that there's a chance to get Celebi shiny and LEGIT? (drools at the thought.) I mean it shows up supposidly when you purify all the shadow pokemon.

Edit: And have the Japanese bonus disc. But I've been hearing rumors about the american Jirachi to the same effect. That it can come off the bonus disk as a shiny. I have yet to come across a Legal copy of one, and Always seem to come across hacks that don't pass legal checker.

yup i have a shiny wishmkr jirachi

LoadingNow said that there is no code which prevents the jirachi from being shiny, but he could not confirm it. I had received what I thought was a shiny legit jirachi (and yes I uploaded the actual one to the upload bin), however I am debating the source I received it from.

Can someone find me proof that the jirachi can be shiny?

LoadingNow said that there is no code which prevents the jirachi from being shiny, but he could not confirm it. I had received what I thought was a shiny legit jirachi (and yes I uploaded the actual one to the upload bin), however I am debating the source I received it from.

Sabre, I'm still looking too. Um.... wouldn't your checker be able to analyze and tell us if it's hacked? I mean A hacked one comes up unknown GBA type. where as a real one would come up Common GBA event restricted right? I've come across 4 hacks using this reasoning.

And where's this upload bin you talk about. I want to check yours out.

Alright I recently encountered 2 shinies that don't seem to come up right in legal. There's the Shiny Celebi that's available in another thread, and the 3 shiny Jirachis that i recently obtained. 1 person totally swore by his Jirachi, saying he got it himself from the bonus disc.

But i ran all four of these pokemon through legality checker and they came up Unknown GBA type.

Are they supposed to come up like this normally, or are they all hacks?

I can only confirm the mathematical feasibility. Up to 9 legal shiny PVs are possible.

Kazumi, you realize that means over a million wrong PIDs that aren't right. I'd still like to see a real one even if I couldn't see the pid (I realize that isn't possible unless i have someone hold thier finger over my screen.) That way i'd know the legit responce on Legal checker.

My results assume that WISHMKR Jirachi is generated following the CGBAE® scheme, as stated on Legality Checker vB54-8 - July 19, 2009 included readme, and that's exactly how each of those results are reported by the program: Common GBA Event (Restricted).

I can't supply any legit example. I just state that unless legit pokemon aren't generated following that scheme, or unless anti-shiny PV generation is applied, then shiny WISHMKR Jirachi is possible and up to 9 different shiny PVs can be generated.

... or unless anti-shiny PV generation is applied...

This is the big question here. The only way to prove/disprove would be to debug the disc as the mew is being generated.

WISHMKR jirachi should always be restricted, shiny or not.

EDIT: Sabre, I'm quite sure they have some misinformation... That never was their strong suit anyway. I have the disc and I have always received restricted jirachis.

• 2 weeks later...

Yamipoli claims that she herself received a shiny jirachi from her own bonus disc. She also claims that a reliable friend from Japan knew of someone who received a shiny ageto celebi.

I will be speaking with loadingNOW on yamipoli's credibility, but as far as her history, she has been a big part of the gba era. According to Gold Ursaring, she also traded pokes that he specifically asked her not to... so I dunno.