pk3DS: Pokémon 3DS ROM Editor and Randomizer

On 3/23/2023 at 4:01 PM, yongkitan said:
I need some help. I used PK3ds to edit the rival pokemon. If I choose froakie, shauna will choose chespin not fennekin. But how to change the text to show that shauna take chespin not fennekin? Thank you

It should be in the story text editor, to find the text file it's in, make it into a txt file and search for the part where she mentions what starter she picked. It might be a lot of work though since you will need to fix every mention of the starter pokemon in the editor. I'm not sure if this will work but you could try changing the order of the starter pokemon in the gift mon editor.

Exception Details:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at pk3DS.SMTE.UpdateStats(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\a\1\s\pk3DS\Subforms\Gen7\SMTE.cs:line 518
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MaskedTextBox.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MaskedTextBox.SetWindowText(String text, Boolean raiseTextChangedEvent, Boolean preserveCaret)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MaskedTextBox.Delete(Keys keyCode, Int32 startPosition, Int32 selectionLen)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MaskedTextBox.OnKeyDown(KeyEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MaskedTextBox.ProcessKeyMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.MaskedTextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

pk3DS, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\pk3DS\pk3DS.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

pk3DS.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\pk3DS\pk3DS.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running the program (albeit with potential side-effects), but please report this error.

I'm pretty sure this only happened because I tried to delete an ev when there was nothing in the box but I'll still post this to be sure

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, i was wondering something. Would it be possible to edit Pokémon with special encounters in the future? For example, in Pokémon X/Y: Dropping from the ceiling, shaking trash cans, swooping down from above (in Victory Road) and rustling bushes, as well as the Snorlax encounter on Route 7. I recently saw axyn's Pokémon Ancestral X Rom Hack that had edited all of these and even some overworld items were changed (Tree berries and NPC's giving you items). Any idea on how he managed to do so? 

Edited by TheSantix17

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

I've recently started doing this and happily done my own edits on ORAS but now I am doing editing on USUM.

Does PK3DS has issue on changing Pokemon Typing on USUM? Because I change some pokemon type and it wont let me rebuild .3ds, I've tried installing decrypted, CIA and encrypted roms to make sure it's not the rom itself but at the moment I am having trouble rebuilding the USUM Rom after I've done changes to it 😞

Edited by Tomorrow

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2023 at 8:25 AM, Tomorrow said:

Hello Guys,

I've recently started doing this and happily done my own edits on ORAS but now I am doing editing on USUM.

Does PK3DS has issue on changing Pokemon Typing on USUM? Because I change some pokemon type and it wont let me rebuild .3ds, I've tried installing decrypted, CIA and encrypted roms to make sure it's not the rom itself but at the moment I am having trouble rebuilding the USUM Rom after I've done changes to it 😞

Do you mean changing the type of a given Pokemon (e.g. making Bulbasaur Ice instead of Grass/Poison), or changing the Type Chart?

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '65535' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at pk3DS.SMTE.PopulateFieldsTD7(TrainerData7 tr) in D:\a\1\s\pk3DS\Subforms\Gen7\SMTE.cs:line 416
   at pk3DS.SMTE.LoadEntry() in D:\a\1\s\pk3DS\Subforms\Gen7\SMTE.cs:line 328
   at pk3DS.SMTE.ChangeTrainerIndex(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\a\1\s\pk3DS\Subforms\Gen7\SMTE.cs:line 298
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------

C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\pk3DS\pk3DS.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

C:\Users\Steve\Desktop\pk3DS\pk3DS.Core.dll

Accessibility, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Accessibility\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Accessibility.dll

--------------------
User Message:
An unhandled exception has occurred.
You can continue running the program (albeit with potential side-effects), but please report this error.

When I select different trainers in the trainer editor, it gives this message but what I can tell it's not affecting anything

Edited by Apollo ChaoZ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have been trying to randomize pokémon Omega Ruby for a while now and it has been working but i’m struggling with the amount of pokémon trainers have. At first they all had a normal amount except for the important trainers who all had 6. it’s difficult to progress early game when the first gym has a full randomized team of 6. i turned it off but it still did it. and now i messed with it and now all the trainers have 6. i just want them all to have a normal scaled amount. i am tired and i really need help. this is so aggravating and hard to understand.

• 3 weeks later...

Help, I have a problem trying to remove some move's recharge effect. I used the backup files created by pk3DS and put the edited move file into the mods location. All other changes successfully implemented, but just the recharge effects are not changed.

And when I try to rebuild the rom using HackingToolkit the recharge effects are actually removed (I changed both recharge flag and the F19 flag)

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out what I did wrong, sorry

Edited by Anoname

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently got through editing a copy of Pokemon X, I spent weeks working though everything using the tool so my friends and I could try a harder version of the game. I got all the way to the end, and decided I wanted to change the route 2 pidgey to a swablu. I saved it, did a few more things, and ran the game. It popped up as a nidoking named egg, an I knew something was wrong. The static encounter editor now gives me the error below, and I'm unsure how to fix it without losing all of my work. Does anyone have any ideas?
-----

Exception Details:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at pk3DS.StaticEncounterEditor6.LoadData() in D:\a\1\s\pk3DS\Subforms\Gen6\StaticEncounterEditor6.cs:line 74
   at pk3DS.StaticEncounterEditor6..ctor() in D:\a\1\s\pk3DS\Subforms\Gen6\StaticEncounterEditor6.cs:line 35
   at pk3DS.Main.B_Static_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\a\1\s\pk3DS\Main.cs:line 1320
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------

C:\Users\sirgo\Desktop\pk3DS\pk3DS.exe

C:\Users\sirgo\Desktop\pk3DS\pk3DS.Core.dll

22 hours ago, autofire372 said:

I can't seem to edit any of the move flags in any gen 6 game. They don't update scrolling through the move list, either. I tested with X and Omega Ruby.

None of this happens with gen7, though (tested with Pokémon Sun).

Figured it out - for some reason, the actual move flags for gen 6 are the unlabeled F17 to F32 flags; the labeled flags appear to be unrelated data.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently trying to randomize the RomHack SinkingSapphire

Since UPR not rly supports unofficial Roms, my only way to randomize is to use pk3ds i think.

The wild encounter file from the hack (a/0/1/3) contains 10 different pokemon at route 101, each with 10% chance. 

image.png.a81c8190ed395255086acbe50ab160c4.png

This is after Randomize All

image.png.9f30caa1db01c402f72b691bf23dd3ff.png

As you can see, after randomizing it always has 5-6 different pokemon, no matter what route. Is there a way to keep the 10 different pokes or dont make duplicates that likely? 

Bump

Also when randomizing Marts, there are some Pokeballs for like 100-300$ buyable

But those are not actual Balls you can use in a battle. They dont appear there

Though i had a random Premier ball in my bag and when i found a shop with premier balls for 100$, you could use them during battle. I guess only because i had an "original" premier ball already.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 11:54 PM, LettersFrom said:

Just download the tool a while back and I was wondering if it's possible to edit the items you receive from NPC, specifically in X and Y? I just want to switch the item that you get from NPC like the mega stones and exp share as examples, like for instance instead of receiving a mega Charizard stone from Professor Sycamore,  I could switch it to him giving you a mega Mewtwo stone or a master ball, same for the lady that gives you the exp share, i could instead have her give you a mega Lucario stone way earlier than intended. Also it would be cool if there was a randomize button to get random items from those NPC because in every youtube video when someone randomizes their game those NPC gifts are never randomize.

I still need help randomizing event items like the EXP Share that you received for example. There doesn't seem to be an option to edit event items for X and Y. Someone please help me, I'd really appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In my Ultra Moon ROM hack, I decided to edit a few of the in-game trades to give different Pokemon (Aerodactyl-Cherrim), and for some reason the gift text is still "You received Aerodactyl!" Wouldn't be a problem except there's no reference of the 'You received ___' message within both the Story Text and Game Text editors. I'm totally stumped since it seems like there's no way to edit that specific text for some reason. If anyone knows how to edit this please let me know.

On 12/13/2023 at 1:31 PM, StinkySlinky1218 said:

Are there any plans to allow the OWSE actually save changes such as NPC data and scripts? Is pk3DS even being worked on anymore?

I really hope so, but the last commit on Github was a year ago (a minor fix), and that commit wasn't even built, it seems.

Before that, the last significant changes were those preceding the latest build (November 2021)...